Login

russian armor

Wy the Axis are the better choise in 2gg2

7 Sep 2014, 16:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2014, 15:17 PMGreeb
The only issue I see with axis in team games is that they have the most and the best AT units.

Is a pain to play against a faction that, except a couple of pure AI units, everything else can do a lot of damage to your vehicles. In teamgames that makes easier for one of the players to spam Elite AI units to cap, push and harass. And each day they got more and more infiltration elite units (Falls, Jeager, Stormtroopers...), which makes the harassing even worse for allies.
I'm tired of seeing OKW players with 3 cheaper panzerschrecks bulletins stacked because he just needs that to fight allied armor until King Tiger/Jadgtiger arrives.
That makes me remember old vCoH times when in teamgames one player spammed just paks+tanks and the other snipers + vet3 Knight Cross Holders.

Allied AT capabilities should increase. USF zooks should be better, and soviets should have anything better than Guards/Cons against vehicles which currently both are pushed out of the meta due to their terrible AI abilities against OKW elite infantry.

reminded me of vcoh ranger bazooka spam.

I agree that allied at should increase. can't say how much for americans, but guards ptrs is awful vs anything above light vehicles (although it can be okay on some lucky flank shots). conscript at nades are also short range.
raw
7 Sep 2014, 16:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2014, 21:41 PMChris
So wy I ever win with the Okw and ever lose with the Usf ?

Because it is as you say.
7 Sep 2014, 16:34 PM

conscript at nades are also short range.

I don't mind it being even shorter if it had the penetration of fausts.
It's unfair to know that every single faust will fuck your T34s, meanwhile ATnades are unreliable against everything above a halftrack.

Even more when conscripts are only useful for their ATnade past early game, meanwhile infantry with fausts scale very well at all stages of the game.
7 Sep 2014, 19:47 PM

In the context of 2v2 especially, Allied synergies ie. vs Paks or Pgrens are by and large tangibly superior, for example: Sov. sniper play, Shocks, Arty of all kinds (especially B4 and Katyushah) to include 120 mm mortars, ISU 152. The commonly encountered IS-2 doc by itself contains Shocks and incendiary arty both of which are very useful at forcing off or dislocating Paks and supporting inf prior to commiting the IS-2. If you are looking for some (admittedly cheesy, but undoubtedly very effective methods) of how to render ie. Paks all but useless, look for Sibs/VonIvans teamgames in the stream section.

I dont think the Allied Arty is superior to the German one like the Wurfrahme 40, Mortarhalftrack, light artillery barrage or long range infantery like Obersoldaten. I dont want to say German options are better, but i dont think they are inferior.
8 Sep 2014, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2014, 15:17 PMGreeb
The only issue I see with axis in team games is that they have the most and the best AT units.

Is a pain to play against a faction that, except a couple of pure AI units, everything else can do a lot of damage to your vehicles. In teamgames that makes easier for one of the players to spam Elite AI units to cap, push and harass. And each day they got more and more infiltration elite units (Falls, Jeager, Stormtroopers...), which makes the harassing even worse for allies.
I'm tired of seeing OKW players with 3 cheaper panzerschrecks bulletins stacked because he just needs that to fight allied armor until King Tiger/Jadgtiger arrives.
That makes me remember old vCoH times when in teamgames one player spammed just paks+tanks and the other snipers + vet3 Knight Cross Holders.

Allied AT capabilities should increase. USF zooks should be better, and soviets should have anything better than Guards/Cons against vehicles which currently both are pushed out of the meta due to their terrible AI abilities against OKW elite infantry.

The US' lack of AT is one of their core issues in team games aside from the lack of a late-game presence). I know bunker spamming is a newbie tactic but it actually becomes a problem in team games when you can't smoke past it because your opponent has a buddy who can make up for the MP loss by setting up supporting units in the vicinity. Meanwhile, unlike the Soviets, the US has no way of busting bunkers until they spend a fair amount of fuel and get the captain/AT gun. It often results in the US player/s being denied a large portion of the map for an unreasonable amount of time.

The other major issue involving AT is the construction of the US tech tree in general. In 1v1s it's easy to make a decision between the LT and Captain based on your opponent's tech. In team games, though, it's difficult to make a decision because your opponents could easily go in two different directions. If you go LT and one of your opponents goes armour, you can easily be forced off the map then and there. Same applies to Captain vs a large inf blob.

Obviously, these issues are partially nullified by simply rolling with a Soviet team-mate. That being said, God help you if you get stuck with double US.
8 Sep 2014, 07:39 AM
Donator 11

It's even possible to win with double US, but it is defiantly harder.
But here is a little hind, communicate!

Make sure you and your mate knows, who builds what (it is even possible in 2vs2 RR, just give him some instructions). You will be surprised, there are more random mates cooperating as you guess. The guy who is rushing for a lui is also rushing for a mayor after he got a AA HT.

He is the main Anti-Infantry player, providing AA HT, MGs, AI rifles/lui and later on Tank support (I would recommend 2 Jacksons as a good combination to your army).

The other guy gets a Captain after his foruth rifle. He provides the AT in form of AT guns. If the enemy is relaying on his defense, this player choose the inf company in addition and calls in a Priest asap! He also can get 1919ers for his rifles, so that he got a good amount of AI units as well.

Now player together, flank, combine your frontal attacks and still communicate!

You will be surprised how effective double US can be in 2vs2, even if it is still very hard
8 Sep 2014, 10:24 AM

@Nilon: The light infantry barrage is useful to force ie. a ZiS to move in order to facilitate a Tank push, since most people will maneuver as soon as they see the smoke. However, they dont necessarily need to, since its killing power itself is quite limited. Mortar HT/Stuka are both useful units, in fact the Stuka would be quite overpowered if it was in any other faction than OKW. Still, no comparison to Howies and especially the B4, which, mind you, one shots a PIV. As for double US: Initially I had serious problems in that matchup, like DjDeath describes, and I would have rated them the weakest constellation in 2v2. Now that I've got more games under my belt, I dont think so at all anymore. The margin for error is indeed quite limited, but the synergies are ridiculously strong, especially against double Ostheer. The one major problem is see for US play is a well supported Jagdtiger since US is lacking the heavy Soviet offmap/arty options to deal with it.
@Queenratchet/Steiner: The offer still stands guys....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight