Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger - The Gamebreaker

PAGES (10)down
xsi
23 Aug 2014, 08:36 AM

Infantry should be natural counter for big and heavy vehicles whitout AI power but it seems that allies are lack of such inf.

so infantry must be counter to isu152 aswell. R U SRS?

23 Aug 2014, 09:01 AM

ISU is fine? Then Jagd is also fine. Jagd compensates the ability of the ISU to wipe out vet3-5 infantry squads with the ability to shoot trough objects, both are bullshit, but hey!
23 Aug 2014, 09:10 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The problem is The JagdTiger nullifies all armour in the game, but you can't just not build armour because Soviets have no infantry based AT, and Americans only have Bazookas which are awful against heavy armour.

Not to say ISU is fine either.
23 Aug 2014, 09:17 AM

Infantry should be natural counter for big and heavy vehicles whitout AI power but it seems that allies are lack of such inf.

big and heavy vehicles whitout AI power

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 08:36 AMxsi

so infantry must be counter to isu152 aswell. R U SRS?

You're being this silly on purpose or its a natural gift?

None of the big long range direct fire guns are fine, none will be removed.

In JT case, I was using it twice and was fighting against in 3 times so far.
Only once I have seen it go down after coordinated assault of infantry, 3 T34/85, 2 shermans and 2 jacksons. From the attacking tanks only 1 sherman and 1 T34/85 survived.

In 4 other games I was either obliterated by JT which forced infantry on OKW infantry+supporting armor battle(which is certain loss) or I forced opponents into that, which was always a GG.

With JT armor, even direct artillery hits are no counter unless we talk USF off maps.
23 Aug 2014, 09:17 AM
Patrion 14

The problem is The JagdTiger nullifies all armour in the game, but you can't just not build armour because Soviets have no infantry based AT, and Americans only have Bazookas which are awful against heavy armour.

Not to say ISU is fine either.

this.

p.s. screw ele isu jt already... just remove those stupid super tanks from the game.
and
23 Aug 2014, 10:04 AM

Super tanks screws the balance hard.

You can spend an enormous amount of resources trying to take one down, but if it gets out alive by even 1% your opponent has lost 0 resources while you most certainly will have lost at least 2 tank destroyers in the attempt.

I remember in COH1 that it was actually possible to handle a KT using Shermans and AT guns. COH2? Good luck
23 Aug 2014, 11:02 AM

"Jagdtiger - the gamebreaker"

You misspelled "ISU-152"

But yeah, all these big tanks mess up the game.
23 Aug 2014, 11:37 AM

Speaking from a 2v2 perspective I've played several games with and against the JT and I actually only find it useful against the ISU-152. Against other strats you invest alot of fuel in a heavy slow and sluggish super cannon that's very often not worth it's investement.

Going JT means pretty much no other at than shrecked Volks and Raketenwerfers.

So I think the Jagd is fine in 1v1 and 2v2, 3v3+ however it's a different thing.
23 Aug 2014, 13:24 PM

ISU is l2p and Jagdtiger OP. Sure thing

ISU is in a similar spot in terms of over preforming. You dont need to make snarcky comments because of a comment you once read from a troll
23 Aug 2014, 13:38 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 01:29 AMGreeb
I think the Jadgtiger is fine, but the ability to shot throught buildings is pure BS.

I'd like to hear why exactly it can do it. At least Pak43 is stationary and can't move.

- because the JT is the slowest tank ingame (not sure about that :D)
- expensive as hell ( you will see no tanks before)
- no AI
- crew shocked after every single hit
- "lost" after a proper flank
- and if you can't shot through buildings, call him elefant

I would seriously prefer an OKW "ISU"
23 Aug 2014, 13:38 PM

Why has this devolved into a ISU is OP thread?
The ISU and Jagdtiger are not meant to be identical, or are they meant to fulfil the same role.
Anyway, The Jagdtiger locks down areas by design. BUT the ability to shoot through things really ruins any form of flanking.
23 Aug 2014, 13:45 PM

nothing to discuss here really, super tanks are nonsense, takes out the fun in coh2, JT/isu152/elefants are all bullshit, remove both or redesign them without the nonsensical 75 range, 85 range guns.
23 Aug 2014, 14:38 PM

wongtp I agree with you.

Again this comes down to team vs 1v1. In 1v1 Jagd and Elephant are both extremely lackluster and rare. In team games (especially larger games 3v3+) these units are RIDICULOUSLY GOOD. They completely eliminate a VP from the allies by forcing them to attack without armor, and as they gain vet they become so dangerous that you cannot even afford to be on the same side of the map with armor. Elephant is less so now, but still very dangerous in large team games when set up. These tanks really have no place in the game (including you ISU 152).

Too late now though, not sure how to really balance these monsters.
23 Aug 2014, 15:19 PM

Permanently Banned

- because the JT is the slowest tank ingame (not sure about that :D)
- expensive as hell ( you will see no tanks before)
- no AI
- crew shocked after every single hit
- "lost" after a proper flank
- and if you can't shot through buildings, call him elefant

I would seriously prefer an OKW "ISU"

- slowest tank but incredible strong
- you will get the resources because you can lock down huge areas of the field as OKW
- very subjective
- no proper flank possible due to bad map designing and OPness

Just my 2 Cents
23 Aug 2014, 16:04 PM

Mark target + 50KG bombing run oneshots the thing , just saying.

Then again it gets crew shoked like 50% of the hits it takes.

I can see it will be hard to kill in anything that is bigger than a 2v2 but then again who takes that serious/competetively ?
23 Aug 2014, 16:24 PM

- slowest tank but incredible strong
- you will get the resources because you can lock down huge areas of the field as OKW
- very subjective
- no proper flank possible due to bad map designing and OPness

Just my 2 Cents

I agree. I've only had my Jagd flanked about 20% of games. When it does get flanked it dies about 80%

Gamebreaker unit. But your post could be written just the same for ISU-152
23 Aug 2014, 16:25 PM

JT has only one purpose, which is nullifying enemy armor. It does its job pretty well on the condition that it's supported.

Now it has a lot of drawbacks:

- super expensive (which is normal)
- super slow (which is logical)
- super vulnerable if not supported : a stuart or even a Ptrs will kill it if you get behind it
- if the OKW player isn't dominating already, buying the JT will drain all his ressources. There is also a good chance he will save all his fuel until he has enough to buy it. This isn't always a good idea, just like saving for a KT. If he does that, it means he won't make any tanks until 13+ CPs
- anything will stunlock it

I've won plenty of games because of the JT, and most of which I was already winning, Daddy just sealed the deal. I've also had tons of games where I built a JT and the outcome of the game didn't change. I've lost games with one or more JTs on the field (have a 4v4 replay where I lose despite having a vet 5 JT because we played bad).

How to handle it:

- snipe it with off-map arty or a B4. Only works if your opponnent is bad
- rush it with everything you've got. You will lose a lot, but if you can kill it you will hurt your enemy more.
- ignore it. A JT is a big slow tank. Moving it around is always a risk, so most of the time it will stick to a sector and only move forward and backward to snipe stuff and avoid retaliation. Daddy JT sitting on middle VP on Lienne Forest ? Just go somewhere else with your tanks. If it moves to attack you it opens a lot of possibilities to you, like going back mid with your faster tanks and flank it while it's struggling with his shitty pathfinding.
- remember anything will stunlock it

Now I'm an Axis player mostly, and not because "Axis is OP lel", but because I like the factions (both of them). The JT is fine to me. I don't see why a house should stop a 128mm shell? Of course maybe it shouldn't be able to shoot through 3 houses.

The problem lies more in maps than in the unit itself, imo. For example a JT is good on Ettelbruck because if your opponent is dumb enough to bring tanks in the town then he gets punished hard because of JT's ability to shoot through things. Now play on Steppes. Suddenly your JT isn't as safe anymore.

Oh I almost forgot the vet 1 ability. This one is broken. It's extremely cheap (30 or 35 ammo) and it doesn't refresh the auto attack cooldown, which means you can shoot twice within a second. The 3 shells become 4, and that will kill an ISU or IS2 in less than 10 seconds (if it doesn't retrat). This needs to be fixed and the cost should be increased to 45-50 ammo.
23 Aug 2014, 22:37 PM

Just played against this in a long team game. Ultimately it won the game for them. It was supported by a tiger a Jagdpanzer and a whole blob of infantry on Oka River. We could never flank it (because we had to attack over ice), and it just pushed us backwards until we were in our base. We were unable to use any armor to attack it. Felt even more ridiculous because we had map control for the first 15 minutes and were ticking down their timer.

In 1v1 I could see how balanced this unit could be, but in team games where fuel is far less limiting this unit is far too powerful.

It at least needs to have a range reduction so it fits with the other heavies.

The underlying problem is still that resources do not scale in larger team games.
23 Aug 2014, 23:03 PM

guys guys its intended :D
24 Aug 2014, 00:18 AM

Just played against this in a long team game. Ultimately it won the game for them. It was supported by a tiger a Jagdpanzer and a whole blob of infantry on Oka River. We could never flank it (because we had to attack over ice), and it just pushed us backwards until we were in our base. We were unable to use any armor to attack it. Felt even more ridiculous because we had map control for the first 15 minutes and were ticking down their timer.

In 1v1 I could see how balanced this unit could be, but in team games where fuel is far less limiting this unit is far too powerful.

It at least needs to have a range reduction so it fits with the other heavies.

The underlying problem is still that resources do not scale in larger team games.

perhaps the unit itself is fine. The main problem i see is that it can be supported by Axis infantry with nice AT options like the panzerschreck. This means you need some form of artillery or suppression weapon to clean out the infantry. Using tanks to flank the JGT is very deadly for Allies due to this
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 46
Poland 10
United States 7
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L