Login

russian armor

Ettlebruck Station suggestion/disccusion

26 Aug 2014, 06:11 AM

This is the overview of the map:

The left and center VP areas i think are pretty well done. Both teams have more or less an even chance to control them. But the one on the right favors the lower team. Simply because the lower team is plane closer to it. A lot of maps feature VPs that are easier for one team to get to than the other, thats not really a big deal normally.

The big issue is that once you control up to the VP, it is not hard at all to then take that last resource point and control the WHOLE right edge. And since the lower team is closer, they can send in units at a much faster rate than the upper team and just so easily win any fights there.

Also the only way to get in to that part of the map and fight back are through some narrow streets. After having the whole side of the map dominated, its just so easy to take over the rest of the map as you can easily flank behind any units anywhere really..

Does anyone else feel like the base locations need to be adjusted a little so that the upper team can get in to the VP area about the same time? The upper team needs to have a chance to actually prevent the inevtiable wraparound that always happens there..
26 Aug 2014, 09:27 AM

The lower team is also favored because on the right VP (which is a very special place as it is on a hill with walls surround it, so you get no vision to it unless you are on the hill, where you may be ambushed by close combat squads) there are two entrances to get on the hill from the lower side whereas there is only one way for the upper side. You can from some spots even shoot with a machine gun onto the hill from the lower side, whereas this seems not possible from the upper side.
26 Aug 2014, 09:29 AM

This map is very cramped and poor,massive arty-mortar duels ,mg spam and shock/us/okw blobbing.No space for armor.Overall its irredeemable and has to go unfortunately.
26 Aug 2014, 09:33 AM

It could be ok 1v1 map.

Its horrible 2v2 map by the design.

Apparently someone thought Minsk Pocket with lots of buildings will be fun.
26 Aug 2014, 09:41 AM

IMO Ettelbrück is the Stalingrad of 2 vs 2 and above.
Favors the right players and the allies very much.
26 Aug 2014, 11:15 AM

I like to call it Shittelbruck Station :) The Railyard and mid fights can be fun in 2v2's as it opens up the flanking routes but in 3's and 4's this map is just a giant clusterfuck.
26 Aug 2014, 11:49 AM
Senior Editor Badge

horrible map.

always VETO, always :P
26 Aug 2014, 12:04 PM

The entire eastern section of the map is extremely cramped. If the map border in the east was extended to include the road surrounding the eastern VP there would be a lot more room to maneuver vehicles and position infantry around that point.
26 Aug 2014, 12:07 PM

I like the map, but i feel that people play it wrong
26 Aug 2014, 14:08 PM
Patrion 14

usually how it goes:

okw outplays allies from the beginning by superbly using the first sturmpio -> allies fails to retaliate (regain the initiative) in like a minute -> okw blob grows, sturm officer ftw -> big blob of okw sturm-deathsquads burns everything it touches.

allies outplay okw in the beginning and reduce the impact the first sturmpio has on the field -> the match goes back and forth -> shocks come and axis players are like "omg here it comes" -> more shocks come -> big blob of shock, the fucking hammer of the soviet union, vaporizes axis unit around every corner.
26 Aug 2014, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 14:08 PMpigsoup
usually how it goes:

okw outplays allies from the beginning by superbly using the first sturmpio -> allies fails to retaliate (regain the initiative) in like a minute -> okw blob grows, sturm officer ftw -> big blob of okw sturm-deathsquads burns everything it touches.

allies outplay okw in the beginning and reduce the impact the first sturmpio has on the field -> the match goes back and forth -> shocks come and axis players are like "omg here it comes" -> more shocks come -> big blob of shock, the fucking hammer of the soviet union, vaporizes axis unit around every corner.

yes I agree that the victories can be nearly one-sided. I think it is easy to camp down the right side of the map, especially if you are on the bottom. This map is fun, but it is a cluster bomb in a 4v4
26 Aug 2014, 19:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 12:04 PMCabreza
The entire eastern section of the map is extremely cramped. If the map border in the east was extended to include the road surrounding the eastern VP there would be a lot more room to maneuver vehicles and position infantry around that point.

i never really even thought about that, thats also a good way to solve the issue around the east edge of the map. i was mainly suggesting to move the upper bases closer and/or lower bases further as itd probably require the least amount of work and perhaps would have a higher chance of being implemented.

If the out of bounds area were expanded it would indeed atleast be possible to get in there and fight back, rather than just tunnel in through the same 2 narrow streets and get pinned, mined, and killed.
26 Aug 2014, 19:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 09:33 AMKatitof
It could be ok 1v1 map.

Its horrible 2v2 map by the design.

Apparently someone thought Minsk Pocket with lots of buildings will be fun.

i could of like the setting, not all maps have to be open fields for easy tank spam. Theres just that ONE section on the eastern side that so easily favors the lower team
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 59
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment