Login

russian armor

Panther and tier 4

6 Sep 2014, 08:46 AM

its overpriced, it has pretty good stats but isn't worth it's feul cost.
it should cost 160 feul, it's manpower cost is fine.
especailly the whermacht one, cause tier 4 is overpriced.
the teching is to expensive building tier 3 and than build tigers works better most of the time.
what do you guys think?
6 Sep 2014, 09:01 AM
Donator 11

the teching is to expensive building tier 3 and than build tigers works better most of the time.
what do you guys think?

+1. I totally agree with u man.
6 Sep 2014, 09:29 AM

Definitely, it's been overpriced for quite a while now.
6 Sep 2014, 14:37 PM

I only partly agree. It´s definitely overpriced... but also under-performing.

For that cost and an end of the tech tree unit it offers less dps than a Panzer IV. Also it has the health pool of one T-34/85 (which comes in a double pack).

The high penetration values offer almost nothing over the gun of a Panzer IV in a game where medium tanks (aka only average armor) are spammed and 50 range can´t be utilized chasing down hostile vehicles. The gun of the Panzer IV however can fire in a faster succession - thus being the better gun overall in most scenarios.

That being said: Either give it a faster rate of fire or more health.
6 Sep 2014, 15:23 PM

As long as it has less DPS than panzer 4 coupled with its zero utility vs inf and at guns,its not an option because whats the use of a tank hunter that can't kill tanks .
As for its pricing thats just last nail in the coffin.
6 Sep 2014, 15:26 PM

what do you guys think?

If Panther would be cheaper in Team Games then again German Tank Spam, pls look at that. Opel Blitz+Luftwaffen Commander is really strong. There are many mighty combinations possible if u play Germans
6 Sep 2014, 15:28 PM

If Panther would be cheaper in Team Games then again German Tank Spam, pls look at that. Opel Blitz+Luftwaffen Commander is really strong. There are many mighty combinations possible if u play Germans

Opel blitz is dead in team games.Luftwaffe only benefits 1 teammate,without panther ostheer has 1 lategame tank-tiger ,its been six months like that...faction has become extremely boring and one dimensional.
6 Sep 2014, 15:42 PM

Decrease tech cost, increase cost of buildings. Ost t4 is, for me, has best units which give plenty options, but right now it s like the soviets have to build t2 and t3 to get t4. Decreasing cost of tech and putting it to buildings would solve that problem cause I ca tech to t3 without spending my reso for t3.
6 Sep 2014, 16:36 PM

I only partly agree. It´s definitely overpriced... but also under-performing.

For that cost and an end of the tech tree unit it offers less dps than a Panzer IV. Also it has the health pool of one T-34/85 (which comes in a double pack).

The high penetration values offer almost nothing over the gun of a Panzer IV in a game where medium tanks (aka only average armor) are spammed and 50 range can´t be utilized chasing down hostile vehicles. The gun of the Panzer IV however can fire in a faster succession - thus being the better gun overall in most scenarios.

That being said: Either give it a faster rate of fire or more health.

I think it's stats are fine, it has very good mobility and 50 range is great. but it isn't worth 175 and the feul for teching, it need to be cheaper it doesn't need a buff
6 Sep 2014, 16:44 PM

are you guys crazy. it beats the su-85, it the best medium tank in the game, its armor values make it so that it prevents pentration constantly like heavy tanks do.

oh yeh and it has a turret and blitz mode.
6 Sep 2014, 16:50 PM

I think it's stats are fine, it has very good mobility and 50 range is great. but it isn't worth 175 and the feul for teching, it need to be cheaper it doesn't need a buff

Useful attributes but still not good enough. this uni was designed as a durability fighter hence the very low dps. but these days its durability is only decent. its need a major dps increase to make this uni worthwhile. even at 160 fuel i dont like this unit. remember most other dedicated td's have 50 % more dps then this unit.
6 Sep 2014, 16:51 PM

are you guys crazy. it beats the su-85, it the best medium tank in the game, its armor values make it so that it prevents pentration constantly like heavy tanks do.

oh yeh and it has a turret and blitz mode.

and why should i get a panther if the puma does the same thing only much cheaper?
6 Sep 2014, 16:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2014, 16:50 PMJaigen

Useful attributes but still not good enough. this uni was designed as a durability fighter hence the very low dps. but these days its durability is only decent. its need a major dps increase to make this uni worthwhile. even at 160 fuel i dont like this unit. remember most other dedicated td's have 50 % more dps then this unit.

it isn't a TD, has high hp, good armor, less range, and more mobility than the most TD.
and it can kill infantry also better than a TD due it's MGs.
It really doesn't a buff,but a cost decrease.
6 Sep 2014, 17:21 PM

has high hp,
It has the HP of a T-34/85, a medium tank. Only with vet 2 it gets a tad more hp. I would say its HP is moderate.

good armor, less range, and more mobility than the most TD.
That has 10 range less than Jackson and SU-85, can´t spot for itself (Su-85 can), does regular damage (Jackson does more). Making it rather inefficient.

and it can kill infantry also better than a TD due it's MGs.
Better, but still not well. Especially considering the fact that it can´t fight more than one medium tank and its cost.

It really doesn't a buff,but a cost decrease.
Less dps than a Panzer IV, can not utilize its 50 range when on the offensive. Can only somewhat perform versus infantry and is lost versus multiple tanks because of its rate of fire.
6 Sep 2014, 17:27 PM

^I like how you conveniently have forgot about its armor penetration, speed, acceleration, armor and limited but still incomparably greater AI potential with MGs then any other tank hunter.

Also its AT DPS is almost equal to easy8 and T34/85.
6 Sep 2014, 17:37 PM

and thats why its up compared to other dedicated td's
6 Sep 2014, 17:39 PM

^I like how you conveniently have forgot about its armor penetration,
As stated above: The armor penetration is almost irrelevant in a game where your opponents armored force consists of medium tanks almost every game.

speed, acceleration, armor and limited but still incomparably greater AI potential with MGs then any other tank hunter.
Meaning it can drive around a lot being useless. And you don´t seriously want to tell me the infantry is running away from Panthers?

Now you actually made me laugh. It has almost the dps of the medium tanks it´s supposed to counter - those medium tanks that perform way better versus infantry. If I ever see a Panther decimating infantry like a double T-34/85 call in, we can talk. Actually you have proven my point... it´s worse than medium tanks, in every relevant aspect. :clap:

To be clear: The Panther should deal more damage than either T-34/85 or Easy 8.
6 Sep 2014, 17:41 PM

I think the Panther is supposed to be a middle of the road between a medium tank and a TD, but in practice it's not that good at either of those roles.

Personally, I'd make it a mobile TD: increase fire rate a bit, and increase both accuracy and moving accuracy a lot. I picture it as a tank hunter that uses its speed and range to hunt down enemy vehicles, while having enough armor and DPS to enter a brawl if need be. It would function a bit like the Jackson, with less firepower but far tougher and able to hunt down and finish off fleeing armor. For the price you pay, the Panther should perform very well at it's anti-tank role, which it quite simply doesn't at the moment.
6 Sep 2014, 17:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2014, 17:37 PMJaigen

and thats why its up compared to other dedicated td's

How about you compare survivability as well, which makes it apparently OP according to your way of thinking?

Its the only non doctrinal tank hunter that doesn't explode when AT infantry thinks about it really hard or any armor gets within 40 range.

You want it to have as much punch as squishy TDs, strip its survivability.
6 Sep 2014, 18:00 PM

I join to the opinion that Panther only needs a cost decrease.

Buff it and we will have again the stupid meta of unkillable blitz Panthers with smoke supported by the best AT infantry/support units of the game.
A bigger Puma is the last thing this game needs for balance.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 45
Poland 10
United States 6
Germany 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %