Login

russian armor

CoH2 is awesome all you supposedly pro players

2 May 2013, 12:31 PM

They made vCOH great, and i'm sure they'll make COH2 great as well. Remember, vCoh didn't start the way it is now - remeber the Shermans smoke/plasma shield?? BUt over time, they listened and fixed it up.

The team who made vcoh with USA and Wehr isn´t there anymore. Coh2 is made by Devs, who were responsible for Opposing fronts and Tales of Valor and lack of player support. I do not wonder why relic doesn´t listen to people now. It has a history of doing so.

Here is the original team now:

http://www.smokingguninc.com/about/

You guys get it wrong, when saying most players complains about coh2 is because they want it to look like vcoh. The way relic is currently planning coh2 is not working as a game (poor visibility, bulletins changing balance as just two examples). Most of the comparisons to vcoh are there, because vcoh succeeded in what they were designing.
Blizzard and cold tech can be cool, but are just badly designed.

I'm just relieved that the tyranny of snipers is finally at an end.

I always wondered why relic didnt implement a penalty for sniper spam. They did it already for Pio blobs.
Changing the way how snipers work isnt the right way imo. Better would have been penalties for sniper blobbing, because thats the initial problem. Maybe a delay for recloak, if used close to each other.
2 May 2013, 13:45 PM
Benefactor 115

The team who made vcoh with USA and Wehr isn´t there anymore. Coh2 is made by Devs, who were responsible for Opposing fronts and Tales of Valor and lack of player support. I do not wonder why relic doesn´t listen to people now. It has a history of doing so.

Here is the original team now:

http://www.smokingguninc.com/about/

So you think three people out of a team of a hundred people or so who worked on the original CoH can be given sole credit to how the game turned out.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/company-of-heroes/credits

Since 2007 what have they put out? Kinect games and mobile games. I remember a few people on GR saying a few years back when the news broke they were super interested in what they were going to do. I hope they supported them and bought a 360 with a kinect.

2 May 2013, 14:31 PM

So you think three people out of a team of a hundred people or so who worked on the original CoH can be given sole credit to how the game turned out.

Producer/Creative Director, Technical Director, Art Director. These are the key positions who are decision makers, the rest are executors or Junior directors; ofc 3 people makes difference if they know what they are doing. Even 1 guy is enough for a brilliant idea/ideas most of the times.

Since 2007 what have they put out? Kinect games and mobile games. I remember a few people on GR saying a few years back when the news broke they were super interested in what they were going to do. I hope they supported them and bought a 360 with a kinect.

Well, it means they were clever enough to see the future of gaming platforms and became entrepreneurs, made their own studio and made good money from mobile games. Talent, skill and courage is always paid off.

Did they have a big & key part in making VCoh to become a classic and state of art game?
Yes.

Are they successful and operating in the -prolly- most profitable business model atm?
Yes.

Bitch please.

2 May 2013, 14:35 PM
Senior Caster Badge

We've been through the whole "how many different people" thing before - the main thing I remember is that the person in charge of UI design didn't work on the original Company of Heroes and this game is really suffering for that.
5 May 2013, 07:52 AM

5 May 2013, 16:51 PM

I stop pretending that Coh2 isn't totally awesome now.
5 May 2013, 20:59 PM

I feel bad for the people who can't enjoy it.
5 May 2013, 21:17 PM

I feel bad for the people who can't enjoy it.

And that is a lot of people which means less money for Relic. For example me, I haven't preorderd which I certainly wont after playing the beta.
6 May 2013, 04:59 AM

And that is a lot of people which means less money for Relic. For example me, I haven't preorderd which I certainly wont after playing the beta.

This may or may not be true but the ~20 vocal people here and on the beta forums are not proof of "a lot" of people.
6 May 2013, 10:00 AM

I bought COH not because how many people told that it's an awesome game but it was really awesome and unique. It didn't need such PR at all. On the other hand COH2 needs a lot of PR as it seems because it's not that awesome and numerous attempts by some of you to silence people with fake patina is not helping the game.

The quickest way to kill a bad product is great advertising.
6 May 2013, 10:29 AM

This may or may not be true but the ~20 vocal people here and on the beta forums are not proof of "a lot" of people.

lol - majority! Look at % not the post count lol
6 May 2013, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2013, 10:00 AMRiggs
I bought COH not because how many people told that it's an awesome game but it was really awesome and unique.

No. You didnt know this until you bought and played it, so this cannot be the reason.

It didn't need such PR at all. On the other hand COH2 needs a lot of PR as it seems because it's not that awesome and numerous attempts by some of you to silence people with fake patina is not helping the game.

No. The amount of advertisement and PR is not necassarily related to the quality of a product. CoH2 needs advertisement regardless.

The quickest way to kill a bad product is great advertising.

No. Enough examples, for instance: the very own keyboard you typed this post with.
6 May 2013, 12:27 PM

COH2 is really good. I can't play COH1 after playing beta and I miss "Company of Heroes 2 - Beta Stress Test" button in Steam now.

People don't know what they want themselves - that's the problem of this attitude.
6 May 2013, 12:32 PM

Since when 3 x No is an argument? Do you read what you write seriously? lol.

If you mean playing is the only reason to love a game or not - which is true; then I played both the Alpha and Beta. So what reason do I need more? Waiting release and patches then comm support then patches again? The core design has flaws which were explained in various posts. For god sake make some sense instead of writing elementary school level arguments.

I refer to the blind praising by meaning COH2 PR management done by a bunch of people here.

If you wanna make sense by your statements, don't start your lines with "No" cause it looks awful.

6 May 2013, 12:50 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2013, 12:32 PMRiggs

If you mean playing is the only reason to love a game or not - which is true; then I played both the Alpha and Beta. So what reason do I need more? Waiting release and patches then comm support then patches again? The core design has flaws which were explained in various posts. For god sake make some sense instead of writing elementary school level arguments.

I refer to the blind praising by meaning COH2 PR management done by a bunch of people here.

If you wanna make sense by your statements, don't start your lines with "No" cause it looks awful.

is this really necessary? now you are just insulting someone who doesn't agree with you, this isn't a debate or discussion any more...
6 May 2013, 13:53 PM

No. I did follow onto my No's with a short argumentation. The reason I stated no three times is because I tried to be as clear as possible, especially to someone that ends his posts with "bitch please". In all fairness, THAT really looks awful.

No. You referrred to your purchase of CoH1, unless you played the CoH1 beta as well, which you did not state, it still holds that you already spend your money buying CoH1 to find out you liked it, as you did not value the opinions of others on the subject, therefore your feelings towards CoH1 cannot explain your motivation to end up buying it.

No. There is no blind PR done by anyone in this topic, as nobody is employed at relic, thus leaving purely personal insentives to ventilate (negative) opinions on CoH2.

Sorry, 3 x No once again, couldn't resist.
6 May 2013, 13:57 PM

No. You didnt know this until you bought and played it, so this cannot be the reason.

No. Maybe he played the demo or beta tested it. Then he bought it. Like I did.

Here's an extra number of people that worked on both Homeworld and CoH
. A game is the result of a lot of team effort, but there are key players: Producers, creative director/designer, technical directors and lead programmer . Those four positions, to me, trump every other. There's many other important ones, but those four, to me, help ship a successful title all around.

6 May 2013, 14:28 PM

Yes, very sharp Combatmuffin, thats exactly why I said:

unless you played the CoH1 beta as well, which you did not state
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment