Login

russian armor

Volks are garbage - Run an experiment vs Cons

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
22 Aug 2014, 08:41 AM

Permanently Banned

Good job you ran an experiment that has no real practical application to how games actually play out. That would be the weirdest game, 1v1s between cons and volks all over the map(Vet 0 volks too, lets just completely ignore how they scale amazingly with vet) playing out for the entirety of a match.

So staying at long range vs Cons and trying to use the volks only advantage that get negated for only 10% damage with the press of Oorah has no practical application.

What good is scaling when sovs get full map control early game and starve OKW for its already starved resource? Sovs have a very solid late game too. Its gg.

O K.
22 Aug 2014, 08:46 AM

So you want a 230 unit winning completely (regardless of micro) a 240 unit spending 10 muni.

Yes or not?
22 Aug 2014, 08:49 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 08:46 AMPorygon
So you want a 230 unit winning completely (regardless of micro) a 240 unit spending 10 muni.

Yes or not?

What? I dont care about 0.2 of extra wait for MP wait time. Make 240 Mp even make it 250mp.

Im talking about fairness in balance here and make them at least able to punish cons without them losing only 10% HP when in cover at long range. That's ridiculous. An upgrade LMG would help or increase in damage at long and medium range.

10 muns is a very very small price to pay for early game map control esp for Soviets vs OKW. Im not even talking about how sovs dominate even more with M3 Flame, Max spam or sniper spam.
22 Aug 2014, 08:52 AM

Volks don't need an LMG. Volks are pretty much fine in my opinion.

They scale well with vet, have grenades, can get a panzerschrek for AT support.

For raw DPS you have Obersoldaten.
22 Aug 2014, 08:53 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 08:51 AMKatitof

And let me guess, these deadly conscripts push you off? :loco:
Yes, that is an L2P issue as every single good player in this thread have told you.

Sometimes the biggest issue is located between chair and a keyboard, this thread is the prime case of this.

No as mentioned. OKW will never get to Obers in an effective timeframe due to dominance by sovs early game. Im merely talking about con spam here and how they dominate volks. as mentioned above i have not even talked about how they are dominated more so vs Maxim spam, or sniper spam.

22 Aug 2014, 08:55 AM

Permanently Banned
Volks don't need an LMG. Volks are pretty much fine in my opinion.

They scale well with vet, have grenades, can get a panzerschrek for AT support.

For raw DPS you have Obersoldaten.

I agree once they get to vet 3 they are ok. But thats the problem my friend. They will never get there against a person who uses Maxim spam, Sniper spam or con spam because they will be dominated early game on practially all maps.

Von ivan has impressively gotten this down to an art. I think you should watch his games to see how ineffectual OKW is vs maxim or con spam against a good player. But thats the problem you dont even need a good player to punish you to this degree
22 Aug 2014, 08:55 AM

Cons don't dominate volks. It has been said multiple times now.

Volks > Cons at long range.
If cons Oohra in for molotovs, you focus fire and use grenades.

Edit: Now I'm not saying either that volks dominate conscripts. What I am saying is that it's a balanced matchup that will go into the favor of the player who micros better.
22 Aug 2014, 09:51 AM

Volks are fine unit, for his 235 mp price, and cheap 23 mp rfc cost. Maybe seems weak-garbage unit, in vacum 1v1 test, but in the real meta, they can be effective in great number with aim focusfire on incoming conscripts, Volks have much better scaling up with vet than conscripts, and later, in med or late game, the most durable, 5 men squad with shreck, what is the best inf portable AT weapon in this game, and Volks can get it without tech cost, only for muni. Volks have sandbag deploy ability too, so you can play with them defensively too. IF someone inf squad need a bit love in this game, that is the conscript and Penal squad imo...
22 Aug 2014, 10:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge

okay enough guys with the personal attacks.
22 Aug 2014, 10:13 AM

Just because they are not supposed to be the same unit.
22 Aug 2014, 10:25 AM

Volks on their own, without Vet, are pretty shoddy. Their DPS is fairly appalling and in a vacuum, a conscript will indeed beat a volksgren hands down, even if the Conscript has to charge.

However, this is negated by the fact the OKW also get Sturmpios early game, which can easily take 2:1 conscript squads if placed in cover properly. The OKW also get access to extremely effective doctrinal infantry, such as Falschirms, the infamous MG34 and Fusiliers/Sturmofficer. Don't even get me started on how quickly Obers chew up conscripts.

Anyway, even with vanilla Volks against vanilla Cons in a 1v1 situation, once you upgrade to your first tech truck and get access to grenades, the balance quickly favors Volks (Simply because of how effective those grenades are). If you go Spec-Ops/Scavenge, you also get access to the assault-gren style grenade volley, which is insanely cost effective for what it does (10 munitions for a potential squadwipe if your opponent is inattentive).

Edit: Volks are worse than Conscripts in an equal engagement. The only way you can trump conscripts with vanilla volks is by blobbing up (Which a Soviet player can do himself).
22 Aug 2014, 10:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2014, 10:08 AMWiFiDi
okay enough guys with the personal attacks.

apparently some people missed what i typed earlier. :D

also i found more stuff to invis that i missed the first time. As well as some new stuff. guys cmon try to follow rules. if you see somthing violating forum rules report it and ingnore it, don't spew more garbage all over the forums.
22 Aug 2014, 11:01 AM

Volks are great. Cheap, low reinforce, can take two weapon (include posible schreck upgrade) and solid grenade. I build 3-4 volks everytime. 10-14k damage, only with Volks, many times (team games).
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS