Login

russian armor

Conscripts post 9/9 patch

15 Sep 2014, 20:25 PM

So what exactly do conscripts do that makes them attract bullets?

God I wish I could draw...

A Did the stupid Ruskies eat alot of high powered magnets?

or B they run around the battlefield wildly jumping up and down allowing clearer shots?

LOL just LOL at this patch.

Otroschenkov Sergei Andreyevich:

"My friend, a nice fellow, Lyosha Kurov was killed near a place named Gorshik. He was killed due to his boyish folly. We stood in defense, everything was quiet. Lyoshka ascended a railroad embankment and went heckling the Germans exposing his naked buttocks to them. The Germans fired at him with a cannon and killed him."

Link to full story at english.iremember.ru site
15 Sep 2014, 20:30 PM

There is a game, tabletop game, called Flames of War (somtimes I get the impression, that someone from Relic definitely plays it. Even would be curious to find out) It's WWII wargame.
They have implemented some mechanic, that all infantry's shooting at the same level. However Veteran troops are more experienced in using cover on the battlefield, so it's easier to hit less experienced Conscripts, than Veteran squad.

Definitely looks our case.

This is misleading since the name "conscript" implies a newly drafted soldier. However, all units were basically "conscripts" throughout WW2
15 Sep 2014, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 20:30 PMNinjaWJ
This is misleading since the name "conscript" implies a newly drafted soldier. However, all units were basically "conscripts" throughout WW2

Well, the game system I have mentioned has three ratings - Consctipt->Trained->Veteran.
So Conscript in this case simply means fresh troops with too little or none real battle experienced.
15 Sep 2014, 20:43 PM

So I guess the Russians don't have any trained troops. Everyone is either a conscripts or a veteran "guardsman" (which still suck more than grens sometimes)
15 Sep 2014, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 20:17 PMNinjaWJ

because they are Slavs. And we all know Slavs are genetically inferior to the Aryan Ubermensch

Careful... there are some here who don't see the sarcasm in that.
15 Sep 2014, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 19:31 PMGreeb
Are you sure it's a bug? Conscripts received an equally stupid nerf and it wasn't a bug.

Pretty sure. No other AT Gun has an incoming accuracy liability, and it was only added when they realised they forgot to include it in the Maxim and Mortar(?) for Soviets in the 9.9 patch. It seems like someone went to add it back in to weapon teams and accidentally put it on the ZiS as well.
15 Sep 2014, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 20:43 PMNinjaWJ
So I guess the Russians don't have any trained troops. Everyone is either a conscripts or a veteran "guardsman" (which still suck more than grens sometimes)

Nah.
In fact if we speak about system I told about, Soviets never got full detachments with rating more than Trained. It's either Conscript or Trained.
Germans on the other side never had anything below Trained.

More considering and I definitely think Relic knows about this one LOL

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 20:48 PMMadeMan

Pretty sure. No other AT Gun has an incoming accuracy liability, and it was only added when they realised they forgot to include it in the Maxim and Mortar(?) for Soviets in the 9.9 patch. It seems like someone went to add it back in to weapon teams and accidentally put it on the ZiS as well.

Don't forget M-42 AT gun
15 Sep 2014, 20:57 PM

Nah.
In fact if we speak about system I told about, Soviets never got full detachments with rating more than Trained. It's either Conscript or Trained.
Germans on the other side never had anything below Trained.

More considering and I definitely think Relic knows about this one LOL

I was just trying to apply your statement to the current game. By 1944, a lot of Germany's best divisions were getting demolished. They still had some well-equipped divisions, but by that time, Germany was in full retreat from the East.

This game still portrays Germans with equipment superiority and still very capable, while the Soviets are portrayed as their 1941-self, a very disorganized and poor-performing army.

COH2 basically has it somewhat reversed. USSR should have many combat vets, but Germany should have a mixed force of grizzled veterans and fresh meat
15 Sep 2014, 21:11 PM

Otroschenkov Sergei Andreyevich:

"My friend, a nice fellow, Lyosha Kurov was killed near a place named Gorshik. He was killed due to his boyish folly. We stood in defense, everything was quiet. Lyoshka ascended a railroad embankment and went heckling the Germans exposing his naked buttocks to them. The Germans fired at him with a cannon and killed him."

Link to full story at english.iremember.ru site

They need to add that animation. Conscripts running around showing thier asses. Or my personal favorite proposed ability for conscripts.

"Cower in fear of the Ubermensch" It should work like Hit the Dirt but instead of firing they just shake uncontrollably.
15 Sep 2014, 21:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 13:35 PMGreeb

Tell me which of these AT weapons are superior to its axis counterpart:

ATnade ---- Faust
ZiS ---- Pak
DPRS ---- Panzerschreck
T34/76 ----- PzIV
SU76 ----- ??? Stug?
SU85 ----- Panther

And now, tell me which soviet tanks have better armor and penetration than its axis counterparts.
It's funny how the faction with the most powerful tanks has the most powerful AT weapons.

Even more, let me know which soviet infantry is better than its axis counterpart. Probably ONLY shocks, which are a short range units with 0 AT capabilities.
ALL non-doctrinal axis units are better than its soviet counterpart, and you still deny that they are balanced... <444>_<444>

Well, enjoy then your sniper/maxim spam, you certainly deserve it, as you are the first one who doesn't want balance in this game.

This is the nail on the head really. If you think Soviet has good AT, tell me which you swap your axis counterpart for? None. And is if Panthers didn't have it easy enough to escape on low hp with smoke and blitzkreig, they bugg it so it has more front armour than a tiger? It's almost impossible to kill a semi competent players panthers now, all they have to do is hit smoke and reverse and even if I somehow get a shot in it just bounces off the front armour. What nice and nimble tank am I to outflank a panther with that will actually damage it?

I don't understand how Relic can see 80%+ people going axis and think to themselves, 'Well, let's solve this by buffing axis AGAIN and nerfing soviets AGAIN.' It's an absolute joke.
16 Sep 2014, 06:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Sep 2014, 21:53 PMhedfunk

This is the nail on the head really. If you think Soviet has good AT, tell me which you swap your axis counterpart for? None. And is if Panthers didn't have it easy enough to escape on low hp with smoke and blitzkreig, they bugg it so it has more front armour than a tiger? It's almost impossible to kill a semi competent players panthers now, all they have to do is hit smoke and reverse and even if I somehow get a shot in it just bounces off the front armour. What nice and nimble tank am I to outflank a panther with that will actually damage it?

I don't understand how Relic can see 80%+ people going axis and think to themselves, 'Well, let's solve this by buffing axis AGAIN and nerfing soviets AGAIN.' It's an absolute joke.

its just true...from 2v2 and higher, the panther is quiet unbeatable...
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS