Login

russian armor

Ninja changes for 9.9 patch

PAGES (8)down
10 Sep 2014, 09:14 AM

I'm just gonna leave this here. I'm sure vetlolcake will have an orgasm to rival an atomic bomb when he sees that first line, but people should know what sneaky things Relic has been doing. I fully expect them to hotfix the first line, but the question is how many days later.

82mm/120mm/Maxim/DSHK squads no longer have a 25% received accuracy penalty. Now fixed.
Paratrooper vet2 accuracy bonus from 1.25 to 1.4
Irregular/Partisan LMG nerfed ~12% (same as the other LMGs, except these didn't get nerfed at short range)
Raketenwerfer exp requirements for vet doubled
Button rate of fire reduction only 25% (patch notes say 56%)
Volk Schrek base accuracy nerfed to 0.025/0.0375/0.05 (from 0.03/0.0425/0.055), PG schrek accuracy was this already.
Vehicle stun effect duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds (EDIT: affects Stuart, OKW puma against assault guns, Ostheer units had moved to another stun type though the old files still remain)
Terror officer aura further reduced slightly from 0.87 reload to 0.91 reload for weapon teams.
Ostheer Command Tank aura now applies to all allied units, previously only your own
Captain On Me ability buff changed from 1.2 damage to 1.2 accuracy
OKW PIV exp required increased by 10%
Recon Commander Paratroopers: Healing added to vet2 (like normal paras)
Captain & Lieutenant Thompson nerfed down to Paratrooper Thompson stats (so 50% lower damage though with the new improved range)
Soviet Combat Engineer build time increased from 4.25 to 4.5, manpower cost from 42.5 to 45 (so squad cost 170 --> 180, reinforce cost 21-->22)
Weapon Rack M1919 costs 70 muni (up from 60)
10 Sep 2014, 09:18 AM

Oh beautiful, any comments on anyone who has tried the new patch? About Soviet support weapons.
10 Sep 2014, 09:23 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

ninja nerf all the axis stuff so playerbase doesnt get too upset. well played relic
But these are pretty good changes apart form the first one obivously
10 Sep 2014, 09:27 AM

I played 2 2vs2's as axis, i versed maximspam in both (one game even double maxim spam) and it was a pain to deal with.
I Thought it was the usuall thing when fighting maxims, but seeing this it might be more then that.
(Having maxims escaping with all six men when being chased by a scoutcar was one incident which raised my eyebrows).
If this is true, i wont bother with axis this patch and switvh 100% to allies
Maxims bore me to death and i rather have the choice not to use them, then face them a 100% of the time (which will happen when this gets known)
10 Sep 2014, 09:27 AM

Why don't they just post a complete changelog? seriously -.-
10 Sep 2014, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 09:27 AMzarok47
I played 2 2vs2's as axis, i versed maximspam in both (one game even double maxim spam) and it was a pain to deal with.
I Thought it was the usuall thing when fighting maxims, but seeing this it might be more then that.
(Having maxims escaping with all six men when being chased by a scoutcar was one incident which raised my eyebrows).
Maxims bore me to death and i rather have the choice not to use them, then face them a 100% of the time (which will happen when this gets known)

Well actually maxims were nerfed in this patch. They removed accuracy penalty from them.

Maybe the reason why you saw that many maxims was that conscripts were also were nerfed.
10 Sep 2014, 09:31 AM

ninja nerf all the axis stuff so playerbase doesnt get too upset. well played relic
But these are pretty good changes apart form the first one obivously

Weeeelll...there's a few that I quite like, like the ostheer command tank (to give an excuse to not go tigers in team games), the captain/lieut doomthompson fix (because they were ridiculous and made for huge RNG engagements depending on how long the officer lived), fixing recon paratrooper vet to be inline with normal paratroopers...but the rest seems completely unneeded even if they're fairly minor changes.

The soviet squad weapons losing their received accuracy is pretty clearly Relic messing up with the patching process again. You'd think someone at Relic would bother diffing their patch files before release to stop these things from happening.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 09:31 AMFlamee

Well actually maxims were nerfed in this patch. They removed accuracy penalty from them.

You misunderstand. This is a huge buff to maxims. The modifier increased the amount of damage they took in from small arms.
10 Sep 2014, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 09:31 AMCruzz

You misunderstand. This is a huge buff to maxims. The modifier increased the amount of damage they took in from small arms.

Aah okay, well. Then, prepare your anus! :D
10 Sep 2014, 09:37 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

well stun round is now more reasonable, IF the pak40 properly tracks again. Otherwise you could get in 3 shots very fast if you stunned first shot.
ofcourse there are some minor things that dont make sense but what is patching without changing some arbitrary numbers :D
Terror officer nerfed again makes me unhappy but super small change again
10 Sep 2014, 09:46 AM

Surely after having the same issues of mixing old game versions and forgetting many changes in a patch log a few times already you try to take steps to prevent such things from happening in the future again. Not at Relic apparently. Cannot tell I am surprised.
10 Sep 2014, 10:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Thanks for digging out these stats, Cruzz. That first item is pretty groan-inducing.
10 Sep 2014, 10:27 AM

Could be that this accuracy changes is Relic's answer to Soviet weapon teams problem aka. Maxim spam?
10 Sep 2014, 10:28 AM

triple nerf for sturmpios :

-decreased damage
-increased damage of allied core infanty
-increased durability of soviet weapon teams

And all that for 320 mp :D

10 Sep 2014, 10:58 AM
Senior Editor Badge

10 Sep 2014, 11:10 AM

Could be that this accuracy changes is Relic's answer to Soviet weapon teams problem aka. Maxim spam?

By making them more durable?
10 Sep 2014, 11:18 AM

25% RECEIVED accuracy penalty, so all other units now have -25% accuracy against maxims. Huge buff to maxims....
10 Sep 2014, 11:29 AM

Guys, its pretty obvious.

With all the changes making the game more tactical and blobbing being nerfed they had to make a noob friendly change to keep the playerbase alive.
10 Sep 2014, 11:41 AM

plz tell me this is a joke ... or rather a nightmare ...
10 Sep 2014, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2014, 09:27 AMzarok47

I sincerely apolagize for the maxim spam, it was just more to try out if it was as viable as before, and sure as hell it was. Fun? Fuck no! Effective? Yes... ;(
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 83
United States 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %