Login

russian armor

Elite OKW infantry able to spawn behind enemy lines

25 Aug 2014, 00:30 AM

Much like SlaYoU, I'm disgusted by this thread. I'm not going to call the measures mentioned here exploits, but they are lame.

I guess the game's still not easy enough for the Allies.
25 Aug 2014, 00:41 AM

The only reason to get rid of Falls and JLI is if they get rid of Snipers. Soviet snipers are so ridiculous against OKW and building spawning infantry are one of the few answers OKW has to them.
25 Aug 2014, 02:08 AM

Even if seeing my enemy spawning units behind my defensive line makes me rage, I still consider that trapping them using wire is a cheap tactic.

Maybe the building-spawn system should be reworked in some way to add some kind of predictable limitations, like only being able to spawn in buildings on sectors adjacent to the ones owned or such.

In the worst case, let them just spawn like USF paratroopers.

It's just that I don't like that ability but I don't like neither the cheap counter of using wire to trap units.
25 Aug 2014, 05:31 AM

I love this ability! its fun to create chaos and confusion by capping a point in the rear lines. It's good also for splittings ones forces for them to have to react to it and once they do you engage with the rest of your force.

But paratroopers can do the same I had a US player dropping them into my base in a spot that wasn't covered by base defenses!
25 Aug 2014, 05:54 AM

Ability is fine. It's annoying but so are many abilities, you just got to deal with it. Luftwaffe troops are pretty weak, focus fire and they will die. They will drain mp and be a bad hit to axis players if they lose them. At least you know he spent 460 mp.
25 Aug 2014, 07:44 AM

Buff Partisants to a point of usefulness, even increase cost i don't care just make them more fitting and i am fine.
25 Aug 2014, 08:19 AM

What's wrong with this ability? Build some tanks (you can build plenty of them, unlike OKW). You will be able to walk around the map more easily and be thre where it's needed (unlike a faction for which building a vehicle feels like Christmars).
OKW needs to have its advantages - if they can be called so.
25 Aug 2014, 08:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 07:44 AMJorad
Buff Partisants to a point of usefulness, even increase cost i don't care just make them more fitting and i am fine.

I'd like that instead of nerfing JLI and falls.

After spawning ppsh partisans on MG42 and not being able to kill a single model before he either retreats or gets help make me *sigh* irl.

I admire Lenny for playing with them and actually succeeding.

The thing is, partisans don't have one third of the impact that JLI or falls bring. Yes, there is a cost difference, but still 2-3 partisans perform worse then a single JLI/falls and cost of partisans in this case is greater and impact value grows slowly as you need to spawn a few of them.

There is indeed too big of a reward for JLI/falls compared to partisans and one needs a fix.
25 Aug 2014, 08:30 AM

There is a big difference between whining and discussing a certain thing.
Its not about okw vs allies, its about the openinspost.
Bear that in mind when replying and quoting.
25 Aug 2014, 08:53 AM

If you are going to try and wire of a door, make sure you leave room in between the door and the wire, or else the units will just teleport through it. Use 3 wires to form a U shape around each door.

Nice one :D GG.
25 Aug 2014, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 08:30 AMKatitof

There is indeed too big of a reward for JLI/falls compared to partisans and one needs a fix.

tank hunter partisans can have a huge pay off when used properly. get the enemy tanks to low health with your tanks/AT guns. it reverses away to repair safely. tank hunters ambush it behind enemy lines. theyre obviously better at this role than JLI/falls and can make walking stuka/panzerwerfer a nightmare to use.
25 Aug 2014, 17:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 16:05 PMwooof

tank hunter partisans can have a huge pay off when used properly. get the enemy tanks to low health with your tanks/AT guns. it reverses away to repair safely. tank hunters ambush it behind enemy lines. theyre obviously better at this role than JLI/falls and can make walking stuka/panzerwerfer a nightmare to use.

That's good only in theory. Yeah, did that some times. Even got the tiger ambushed just yesterday.

But here is the main thing: while OKW has strong core infantry, that can work really well with Falls or JLI, once you take Partisan commander, you are left with Conscripts without PPSH. Thus you have HUGE bleeding in MP, that makes you struggle, as your units die doing nothing. And unlike Falls or JLI, Partisan damage output is really horrible.
So it happens with AT partisans - either you struggle to get MP to get them out as you have spent MP to reinforce your units or to get out the unit.
Or even worse. You get PTRS instead of shreck so your damage is too small.
Or you get butchered by MG when you move in to throw AT grenade.
Or infantry quickly deals with your unit in no time.

Many things.

Currently I am using Partisans at 4vs4 battles (I am quite a rare player, so playing for fun occaionally).
Once the timer hits the certain mark, it becomes an uphill battle as you struggle against upgraded vetted infantry and superior armor, that you can't handle with T-34.

So why even bother with the doctrine? To get AT unit with Shreck with some chance to pop from behind? Nah, better have more reliable IS-2 to the frontline.
25 Aug 2014, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 16:05 PMwooof

Thats why I wasn't talking about AT ones, they are in good spot, but AI ones are complete and utter shit.

They literally can't even fight osttruppen, not to mention grens or god forbit OKW infantry that isn't volks.
25 Aug 2014, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Aug 2014, 17:33 PMKatitof

They literally can't even fight osttruppen, not to mention grens or god forbit OKW infantry that isn't volks.

Osttruppen? Nah. Just mundane pioneers.
25 Aug 2014, 18:25 PM

Yep light infantry sucks to hard for their costs. I think only the real jaegers should have this ability.
25 Aug 2014, 18:42 PM

Permanently Banned
As far as someone wanting to see Partisans win a game, watch Lenny's stream. He wins games as Partisans all the time.

He also loses all the time...
26 Aug 2014, 00:15 AM

For me Falls are one-single-use-unit, since once they spawn behind enemy lines and retreat, they're useless.
They have nice DPS, right, but its like a Kubel with a 37mm flak: nice punch but horrible HP/armor.
For 40 less MP i got a Oberterminators unit, wich its the same-but with better survavility.
31 Aug 2014, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 20:54 PMRomeo
Their price is extremely high to account for that. After their initial impact they perform pretty poorly.

I completely agree, jags and falls have a massive first impact, but after that take up pop, are very expensive to reinforce and aren't that great for the cost.
31 Aug 2014, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2014, 14:44 PMLSDuffy

I completely agree, jags and falls have a massive first impact, but after that take up pop, are very expensive to reinforce and aren't that great for the cost.

I saw plenty of times Falls used quite well after first impact on streams, since they effective at all ranges, I saw them giving quite impressive supporting fire for Volks.

Thing is, that Partisan squads are bigger gamble as they may not even have an impact at all even coming from behind.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★