Login

russian armor

How long we have to face ISU witch one shoot everyhting?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
17 Aug 2014, 18:23 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

We're now onto page 5. One post invised for trolling.

If you cannot continue to discuss in a civilized fashion, this thread will come to an abrupt end
17 Aug 2014, 19:03 PM

I'll reiterate: I'd really like to see replays from people, illustrating any sort of methodical approach of how to deal with the ISU - outside of the Jagdtiger of course. Funny/condescending gifs aka Kreatiir don't necessarily change perceptions.

its easier to just say how easy it is to counter, especially when you play mostly soviets.

had a game the other night where my teammate got 2 ISUs at the same time. we protected the flanks with mines, guards, t34s and zis. they were completely untouchable. they ended up with 180 kills total. we were going to (and deserved to) lose the game, but ISU, so we won. the enemy did try a flank with a KT and a couple jagdpanzers, but i rammed the kt in the back, then the ISUs backed up and hit it from range. never stood a chance. all of their vet 5 schrecks had been 1 shotted by the end of the game and they just got pinned in their base after having a considerable lead.

i dont see how anyone can compare a unit that counters infantry and vehicles to a jagdtiger or elefant. all three have long range and thats where the similarities end. the fact someone even brings up the elefant after the nerfs its received is laughable, but both german units have the same weakness. send infantry ahead of your vehicles and neither a jagdtiger or elefant can touch you. the germans are then forced to stop all the infantry without vehicles because they just invested all their fuel into a dedicated TD.
17 Aug 2014, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 19:03 PMwooof

had a game the other night where my teammate got 2 ISUs at the same time. we protected the flanks with mines, guards, t34s and zis. they were completely untouchable. they ended up with 180 kills total. we were going to (and deserved to) lose the game, but ISU, so we won. the enemy did try a flank with a KT and a couple jagdpanzers, but i rammed the kt in the back, then the ISUs backed up and hit it from range. never stood a chance. all of their vet 5 schrecks had been 1 shotted by the end of the game and they just got pinned in their base after having a considerable lead.

I've also had a game like this. Got stomped in early game, lost like 10 conscripts total and was pushed off the map. But my super sick skills with ISU (aka A-move) saved the day by wiping like 5 squads in 3 min. They even flanked it with a (OKW) Panther. All of it shots bounced off and my 3 Zis supporting ISU wrecked it.

The people who are saying ISU is fine are the ones who need to learn to play. But please without ISU.
17 Aug 2014, 19:48 PM

To be honest, out of all super range tanks, this has to be the most annoying and gamebreaking one. While the other ones are purely AT, this tank does both. And is a all inclusive counter for your army. It basically negates the rock paper scissors system the coh games have.
17 Aug 2014, 19:55 PM

To be honest, out of all super range tanks, this has to be the most annoying and gamebreaking one. While the other ones are purely AT, this tank does both. And is a all inclusive counter for your army. It basically negates the rock paper scissors system the coh games have.

That's the exact reason why this unit is not fine.

IS-2/Tigers are also great vs both, inf and tanks, but they don't have such absurd range.
Jagdtiger and Elefant, while having long range they're pure at.
17 Aug 2014, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 17:38 PMBurts

Anyways, try to pressure your opponent before he gets the isu-152.

lol soviets have early to mid game advantage over okw and ost so thats next to impossible unless the soviet makes allot of mistakes.
17 Aug 2014, 21:06 PM
Donator 11

ISU is totally out of control and needs a nerf, all aoe damage needs a nerf and as already said.. a bigger aoe with less damage would be better for mortars and such.

And why is ISU more accurate on even at max range than brummbar is at close? ISU should miss a lot more against infantry.
17 Aug 2014, 22:06 PM

Permanently Banned
Sovjets are totally OP at the moment. I notice this now as I play much with germans!
17 Aug 2014, 22:20 PM

Sovjets are totally OP at the moment. I notice this now as I play much with germans!

hehehehe +1
17 Aug 2014, 22:47 PM

Either trolling or changing for the good. Soviets arent op tho.
17 Aug 2014, 23:12 PM

I've also had a game like this. Got stomped in early game, lost like 10 conscripts total and was pushed off the map. But my super sick skills with ISU (aka A-move) saved the day by wiping like 5 squads in 3 min. They even flanked it with a (OKW) Panther. All of it shots bounced off and my 3 Zis supporting ISU wrecked it.

The people who are saying ISU is fine are the ones who need to learn to play. But please without ISU.

So, your opponent had 2400mp and map advantage and lost.

To me this looks like a terrible player facing off horrible player, not really a balance but skill issue if your opponent wasn't able to ROFLSTOMP your leftovers of an army and ISU with that kind of advantage.
17 Aug 2014, 23:20 PM

ISU-152s not as bad as it used to be. It's fairly balanced now to be honest.

From a 1v1'ers perspective, a long-range heavy (Either the Elefant, Jagd or ISU) is generally a really bad decision on most maps, langres being the exception. It's simply too hard to defend having saved up enough fuel and manpower to get the unit (having no resources left over to invest in tanks to protect your long-ranger's ass) and it's far easier to flank the ISU-152 with a tank assault since there isn't a second player to screen your ISU.

From a 2v2 perspective, the ISU-152 is (extremely) hard-countered by the Jagdtiger. Not only is the Jagdtiger virtually untouchable from the front (Which bodes grimly for something like the ISU-152, which isn't exactly a falnking unit) but it also three-shots the ISU-152 with a 100% chance of penetration. You can also shoot through shotblockers, something the ISU-152 can't meaning you can engage the ISU from angles where it can't engage you, which is nice.

I think the main problem with the current ISU-152 is that without an Elefant or a Jagdtiger, it's so much more difficult to face in team game situations. It's very, very difficult to attack from the front and also extremely difficult to flank and kill due to its huge HP pool and fairly high back-armor. It's an extremely easy unit to defend in a 2v2/3v3/4v4 from all except other long-range heavies.

TL,DR All the long-range heavies are only easily countered in team games by other long-range heavies. Of course, Jagdtiger don't give a shit 'bout the ISU-152 and the only way to counter this beast (If it's being well defended) is through artillery support.
18 Aug 2014, 01:07 AM

Funny how people complain about ISU.... Tiger and KT wipe squads left and right too!! KT also has crazy armor too and can probably 1v1 an ISU
18 Aug 2014, 01:19 AM

except for the fact that the KT has a much shorter range and costs significantly more to make than an ISU
18 Aug 2014, 01:35 AM

except for the fact that the KT has a much shorter range and costs significantly more to make than an ISU

thats true, however (not to add more excuses but i think this is reasonable point), German tanks have the advantage of support troops armed with antitank rockets. ISU armor is quite weak compared to Jagd, Elefant, and KT. It can't take many hits. KT shots will hurt the ISU a lot, plus AT infantry can make it hell for an ISU.
18 Aug 2014, 01:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2014, 23:20 PMAlbus

I think the main problem with the current ISU-152 is that without an Elefant or a Jagdtiger, it's so much more difficult to face in team game situations. It's very, very difficult to attack from the front and also extremely difficult to flank and kill due to its huge HP pool and fairly high back-armor. It's an extremely easy unit to defend in a 2v2/3v3/4v4 from all except other long-range heavies.

it works the same for soviets to counter JT or elefants. without a super long range unit, we are gimped. on top of that soviet infantry has nothing over their german counterparts with everyone decked out in lmgs or are super durable through vet.

if 1 must go, all super long range tanks must go, which is imo the best solution.

without isu152 to stop infantry and provide AT support against tanks, there will be nothing stopping the jagd/elefants from rolling tanks while german infantry steamrolling soviet ones.
18 Aug 2014, 02:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 01:45 AMwongtp

it works the same for soviets to counter JT or elefants. without a super long range unit, we are gimped. on top of that soviet infantry has nothing over their german counterparts with everyone decked out in lmgs or are super durable through vet.

if 1 must go, all super long range tanks must go, which is imo the best solution.

without isu152 to stop infantry and provide AT support against tanks, there will be nothing stopping the jagd/elefants from rolling tanks while german infantry steamrolling soviet ones.

i don't think the PTRS can penetrate or KT or JGT. I think we can agree that Axis AT infantry are better than Soviet
18 Aug 2014, 02:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 02:04 AMNinjaWJ

i don't think the PTRS can penetrate or KT or JGT. I think we can agree that Axis AT infantry are better than Soviet

anyone with a lmg is better than any other infantry without it. ptrs is deadweight now against tanks or infantry.
18 Aug 2014, 02:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2014, 01:45 AMwongtp

+1

The game would be much more fun withot these superunits, and commander's choices would be more creative.

Tiger and IS2 are fine, but Elefant, ISU, Jadgtiger, Tiger Ace and King Tiger should disappear from the game. They all are broken, as they need another super heavy tank to counter them, limiting commander's choices and making lategame predictable and with a stupid final boss' feeling in it.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS