Login

russian armor

WC51 Military Truck w. .50 cal HMG ...beeing a pain!

30 Aug 2014, 23:08 PM

Im have been getting destroyed by US going with the Mechanized Doctrine and opening with the WC51 Military Truck w. .50 cal HMG ,....its freakin stupid...

With a Rifleman squad inside it can easily chase down and finish a full health Volks or Sturm squad....

Wtf is this shit??? anybody else getting hit by this...anybody has any solutions?
31 Aug 2014, 17:19 PM

A fast rakentenwerfer, as a 3rd or 4th unit, usually do fine for me against jeep or m3a1. People don't like to build them early, but it's much faster than waiting for 90 mun panzershrek or a fast puma. The ennemy usually don't expect the raketen early game, use that to your advantage.
You can always get a second sturmpio if you feel overwhelmed by infantry. Or a kubel once the WC51 is dead.
31 Aug 2014, 17:46 PM

To add to what axel410 said, since most US players are very aggressive with their WC51s, well-placed S-mines can be very effective (will usually 1-hit them).

Another potential solution is a fast Flak HT: cheaper than a Puma, but will still kill WC51s very easily when setup.

Also, Volksgrenadier hand grenades actually do a lot of damage to them, as well as to the unit inside. If the US player drives his truck right up to your units and keeps it stationary, they usually won't expect a grenade to wreck it.

More generally, remember that that the US player is spending 20 Fuel on each truck. It's strong for that reason, but is also a significant investment that will delay his tech. You can use this to your advantage.
31 Aug 2014, 20:34 PM

just keep your volks near each other,dont go away solo in begining
31 Aug 2014, 21:31 PM

Use building for cover and get a flank with sturn pios as their small arms fire does good damage. As I see it the mech doctrine is only good in some situations and on open mapswith minimal buildings on it.
1 Sep 2014, 01:33 AM

WC51 sucks compared to Soviet's M3 halftrack. It needs a health buff IMO
1 Sep 2014, 15:50 PM

Thx guys...Ive had better success ...using a combination of what you suggested.

Mainly If I see this ill keep my sturm squad protected by keeping close to another Volks, and ill make sure I keep the munis point secure so I can get Shreck asap. Does the work.

I rather not get the Raketen so early, specially vs US, because of early game engagements.
1 Sep 2014, 16:05 PM

WC51 sucks compared to Soviet's M3 halftrack. It needs a health buff IMO

err....no. It doesn't.

The M3 doesn't come packed with a rifleman squad. Thats the problem. The only way to fight off Rifleman early game is to stay at longer ranges with Volks. This damn truck negates that, plus it comes much earlier. Its fine the way it is.
9 Sep 2014, 17:44 PM

aaaand they nerfed the Truck...I knew it was OP so early in game..

From patch notes :

Dodge WC51
Our intent was to delay the dispatch of this unit in an effort to provide the opposing player more time to prepare for light armor.
Command point cost from 0 to 1
9 Sep 2014, 19:37 PM
Donator 22

FINALLY fixed
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak