Login

russian armor

Wy the Axis are the better choise in 2gg2

6 Sep 2014, 23:32 PM

I also found OKW to be quite ridiculous recently for some reason, not only did they get out heavier armor than me alot faster, they also had a significantly higher amount of infantry units.

I did better as Soviets tho.

Here is a thing, me and a friend capped both fuel points in the early game right, thanks to our light vehicle teamwork and traps we destoryed our enemies early on.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/38600730921001916/2C78CCE0BF685F5A399C37FEE47854ED08F499F7/

Now how the hell did they get out such heavy armor when we gave them a fuel delay O_O

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/38600730920910573/D6D2CFBE345A411AC9510D20071F936417621AD8/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/38600730920909334/25F7026B9E0B41C1FAB114F123CC52BCDAFFE418/

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/38600730920911869/81EFCDF0E13E6F0D62904F01522B058BF16B4651/

Not to mention how outnumbered we became.
7 Sep 2014, 02:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2014, 14:50 PMNilon

the probleme is you cant compare IS2 and Tiger 1 vs 1. Tiger has the better AT support + its better against infantery and less armored vehicles because of the ROF.
IS2 is a good Tank but its not better than a Tiger.

Of course you can compare the two 1v1, that exact fight does increasingly happen, and if it comes down to it, the IS2 has the edge.
I get that your point is that it is more pertinent to look at the unit in conjunction with its overall faction structure, true, and I concure that ie. the Pak is superior to the ZiS for AT purposes, but also consider that the Soviets possess better tools to fight the German AT support than vice versa.
7 Sep 2014, 03:33 AM

team game balance to me isnt so much an issue involving factions. its just that team games tend to have a quick rush to the end game units. Especially since heavy tanks dont have teching requirements.

There is just such a short window of time where light vehicles and early/mid game tactics come in to play. theres maybe a 2-3 minute window in a 45 minute match where you'll see light vehicles.

Medium and heavy tanks? those are like a 25-35 minute "window" in a 45 minute match.

Allies just dont really have the chance to use their best units, the tech progression of the game just kind of skips right over it.
7 Sep 2014, 03:42 AM

Hmm i don't think the mid game and early game are too short, i just think it is inevitable that a big team game goes to the end game (unless you end it fast). The longer the game goes, the bigger Axis advantago imo
7 Sep 2014, 04:50 AM

clearly OP doesn't know to spam fuel caches and medium tanks
7 Sep 2014, 05:09 AM

Hmm i don't think the mid game and early game are too short, i just think it is inevitable that a big team game goes to the end game (unless you end it fast). The longer the game goes, the bigger Axis advantago imo

the way i see it is most of your t1/t2 units with at abilities are for fighting off vehicles, light tanks, theyre effective when you have your infantry up against 1 or 2 vehicles.

in team games though you can pump out 4 tanks by the time you would pump out 1 tank in a 1v1. So that infantry guy who tosses an at nade and delays a tank and forces it to repair.. doesnt really do too much theres 3 more to come in and fuck everything up.

It's just a race to tech up, and theres only 1 tech timing push, which is the first team to bring a medium tank out can get some ground. After both teams atleast have medium tanks then its just kind of goes in to a very static tank off, which the axis usually win.
7 Sep 2014, 07:46 AM

Of course you can compare the two 1v1, that exact fight does increasingly happen, and if it comes down to it, the IS2 has the edge.
I get that your point is that it is more pertinent to look at the unit in conjunction with its overall faction structure, true, and I concure that ie. the Pak is superior to the ZiS for AT purposes, but also consider that the Soviets possess better tools to fight the German AT support than vice versa.

What do you mean with better tools to fight the German AT support? I dont see any tools superior to the German one.
7 Sep 2014, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2014, 07:46 AMNilon

What do you mean with better tools to fight the German AT support? I dont see any tools superior to the German one.

In the context of 2v2 especially, Allied synergies ie. vs Paks or Pgrens are by and large tangibly superior, for example: Sov. sniper play, Shocks, Arty of all kinds (especially B4 and Katyushah) to include 120 mm mortars, ISU 152. The commonly encountered IS-2 doc by itself contains Shocks and incendiary arty both of which are very useful at forcing off or dislocating Paks and supporting inf prior to commiting the IS-2. If you are looking for some (admittedly cheesy, but undoubtedly very effective methods) of how to render ie. Paks all but useless, look for Sibs/VonIvans teamgames in the stream section.
7 Sep 2014, 08:08 AM

Permanently Banned

In the context of 2v2 especially, Allied synergies ie. vs Paks or Pgrens are by and large tangibly superior, for example: Sov. sniper play, Shocks, Arty of all kinds (especially B4 and Katyushah) to include 120 mm mortars, ISU 152. The commonly encountered IS-2 doc by itself contains Shocks and incendiary arty both of which are very useful at forcing off or dislocating Paks and supporting inf prior to commiting the IS-2. If you are looking for some (admittedly cheesy, but undoubtedly very effective methods) of how to render ie. Paks all but useless, look for Sibs/VonIvans teamgames in the stream section.

supported tiger> supported IS-2

ITS THAT SIMPLE
7 Sep 2014, 08:12 AM

Oi, vey. Capitalising the letters does not add more weight to an argument.
And nah, thats simply not true, for all the reasons stated.
Vaz
7 Sep 2014, 09:05 AM

Rank is really important here. OKW is easy mode on low ranked players, but things get much harder as you get closer to the top100. It's true that OKW has some powerful weapons, but they aren't unstoppable.
7 Sep 2014, 09:28 AM

Permanently Banned
Oi, vey. Capitalising the letters does not add more weight to an argument.
And nah, thats simply not true, for all the reasons stated.

Are you really arguing that a supported tiger is NOT better than a supported IS-2?

If so. i don't believe we are playing the same game.
7 Sep 2014, 09:42 AM

unless there was some bugs, in my experience, it's enough if you don't ram it 1 meter away from t34. I've attempted circle strafes fairly close and the turret managed to keep up and land 1-2 shots. + KT will be accompanied with shreck volks and raketen, so t34 won't be circle strafing very long.

And also, no, it is fast enough to get out of trouble , be it atguns arc of fire or an arty strike. And don't forget spearhead or whatever it's called.

Sure if it's caught alone with its pants down it is unlikely to escape, but that goes for any tank.

So you're telling me you wouldn't be able to circle strafe this?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1_Iw9tdY8#t=40

I mean if there were Volks with chrecks and Raketenwerfers, I get that your T-34 got killed, but on its own its turret speed is waaaaaay to slow to keep up with a circle strafing T-34.
7 Sep 2014, 09:50 AM

Are you really arguing that a supported tiger is NOT better than a supported IS-2?

If so. i don't believe we are playing the same game.

Yes, I am arguing that. They are quite similiar in overall performance and impact within the context of their factions. If you find that notion really that absurd, we can team up and play 2v2 - and I will be happy to take Shock Rifle and demonstrate it.
7 Sep 2014, 09:53 AM

Permanently Banned

Yes, I am arguing that. They are quite similiar in overall performance and impact within the context of their factions. If you find that notion really that absurd, we can team up and play 2v2 - and I will be happy to take Shock Rifle and demonstrate it.

show me, im happy to be proven wrong
7 Sep 2014, 12:11 PM

I would play on the OKW Side with you, i wanna see the proof too ;)
7 Sep 2014, 12:14 PM

Got my PM?
7 Sep 2014, 12:17 PM

So you're telling me you wouldn't be able to circle strafe this?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1_Iw9tdY8#t=40

I mean if there were Volks with chrecks and Raketenwerfers, I get that your T-34 got killed, but on its own its turret speed is waaaaaay to slow to keep up with a circle strafing T-34.

this video is quite old, 26 june, hasn't there been patches changing its speed ? plus it might have been because of veterancy, and also, the kt is this video was turning in the opposite direction, therefore making the turret turning much slower.
7 Sep 2014, 12:25 PM

I would play on the OKW Side with you, i wanna see the proof too ;)

Thats not the point. This was about Tiger vs IS-2 for starters, and the plan is of course to team up, and I'll go IS-2 - unless I see a Jagdtiger that is. But hey, I take all comers. If you want to join, or 1v1 with the Tiger doc of your choice, we can do so as well.
7 Sep 2014, 15:17 PM

The only issue I see with axis in team games is that they have the most and the best AT units.

Is a pain to play against a faction that, except a couple of pure AI units, everything else can do a lot of damage to your vehicles. In teamgames that makes easier for one of the players to spam Elite AI units to cap, push and harass. And each day they got more and more infiltration elite units (Falls, Jeager, Stormtroopers...), which makes the harassing even worse for allies.
I'm tired of seeing OKW players with 3 cheaper panzerschrecks bulletins stacked because he just needs that to fight allied armor until King Tiger/Jadgtiger arrives.
That makes me remember old vCoH times when in teamgames one player spammed just paks+tanks and the other snipers + vet3 Knight Cross Holders.

Allied AT capabilities should increase. USF zooks should be better, and soviets should have anything better than Guards/Cons against vehicles which currently both are pushed out of the meta due to their terrible AI abilities against OKW elite infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight