Login

russian armor

When do you use attack-move?

28 Aug 2014, 06:51 AM

I always use A-move when I send a scout capping while I'm busy somewhere else. Long, mid, short range unit, it doesn't matter, if you're taken your pant off in red cover, better stay at max range to retreat faster or seek for a cover.
28 Aug 2014, 07:04 AM

Attack move is useless for me and helps my opponent more than myself. I used it in CoH1 for long range units like the sniper, but in CoH2 it does anything but that.

Firstly, reason being the effects of fog of war with truesight. To often does my sniper momentarily lose vision because of a single tree and it walks straight into my opponent. The main maps this occurs on is Minsk and Crossing.

Secondly, I don't find the unit will always attack from its maximum range anyway but will choose to shoot a little bit closer when attack move is utilized.

I just rather have full control of my units. Attack move prohibits that. It works consistantly well on some maps, but I do not want to change all my mental play style for a couple of maps (Minsk/Crossing) where it is not 100% reliable. You end up babysitting your units more if you use attack move than if you don't on these maps.

I only use it blow up weapons/wrecks in CoH2.
28 Aug 2014, 07:23 AM
Benefactor 115

it is true that a lot of time you still have to babysit your sniper even when using attack move, for example after it has killed the guy that is shooting an mg it will close in to the rest of the squad an get suppressed when the next model crews it. in these situations and anywhere you could lose LOS due to small objects I prefer to attack move sideways (still stays at max range and changes point of view).

It is also useful on anti inf tanks since it will make them stop and not suffer the moving scatter penalty
28 Aug 2014, 08:02 AM

Firstly, reason being the effects of fog of war with truesight. To often does my sniper momentarily lose vision because of a single tree and it works straight into my opponent. The main maps this occurs on is Minsk and Crossing.

Secondly, I don't find the unit will always attack from its maximum range anyway but will choose to shoot a little bit closer when attack move is utilized.

So true.
28 Aug 2014, 10:38 AM

I never really use it, but was wondering if it's something I should be using.

The only time I do use it is on a minesweeper moving into an area i suspect has mines; as they will auto clear them then
28 Aug 2014, 11:06 AM

I'm only using it when walking into "fog of war" but even then I'd shift queue my units in the cover.
28 Aug 2014, 12:15 PM

I don't use it often, but sometimes if I can't watch over a unit because others I need to micro in a fight I will a-move squad to capping point or wherever to help a bit. Sometimes I use it for MGs too so they don't run straight into the enemy if I am not watching.
28 Aug 2014, 15:34 PM

I don't use it ... so I tried it with a maxim last night. I won't use it again. a pio squad tripped it on it's left flank out of the fog of war. so it turned to deploy and set up at max range. The pio squad advanced ... and advanced straight on into it's face and the maxim still didn't fire so I was forced to retreat it. Nope .. won't use it again.
28 Aug 2014, 16:24 PM

I don't use it ... so I tried it with a maxim last night. I won't use it again. a pio squad tripped it on it's left flank out of the fog of war. so it turned to deploy and set up at max range. The pio squad advanced ... and advanced straight on into it's face and the maxim still didn't fire so I was forced to retreat it. Nope .. won't use it again.

Please, print that experience in cards and give them to everyone who thinks that maxim requires only A-move to be effective.

And back to the topic, I only use A-move with long-range units and only in open terrain to avoid True Sight interferences like the ones StephennJF said.
Snipers, Tank Destroyers, AT guns, etc, are units that can be used like that. Althought I always try to avoid A-move if I can.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★