Login

russian armor

(2 - 4) Leipzig (Work in progress)

18 Aug 2014, 21:14 PM
Donator 11

Steam Workshop

I've been working on this project for a few weeks now and I couldn't wait to get this one out to the Public.
It's an city map with lots and lots of rubble and debris wherever you look.

As the title says, it's still a work in progress!!
Splats and lots of other things are still to be included.

I've brought it out so buggs and other issues (if found) could be resolved.
Leave your opinion down below or in the thread for buggs/improvements!

Description:

During World War II, Leipzig was repeatedly attacked by British as well as American air raids. The most severe attack was launched by the Royal Air Force in the early hours of December 4, 1943 and claimed more than 1,800 lives. Large parts of the city center were destroyed.

20 Aug 2014, 19:52 PM

Looking good, from the screenshots. Post a shot of the sectors. Good choice on testing for balance before spending a lot of time on splats and fine detail. It takes a lot of time to change things once put down.
20 Aug 2014, 20:29 PM
Donator 11

Yeah that's what I figured, first real city map so I'm expecting some problems..! Here's the tactical view:

and here some more screenshots:

In the distance it looks like the walls stop, that's just because it doesn't load properly when you shift the camera angle

20 Aug 2014, 20:33 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Whoa.

Awesome.
20 Aug 2014, 21:11 PM
Donator 11

Thanks! If you've played the map, let me know what you've liked and if there's anything you dislike!
20 Aug 2014, 21:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Is that tactical point layout finished? i like the unorthodox style, but also a lto of work to make it balanced. The vp areas are also large.
20 Aug 2014, 21:36 PM
Donator 11

Nothings actually finished, that's why I brought it out, I want to know if there are things that should/could be changed!
Problem is I'm holding on to the standard of 10 (incl 3 VP) points/ 2 fuel points and 2 ammo points don't know it I should divert of that?
21 Aug 2014, 00:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I played it against a CPU, and here are my thoughts.

First of all, it looks amazing. You put a lot of effort in and it shows!

There are a few balance concerns. All the critical points are much closer to the south base. The munitions in particular are big offenders, with the south one literally adjacent to the HQ sector while the north one is a very long way away. The victory points are also closer to the south, and even the one furthest to the north requires the north player to walk around a big structure and up some stairs to reach it.

The north base cannot be cut off from its fuel, the south base can.

The north base has easy access to four strategic points, the south base has access to only three. The strategic points need to be laid out a little more symmetrically.

Other than point layout, I LOVE the general feel of engagements. Even in the map's in-progress state, there are lots of buildings, flanking routes, and cover that result in fun combat at all ranges.

Good job! I can't wait to see your updates.
21 Aug 2014, 11:24 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Aug 2014, 00:17 AMRomeo
I played it against a CPU, and here are my thoughts.

First of all, it looks amazing. You put a lot of effort in and it shows!

There are a few balance concerns. All the critical points are much closer to the south base. The munitions in particular are big offenders, with the south one literally adjacent to the HQ sector while the north one is a very long way away. The victory points are also closer to the south, and even the one furthest to the north requires the north player to walk around a big structure and up some stairs to reach it.

The north base cannot be cut off from its fuel, the south base can.

The north base has easy access to four strategic points, the south base has access to only three. The strategic points need to be laid out a little more symmetrically.

Other than point layout, I LOVE the general feel of engagements. Even in the map's in-progress state, there are lots of buildings, flanking routes, and cover that result in fun combat at all ranges.

Good job! I can't wait to see your updates.

I've tried to work out all the points in your comment,
this is how the new tactical layout is presented:

Hope this suits you better! I have changed as much as I can without putting points to close together or make them look out of place.
21 Aug 2014, 16:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Looks better already! I'll give it another try tonight.
23 Aug 2014, 23:06 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

I played with lemon on this map, and it feels too big for 1v1 currently. Engagements are few and far between and losing one is devastating. I think it might be the right size for 2v2 but I'm not sure. Maybe even 3v3.

The north fuel is much easier to cut off than the south one now. In fact, you can't touch the cutoff without getting shot by the base defenses.

There are some weird pathing issues with some of the objects on the map that you can see in the replay.

The large size combined with the incredible density of the buildings gives a pretty big advantage to jaeger light infantry as you can see. I'm not sure how you can address this without significantly changing the map.

The ambient wrecks are salvageable.

There's still a little asymmetry in the point layout I think, but it's hard to say if it's a significant problem or not without more games.
23 Aug 2014, 23:21 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Looks cool, definately give it a try.
25 Aug 2014, 21:56 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2014, 23:06 PMRomeo

I played with lemon on this map, and it feels too big for 1v1 currently. Engagements are few and far between and losing one is devastating. I think it might be the right size for 2v2 but I'm not sure. Maybe even 3v3.

The north fuel is much easier to cut off than the south one now. In fact, you can't touch the cutoff without getting shot by the base defenses.

There are some weird pathing issues with some of the objects on the map that you can see in the replay.

The large size combined with the incredible density of the buildings gives a pretty big advantage to jaeger light infantry as you can see. I'm not sure how you can address this without significantly changing the map.

The ambient wrecks are salvageable.

There's still a little asymmetry in the point layout I think, but it's hard to say if it's a significant problem or not without more games.

Thanks for taking the time to help me fix my map.
I'm working on it when I can and hope to adress al the issues as soon as possible.
This week I'm away with school.. hoping to be able to work more next week!
25 Aug 2014, 23:00 PM

Very very nice!
Good job!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
unknown 15
unknown 14
Germany 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias