Login

russian armor

What should Relic do to increase allies-players?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (13)down
18 Aug 2014, 16:38 PM

It's false that germans are more popular than allies in all ww2 games. Look at war thunder, devs said that allies are 3x or 4x more popular there than axis.
18 Aug 2014, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 16:07 PMI<444>3CoH

Just play pretty much any ww2 game and witness it yourself.

Whenever someone has to choose between a wehrmacht or allies team the axis team has many more players.

Red Orchestra 1 and 2, Heroes and Generals, Company of Heroes 1 and 2.

IF the player ratio had anything to do with the gameplay or balance we would see it shift whenever allies become OP or UP in CoH2. Thats not the case, it has been overall steady.

Pretty much this.
18 Aug 2014, 17:02 PM

I hope I don't drop a big bomb here, but I think OKW is atm a tiny bit stronger. That's why I think it's this way.

DONT SHOOT ME if you disagree :)
18 Aug 2014, 17:05 PM

I DISAGREE WITH YOU KREATIIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Factions are all perfect, I believe my 3 KT's are perfectly acceptable on the battlefield.
18 Aug 2014, 17:08 PM

I DISAGREE WITH YOU KREATIIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Factions are all perfect, I believe my 3 KT's are perfectly acceptable on the battlefield.

If your pumping out 3 KTs in a game sir you are operating at a level beyond pro! :clap: if so keep it up!
18 Aug 2014, 17:09 PM

My personal faction preference depends on who's searching.

89% Searching as Axis = I choose Soviets.
67% Searching as Allies = I choose Oberkommando West.

I don't own the US forces and I would probably play Ostheer still, but I would rather git gud with Oberkommando first before switching it up.

I have noticed I play a lot more with Soviets, because there's usually more axis players online. I find for hte most part it's fairly balanced though, It's rare for me to see a consistent 80/20 split or worse.
18 Aug 2014, 17:09 PM

If your pumping out 3 KTs in a game sir you are operating at a level beyond pro! :clap: if so keep it up!

LOL Other day I pumped out 3 ISUs for the lolz. Heavy Tanks OP in this game.
18 Aug 2014, 17:11 PM

LOL Other day I pumped out 3 ISUs for the lolz. Heavy Tanks OP in this game.

Which game mode are we talking?
18 Aug 2014, 17:12 PM

4v4 of course..........
18 Aug 2014, 17:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

And after some vehement discussion (not enhanced by use of adjectives like "shitty"), thanks to staff for bringing the temperature down. :)

Guys, please discuss in an enthusiastic, but not over-aggressive fashion. :)
18 Aug 2014, 17:13 PM

I would really like to see the stats that back up this assumption. Some data from relic that shows what the average queue length is for all factions.

Currently all these complaints are based on seeing some % number on the screen during your automatch search. The problem with this number is that it does not take into account how many allied/axis players are currently in game. It also does not show any historical data at all. I just don't see how we can be complaining about a "problem" that potentially does not exist.
18 Aug 2014, 17:14 PM

Different people have different motives and overall there will be multiple factors as to why a lot more people are searching as axis at any given time. But I would agree that the faction design might be largely at fault here. Doing sniper-guard every game gets really boring really fast.
18 Aug 2014, 17:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 15:47 PMKatitof

The possibility to use other doctrines then the ones with IS-2/ISU/T-34/85 and guards/shocks?

12 of the soviets 19 doctrines have atleast one of the units you just meantioned. of the last 7, you have industry, urban defense, counter attack, partisans, and irregulars. thats not enough options for you?

the only doctrines that really have nothing going for them are nkvd and conscript support
18 Aug 2014, 17:22 PM

I would really like to see the stats that back up this assumption. Some data from relic that shows what the average queue length is for all factions.

Currently all these complaints are based on seeing some % number on the screen during your automatch search. The problem with this number is that it does not take into account how many allied/axis players are currently in game. It also does not show any historical data at all. I just don't see how we can be complaining about a "problem" that potentially does not exist.

There's absolutely zero reason to include people already ingame because by the nature of the game, the split of players there is 50:50. What the constant >80% searching as axis situation shows is that people who aren't in a game already would rather play as axis than get a game faster as allies.
18 Aug 2014, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:18 PMwooof

12 of the soviets 19 doctrines have atleast one of the units you just meantioned. of the last 7, you have industry, urban defense, counter attack, partisans, and irregulars. thats not enough options for you?

And, not or. There are 5 commanders for soviets with a call-in tank and guards or shocks. 7 if you count Terror/Anti-inf but to be honest a kv8 call-in alone is not something you can skip teching costs with so it doesn't really count.
18 Aug 2014, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:25 PMCruzz

And, not or. There are 5 commanders for soviets with a call-in tank and guards or shocks. 7 if you count Terror/Anti-inf but to be honest a kv8 call-in alone is not something you can skip teching costs with so it doesn't really count.

still more options than ost have: tiger or death.
18 Aug 2014, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:18 PMwooof

the only doctrines that really have nothing going for them are nkvd and conscript support

I would like to support his argument in that usually, you'd need BOTH a Doctrine Infantry AND Doctrine Tank for a doctrine to be viable (well performing). This further limits commander choices as considering how horrible stock units are compared to the Doc units. Forgoing even one option, will leave a hole in the performance of that specific role whether its heavy tank or T85 series.

Comparing this to Axis, they aren't as even remotely reliant on commanders in regards to Soviets.
18 Aug 2014, 17:32 PM

still more options than ost have: tiger or death.

You have Tiger in 4 doctrines+Tiger Ace, not really much of a difference there if you ask me.

And to be honest PIVs and stugs are amazing compared to soviet tech vehicles, just because you want to pick the "easy" way with Tiger doesn't mean teching as Ost isn't more viable than as soviets.
18 Aug 2014, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:32 PMJ1N6666

I would like to support his argument in that usually, you'd need BOTH a Doctrine Infantry AND Doctrine Tank for a doctrine to be viable (well performing). This further limits commander choices as considering how horrible stock units are compared to the Doc units. Forgoing even one option, will leave a hole in the performance of that specific role whether its heavy tank or T85 series.

Comparing this to Axis, they aren't as even remotely reliant on commanders in regards to Soviets.

I agree. It seems like base Axis (don't play them so it is an assumption) are decent enough so a nice doctrine can help it shine. However Soviet base units just suck ass generally so it becomes a no brainer to get a commander that will give u a heavy tank and guards/shocks
18 Aug 2014, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 17:32 PMCruzz

You have Tiger in 4 doctrines+Tiger Ace, not really much of a difference there if you ask me.

And to be honest PIVs and stugs are amazing compared to soviet tech vehicles, just because you want to pick the "easy" way with Tiger doesn't mean teching as Ost isn't more viable than as soviets.

pIV and stugs may be amazing against sov tech vehicles, but, what about call-ins? they get destroyed. and who builds sov tech? no one. so p4 and stug are quite uesless atm.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 18
Netherlands 14
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %