Login

russian armor

T-34 ram ability RNG directional ?

12 Aug 2014, 16:02 PM

Hi trying to improve my soviet play lately ^^ and wondered...

Does the T-34 ram ability favour a hit in the rear or side of an enemy vehicle instead of its front ? i.e. do I have a higher chance of inflicting a critical this way ?

and btw is the maingun disabled critical inflicted by a succesful ram taken out of the game ? Haven't seen it for ages.

( Pls no "dont-do-rams" answers XD )
12 Aug 2014, 16:10 PM

Do not use ram. EVER.

Seriously, when it penetrates, it has 160 penetration, it's got like 97% chance to damage the engine and the rest 3% are main gun criticals/heavy engine damage/immobilization.

In all cases it is just better to either shoot the gun of the tank, or let it live and escape.

Yes its got a higher chance to penetrate on the rear, penetration is pretty much garuanteed on rear armor.
12 Aug 2014, 16:15 PM

Haven't used ram in a while since T34s are actually pretty good battle tanks now. But to answer your question, yes hitting the front / rear of a vehicle does matter since ramming has the penetration value of 160 and can be deflected (160 dmg vs 80 deflection dmg). What you get out of it is a bit of a dice roll, though I think some sort of engine damage is guaranteed.

From the latest 4/24 patchnote:

Ram

Currently, ram is being used as a crowd control measure to disable other vehicles. The intent isn't for a full health T34 to ram other vehicles; instead, ram should be used when the T34 is near death to highlight its usage as a last resort type ability.
* No longer causes instant main gun destroyed critical
* Now has a chance to cause one of the follow criticals to occur: light engine damage, heavy engine damage, immobilization, or main gun destroyed. The chance is weighed such that light engine damage has the highest occurrence where main gun destroyed has the lowest.
12 Aug 2014, 16:41 PM

Thx for answers =)
12 Aug 2014, 17:05 PM

Use ram only if you are sure you can't escape and have 25% or less HP, don't rely on it doing anything thou.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★