Login

russian armor

Close the Pocket

14 Sep 2014, 15:19 PM
Patrion 14

doesn't the description still say "cut off and FRONTLINE territories"?
14 Sep 2014, 16:26 PM

The issue is that this ability exists in the first place.

Really looking forward to when Relic introduces the Boeing B-29 with Atomic Bomb. At 18 CP and 280 Munitions the USF can call in a B-29 and drop an atomic bomb on the opponents base. Of course to balance it you have to dodge flak emplacements. Perfectly logical.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 15 Sep 2014, 16:10 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I pointed out the cache as one possible counter measure simply because it's easy to overlook its effectiveness in this scenario. If a player does manage to execute crush the pocket perfectly, it really puts the weight of the next decision on the oposing player. Do I try to fall back outside of the pocket, or do I push forward?

This decision largely weighs on a few key factors, such as the position of your units relative to the pocket and the type of cut off strategy your enemy executed. Did he over extend? Can you push forward to take out vulnerable targets or should you concentrate on the over extended units.

That said, the mechanics might need a few more tweaks to get this decision loop right. Namely, does the player have enough time to react? Can they properly observe this strategy in advance or during execution? Is the effort required by one player consistent with the effort required by the other? We are monitoring your feedback and will act as needed.
31 Dec 2014, 06:57 AM

Well I just used this ability and it literally did jackshit. Waste of 300 munitions. I stuka'd the cutoff point and then did the ability. It had 2 barrages which all missed. 3 tanks just sat there and took nothing. All units were in cut-off territory. No units were even moved.

Don't know if the ability was patched but its literally fucking useless for all the munitions I saved up for it. I want my fucking money back.
31 Dec 2014, 07:20 AM

I heard it was bugged but used it anyway a few days ago... Literally flattened the whole right side of Lienne forest... whoopsies... Seemed to work fine for me.
31 Dec 2014, 07:44 AM
Donator 11

Does the ability require line of sight at all?
31 Dec 2014, 08:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2014, 07:44 AMMittens
Does the ability require line of sight at all?

No, it doesn't
31 Dec 2014, 08:26 AM

Had a game where the team (All sovs) put a good amount of shocks on the three CPs.

Well I decided to cut them off from the fellow territory. Then I clicked to close the pocket.

Next thing you know, All there shocks are gone, get called a bundle of sticks, and they all leave.

Why cant the Allies get a arty calling like this?
31 Dec 2014, 09:32 AM

B-4 precision strike on retreat point :banana:
31 Dec 2014, 10:13 AM

Especially given the Soviet reputation for absolutely fearsome artillery...
8 Dec 2016, 04:24 AM

I pointed out the cache as one possible counter measure simply because it's easy to overlook its effectiveness in this scenario. If a player does manage to execute crush the pocket perfectly, it really puts the weight of the next decision on the oposing player. Do I try to fall back outside of the pocket, or do I push forward?

This decision largely weighs on a few key factors, such as the position of your units relative to the pocket and the type of cut off strategy your enemy executed. Did he over extend? Can you push forward to take out vulnerable targets or should you concentrate on the over extended units.

That said, the mechanics might need a few more tweaks to get this decision loop right. Namely, does the player have enough time to react? Can they properly observe this strategy in advance or during execution? Is the effort required by one player consistent with the effort required by the other? We are monitoring your feedback and will act as needed.

Come back dude, we miss you :(

Then I clicked to close the pocket, get called a bundle of sticks, and they all leave.

Hahahah, had a good laugh, thanks!
Allies have the bombing run
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight