Login

russian armor

OKW truck pushing

PAGES (7)down
26 Aug 2014, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 10:24 AMKatitof
Probably the biggest offender here is that truck can be heavily damaged, but building will be 100% healthy.

Maybe it would discourage truck push raids(or at lease make okw player think twice) if the building inherited same % of lost life that truck had when conversion begun and retained it until repaired properly.

And there, no longer 100% risk free raids.

Same logic, does half dead Pios build half dead buildings?
26 Aug 2014, 11:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 10:47 AMPorygon

Same logic, does half dead Pios build half dead buildings?

Do you build the buildings out of the pios?

Or I just missed truck using shovel animation somewhere?

Unless you have confused CoH2 trucks with these trucks:

Let me write this stupid proof comparison for you:

Look at SC2, look at SCV and a drone.

Do you see a slight difference between the building mechanics?

Pios are SCVs, sws trucks are drones.
SCVs build buildings, drones are buildings.
Half dead SCV will get you healthy building, half dead drone will get you half dead building.
26 Aug 2014, 11:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 11:02 AMKatitof

Do you build the buildings out of the pios?

Or I just missed truck using shovel animation somewhere?

Unless you have confused CoH2 trucks with these trucks:

Let me write this stupid proof comparison for you:

Look at SC2, look at SCV and a drone.

Do you see a slight difference between the building mechanics?

Pios are SCVs, sws trucks are drones.
SCVs build buildings, drones are buildings.
Half dead SCV will get you healthy building, half dead drone will get you half dead building.

Play the fucking game Katitoff before you shittalk, AGAIN.
I have played SC2 for 4 years between vCOH and COH2, reached Master/Diamonds in US, EU, Korean server.

At least, do some research first? hur?
26 Aug 2014, 11:23 AM
Donator 11

Plus half of the Pio squad will be building with half speed, so damaged pio squad (in models term) will be less effective, is SWS less effective in building tier in any way? Even if have 1% HP it will still build a full HP building in the same time. Some change needs to be done.

PS Porygon sorry but i dont belive your Master in SC2. :( With your shitty micro? :D No way.
26 Aug 2014, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 11:23 AMWalther
Plus half of the Pio squad will be building with half speed, so damaged pio squad (in models term) will be less effective, is SWS less effective in building tier in any way? Even if have 1% HP it will still build a full HP building in the same time. Some change needs to be done.

PS Porygon sorry but i dont belive your Master in SC2. :( With your shitty micro? :D No way.

SC2 needs no micro until Grandmaster, all you need is find a pro BO, practice it build order to perfect timing, A move at the right timing, and it's done, you don't even need to watch your blob fight, you better use your time building more units, injecting more Larva, instead of dancing your units, it is not worth unless you have ultimate Korean micro. In SC2 you play like a machine copy&pasting every game instead a real-time reacting game.

Or even you can cheese cannon to Master, 100% doable. :P

One of the biggest reason why it was declined.
26 Aug 2014, 12:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Nobody seems to have mentioned Complexity's trick, by using the truck as an early bulldozer on vital buildings. Is this an exploit?
26 Aug 2014, 12:43 PM

Nobody seems to have mentioned Complexity's trick, by using the truck as an early bulldozer on vital buildings. Is this an exploit?

That's nothing done with lexy, I do it every time since Alpha :P

It exists since vCOH, you can do that even with 222.
26 Aug 2014, 12:45 PM

To quote another game's balance team, i would say it is "clever use of in game mechanics". I don't think it is breaking balance that much. Sure you can crush a few green covers leading to the points you intend to secure, but it could backfire greatly if you lose that spot and end on the trying to recover side of the problem. If anyone has a different opinion on the matter, i'd be interested to hear ;)
26 Aug 2014, 12:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2014, 12:45 PMSlaYoU

To quote another game's balance team, i would say it is "clever use of in game mechanics". I don't think it is breaking balance that much. Sure you can crush a few green covers leading to the points you intend to secure, but it could backfire greatly if you lose that spot and end on the trying to recover side of the problem. If anyone has a different opinion on the matter, i'd be interested to hear ;)

It isn't just green cover. The truck can also be used to knock down buildings. The houses near each cutoff on Kholodny are a prime example of this. The truck can be used to take down your cutoff house so it becomes much harder to assault.
26 Aug 2014, 12:51 PM

Truck pushing isn't quite as silly as bike/jeep/ketten pushing was in COH1 but it definitely needs toning down in one way or another.

Maybe if the Kubelwagen didn't auto turn to scope out the babes on the beach every 3 seconds you wouldn't need a truck to push squads into your Sturmpioneers :mcsteve:
26 Aug 2014, 13:30 PM
Donator 11

Truck pushing isn't quite as silly as bike/jeep/ketten pushing was in COH1 but it definitely needs toning down in one way or another.

Maybe if the Kubelwagen didn't auto turn to scope out the babes on the beach every 3 seconds you wouldn't need a truck to push squads into your Sturmpioneers :mcsteve:

Yeah, every time the Kübel is driving a circle for no apparent reason, I imagine if you zoom in to the drivers head, you'll see him doing a trollface, while he slooooooowwly turns the car around...

And, yes, truck pushing does not fit well into the game and should be patched away soon.
26 Aug 2014, 13:32 PM

Reducing health would be the best decision IMO.

1. It makes it more realistic.
2. It makes people stop using their trucks as a machine made for shoving troops aside.
3. It forces the OKW player to leave some men to watch the truck when it's setting up. (More realistic)
4. It won't be so good as a scout anymore.(Never heard of people using huge trucks for reconnaissance IRL)

Overall it would fix balance issues and make the game more appealing to the realism crowd.
26 Aug 2014, 13:43 PM

Who agrees that this is an exploit? Thus should be removed from the game.

Its a FREE unit that can push units. couple this with Kubel and sturms. Its devastating to allied early game. I don't think lowering health would help.

I personally would love to see a massive speed decrease. Or disable its pushing ability....

Exploit, yes!
26 Aug 2014, 13:59 PM
Patrion 14

i don't know about buildings but in maps like moscow outskirts, on eastern side, okw gets a really nice bonus being able to crush those little wooden fences that wehr weapons teams cannot vault.
26 Aug 2014, 14:11 PM

I think all thats really needed is to move the deployment time of the 1st truck from the start of the game to 10-30 seconds in, that way the truck will come after the initial sturmpio moves to cap.
26 Aug 2014, 15:38 PM
Donator 11

I think all thats really needed is to move the deployment time of the 1st truck from the start of the game to 10-30 seconds in, that way the truck will come after the initial sturmpio moves to cap.

Agree. Since that way the rest of the game is not further influenced (truck health, speed, etc.).

Easiest way to fix it.
26 Aug 2014, 16:28 PM

Yes it's an exploit, because there aren't any consequences to using it. While pushing with other early vehicles causes damage that has to be repaired, trucks just push around and then turn into a building with no damage.

As others pointed out if the damage is carried over to the building in the same percentage, there would be a consequence to pushing.
26 Aug 2014, 16:31 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Truck pushing is absolutely fine. The OKW player is taking a pretty big risk using it as a frontline unit. An M3 or that US jeep thing can kill it pretty quickly.
26 Aug 2014, 16:31 PM

but what if they kill the truck. is that a risk in itself?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS