Login

russian armor

Isu is not fine.

• This thread is locked
5 Sep 2014, 15:21 PM

just lost another game to the ISU after winning or at least being on par with my opponent all game out comes the ISU wipes 3 squads with its first 3 shots and goes on to win the game as I surrender out. seriously either remove ALL heavy call in tanks or just fix this thing. how is this fun? how does this make for an enjoyable game experience? I was having lots of fun until the ISU came out. it was a good even matchup but I was just edging him out, I even tried to go panthers for fast flanking of the ISU because I knew it was coming. but the old mine everything and at guns everywhere screwed that up.

replay below.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/23642/isu-is-a-balanced-and-enjoyable-unit.
5 Sep 2014, 15:28 PM

Just flame him brutally whenever u see this unit used,flame all isu users.
5 Sep 2014, 15:35 PM

just lost another game to the King Tiger after winning or at least being on par with my opponent all game out comes the King Tiger kills everything without taking any damage and goes on to win the game as I surrender out. seriously either remove ALL heavy tanks or just fix this thing. how is this fun? how does this make for an enjoyable game experience? I was having lots of fun until the King Tiger came out. it was a good even matchup but I was just edging him out, I even tried to go T-34s for fast flanking of the King Tiger because I knew it was coming. but the old mine everything and at guns everywhere screwed that up.
5 Sep 2014, 15:41 PM

Arclyte, how about trying to make a coherent point every now and then? The Kingtiger has effectively double the pricetag of the ISU and operates very differently. Trying to equate the two will not convince anybody who actually plays this game and comes up against the ISU.

5 Sep 2014, 15:42 PM

just lost another game to the King Tiger after winning or at least being on par with my opponent all game out comes the King Tiger kills everything without taking any damage and goes on to win the game as I surrender out. seriously either remove ALL heavy tanks or just fix this thing. how is this fun? how does this make for an enjoyable game experience? I was having lots of fun until the King Tiger came out. it was a good even matchup but I was just edging him out, I even tried to go T-34s for fast flanking of the King Tiger because I knew it was coming. but the old mine everything and at guns everywhere screwed that up.

you mean rak? that are the worst AT gun and if you actually blitz one it might get one shot off on you if it dosen't take the entire time to aim? or hit a shrub? or how about how the KT dosen't have godlike range and vision and has to lumber around the battle field? maybe kite it? the ISU can park in the middle of most small 1V1 maps and hit either side rather easily. the KT cannot. nice try.
5 Sep 2014, 15:45 PM

U can get 4 mediums before he gets king tiger..also what were u doing whole game when he had no armor as he teched and saved for KT?
5 Sep 2014, 15:47 PM

just lost another game to the ISU after winning or at least being on par with my opponent all game [...]

replay below.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/23642/isu-is-a-balanced-and-enjoyable-unit.

You were not winning before the ISU152 came out. You were not even on par when the ISU 152 came out.

You can't say that you were winning when it came out, when your enemy has an ISU152, a M5, a T34 vs 0 armor on your side.
5 Sep 2014, 15:49 PM

You were not winning before the ISU152 came out. You were not even on par when the ISU 152 came out.

You can't say that you were winning when it came out, when your enemy has an ISU152, a M5, a T34 vs 0 armor on your side.

Uhh look at the vps? since when do the soviets need be late game oriented? i thought the germans are supposed to play defensive up until we can get the late game armour out and then become aggressive? If the ISU wasn't in the game and he went anything else i can promise you I would have won.
5 Sep 2014, 15:53 PM

Just flame him brutally whenever u see this unit used,flame all isu users.

sounds fun to use a ISU-152 against you.
5 Sep 2014, 15:53 PM

VPs are not an indicator of who is winning. If the ISU152 was not there, he would not have just 1 T34/76. Just because you think you were winning at the time does not mean that you actually were. The ISU152 is not free, those resources would have gone into other stuff.
5 Sep 2014, 15:54 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Uhh look at the vps? since when do the soviets need be late game oriented? i thought the germans are supposed to play defensive up until we can get the late game armour out and then become aggressive? If the ISU wasn't in the game and he went anything else i can promise you I would have won.

If he had gone Is2 doctrine he could have had one of those soon, you would still win versus that though, right?
5 Sep 2014, 15:55 PM
Patrion 14

Soviets are all about the late game call ins in the current meta. Wehrmacht is strong in the late game vs Americans, but not per se against Soviets.
5 Sep 2014, 16:04 PM

U can get 4 mediums before he gets king tiger..also what were u doing whole game when he had no armor as he teched and saved for KT?

You make it sound as if th OKW get no other anti-armor. The alpha damage of three Shrek volks van bring a T34/76 down to a hair of death.
5 Sep 2014, 16:11 PM

OKW can deal really well against armor, volks are really efficent as support against medium armor, and the Puma can handle a t-34 well.
5 Sep 2014, 16:12 PM
Patrion 14

Okay I just checked the replay. You didn't lose because of the ISU-152. You lost the moment you decided to go for tier 4. By the time you got your Panther you could've had 3 Panzer IVs, which would've helped you to to destroy that T34 and those pesky Maxims, and could then have easily gang banged the ISU-152.

Pro-tip: Get P4s. They're awesome. Panthers are not.

Added bonus: P4s into Tiger is actually a viable thing. Panthers into Tiger just won't happen, that's too much fuel. Since you only picked doctrines with Tigers, that may be valuable to you.
5 Sep 2014, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2014, 16:04 PMNapalm

You make it sound as if th OKW get no other anti-armor. The alpha damage of three Shrek volks van bring a T34/76 down to a hair of death.

1 Shreck volks and joke raketen can't do jack vs well microed multiple medium tanks of t-85/m4c class or even plain old t-34 spam kiting...and what was his shock infantry doing?if he was blobbing volks?An OKW player survives straight to KT and u didn't exploit that is just bad play.
5 Sep 2014, 16:21 PM

Okay I just checked the replay. You didn't lose because of the ISU-152. You lost the moment you decided to go for tier 4. By the time you got your Panther you could've had 3 Panzer IVs, which would've helped you to to destroy that T34 and those pesky Maxims, and could then have easily gang banged the ISU-152.

Added bonus: P4s into Tiger is actually a viable thing. Panthers into Tiger just won't happen, that's too much fuel. Since you only picked doctrines with Tigers, that may be valuable to you.

On the game,spot on.
5 Sep 2014, 16:23 PM

sounds fun to use a ISU-152 against you.

It is,but sadly most soviet players get really upset for some reason when i flame them hard.They can't digest the fact that they deserved zero credit for the game.
5 Sep 2014, 16:34 PM

Although is not the case in this game, it's true that ISU wins games single-handedly.

But the same applies for most of the heavy tanks. Yes, axis tanks doesn't rape infantry as ISU does, but allied infantry cannot fight tanks neither. And ostwind or a couple of obers walking along your Tiger Ace or JagdTiger and you achieve the same effect than ISU.

What I'm saying is that the current meta revolves around throwing at your enemy your super heavy tank before he does the same, making non-doctrinal tanks most of the time a waste of mp and fuel.

I wonder if your enemy could have won if instead of the ISU he would have made just 4 or 5 T34/76s supported by infantry and the M5. Probably he'd have been destroyed the very moment your Tiger hit the field.
5 Sep 2014, 16:42 PM

I know panthers aren't good and I know that p4s are okay. P4s cannot stand up to an ISU with that many at guns I know all about how shit the T4 of wehr is I just thought I would try something new and try to use the speed of the panthers to get a flank instead of front on attack with the slow tiger. but it didn't work. and panthers are garbage yes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★