Login

russian armor

Isu is not fine.

• This thread is locked
5 Sep 2014, 16:45 PM

VPs are not an indicator of who is winning. If the ISU152 was not there, he would not have just 1 T34/76. Just because you think you were winning at the time does not mean that you actually were. The ISU152 is not free, those resources would have gone into other stuff.

I could have won, yes he would have had more units but I would have not gone panthers if i had known he was going something else I would have gone p4s or something. But i just wanted to try something new. are you saying its fair that the ISU can wipe 3 squades in its first 3 shots? one was in a building and one was a pak?
5 Sep 2014, 16:49 PM

I cannot flank a ISU with a pz4 unless he has blitz, but if I have no vet then two pz 4 (sometimes even with help from schreck panzergrenadiers) seal the deal.

The freaking tank is the pain in the ass but unlike IS-2 it can actually be killed by a single pz4.
5 Sep 2014, 17:03 PM

I actually found that StuGs are very useful against ISUs. Get it to vet 1, and use target weak point on it (with support around of course). The immobile ISU is now a sitting duck. It's a bit hard to pull off and a supporting ZiS makes it costly, but ISU users are often a bit reckless, use it to your advantage. You're better off with StuG + P4s than with only P4s.
5 Sep 2014, 17:39 PM
Patrion 14

I know panthers aren't good and I know that p4s are okay. P4s cannot stand up to an ISU with that many at guns I know all about how shit the T4 of wehr is I just thought I would try something new and try to use the speed of the panthers to get a flank instead of front on attack with the slow tiger. but it didn't work. and panthers are garbage yes.

He had just one AT gun. 3 P4s would have easily won from the ISU. And the point is not that you should've gotten P4s to counter his ISU, you should've gotten it to give yourself an advantage before the ISU came. When the ISU came on the field he was already winning, and those kind of ISUs are very hard to kill. A desperate ISU is not.

One thing though, the mines really fucked your Panther up, but that was kind of your own fault. When you face Soviets, ALWAYS get a sweeper, and never overextend. It's just not worth it.
5 Sep 2014, 18:58 PM

You can also charge an ISU if you use a smoke mortar barrage which eliminates his range advantage
5 Sep 2014, 18:59 PM

You can also charge an ISU if you use a smoke mortar barrage which eliminates his range advantage

With a spotter you can still attack ground.
5 Sep 2014, 19:12 PM

Seriously can we all stick to one ISU thread and just leave complaints/recommended changes there, getting tired of seeing a new thread every day. :D

-I support changing the ISU btw(just in case any axis fanbois try getting in here). :D
5 Sep 2014, 19:28 PM

What is it with you two? I mean, it is a beautiful animosity, but what prompted it? Absconded with the gf? Peed in the cornflakes? Ran over the dog? Enlighten me, for I am curious.
5 Sep 2014, 19:29 PM

What is it with you two? I mean, it is a beautiful animosity, but what prompted it? Absconded with the gf? Peed in the cornflakes? Ran over the dog? Enlighten me, for I am curious.

One day I met bulgakov in 2v2, beat him in 15 minutes, he proceeded to name-call and jerkfest. Then go to my stream and whine some more. So I enjoy trolling him from time to time because it's always an amusement for me(though this time I'm serious about having all the ISU threads in one thread[#LegitimateRecommendation]) :D
5 Sep 2014, 19:38 PM
Benefactor 115

So I enjoy trolling him from time to time because it's always an amusement for me :D

Come on! Mods please!
5 Sep 2014, 19:51 PM

I think the biggest issue with ISU right now is that coordinated attack is required to take one down.
Team games multiply the problem.
5 Sep 2014, 20:13 PM

so vonivan can just come into any thread he likes derail it with shitty image macros and that is okay? I think the ISU should have its spotting ability a vet ability, or removed. it can basically spot for itself or give it an actual nerf to its basic vision forcing you to have a spotter for it.
5 Sep 2014, 20:24 PM

so vonivan can just come into any thread he likes derail it with shitty image macros and that is okay? I think the ISU should have its spotting ability a vet ability, or removed. it can basically spot for itself or give it an actual nerf to its basic vision forcing you to have a spotter for it.

Yes, when I am actually not derailing the thread and giving a legitimate reason(like in this one) to morph several threads into one thread so we don't see 4 ISU complaint threads in one site-wide thread index considering every one voices the exact same concerns. :D Also the people responding to the post are the ones derailing the thread, not me. I am simply recommending a single thread for everything. :D
5 Sep 2014, 20:40 PM

1 Shreck volks and joke raketen can't do jack vs well microed multiple medium tanks of t-85/m4c class or even plain old t-34 spam kiting...

So, you suggest that two squads (one of them is tier 0) with total worth of 505 MP and 90 MU should be able to consistently handle "well microed multiple medium tanks" with, say, 1000MP and 350FU worth?
Are you really THAT bad that you complain about it?

On the topic:
Not exactly about ISU, but about any unit/ability capable of one-shotting infantry squads - I think one-shots are just not fun.

Especially when vehicle one shotting AT squad.

Also - bad pathing T_T
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS