Login

russian armor

Elite Mod 3.0

PAGES (7)down
23 Sep 2014, 17:11 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I tried casting those replays you sent me but it must be an old version because they bugged out and didn't work.
23 Sep 2014, 20:02 PM

Ye those replays were probably version 3.0 even?
23 Sep 2014, 22:54 PM

Meh really sorry guys, redownload 3.2 if u have already. Did some hotfixing to Hellcat camo, as it was still in an undesirable state.
1 Nov 2014, 18:31 PM

ITs just, so many of these changes, some things I had no idea existed in coh and i love how you changed it like the fucking PIO antispam bullshit, But why like reduced mp start for wehr, and random damage and accuracy stuff, like MP40 is fine as is, but some of this stuff.
1 Nov 2014, 18:37 PM

He plans on reworking the British and Panzer Elite faction as well as overhauling the units from Tales of Valor and reintroducing the Tiger Ace.

o_O
1 Nov 2014, 19:45 PM

Ignore that for the most part. It was a possibility.
Tiger Ace I never said of reintroducing. I said Relic could have done it for some cash.

ITs just, so many of these changes, some things I had no idea existed in coh and i love how you changed it like the fucking PIO antispam bullshit, But why like reduced mp start for wehr, and random damage and accuracy stuff, like MP40 is fine as is, but some of this stuff.

Wehr has no reduced manpower if you build a Tier1.

MP40 has a couple of unhealthy patterns which have been reduced in their extremeness.

3 Nov 2014, 00:29 AM

great work coh its not dead its prity alive ^^ keep up !!
3 Nov 2014, 08:23 AM

o_O

NO PE REWORK! I AGAINST HTIS! I DISAGREE! :snfBarton:
3 Nov 2014, 12:00 PM

Yes I sugest we add an Italian fAction over random faction that are SS but aren't really.
5 Nov 2014, 02:53 AM

I heard rumors of a tournament, is this true? and if so, I am looking for the few folks who use this mod.
7 Nov 2014, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 02:30 AM12ocky

Im going to Writte a Gigantic Wall of Text just to detail all of my opinions toward the changes, I dunno if this might help, but I feel like feedback would be good.
Great Change Should stay in.
Okay,I understand why, the change exists, but lets see how it plays out.
Should be removed, since doesn't add much, or anything at all, or unbalances stuff.
Full Changelog:

I didn't notice the AI reworks for the lmg gren guy who keeps jumping our of cover are they still in ?

7 Nov 2014, 15:26 PM

Sorry if you don't like something I said in the above repply, just want to help :)
8 Nov 2014, 04:33 AM

Yes I sugest we add an Italian fAction over random faction that are SS but aren't really.

Yeah but if you added an Italian faction and you wanted it to be historically accurate, its units would auto-retreat whenever attacked. Also the French. They would auto-retreat AND give all of their resource income to the other side.
8 Nov 2014, 10:53 AM

Yeah but if you added an Italian faction and you wanted it to be historically accurate, its units would auto-retreat whenever attacked. Also the French. They would auto-retreat AND give all of their resource income to the other side.

This is a lie, we all know the italians would just switch sides, and arty his allies shit.:P
9 Nov 2014, 10:40 AM

Really interesting mod. Would definitely like to see PE changed because I think they're salvageable and could still make a good faction. Brits probably aren't ever going to work unless they're rebuilt from the ground up. I'll post a proposal on how I would fix the PE sometime soon.

As for the existing changes - and I know I'm totally being the peanut gallery here - I'd trim the list down a bit. Obviously the game has a lot of issues, but there are a lot of changes that you've made that are so minor that they'll probably never have any meaningful impact on balance at all. They come across, at least to me, as bloat.
9 Nov 2014, 11:32 AM

Really interesting mod. Would definitely like to see PE changed because I think they're salvageable and could still make a good faction. Brits probably aren't ever going to work unless they're rebuilt from the ground up. I'll post a proposal on how I would fix the PE sometime soon.

As for the existing changes - and I know I'm totally being the peanut gallery here - I'd trim the list down a bit. Obviously the game has a lot of issues, but there are a lot of changes that you've made that are so minor that they'll probably never have any meaningful impact on balance at all. They come across, at least to me, as bloat.

the extra changes, also make it practically impossible to know, what changes do anything, and what changes unbalance stuff.
9 Nov 2014, 12:37 PM

Sorry if you don't like something I said in the above repply, just want to help :)

Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion. And constructive feedback is always useful.

As for the existing changes - and I know I'm totally being the peanut gallery here - I'd trim the list down a bit. Obviously the game has a lot of issues, but there are a lot of changes that you've made that are so minor that they'll probably never have any meaningful impact on balance at all

Well I know i could have left a lot of those out of the list and a person would never ever notice them.
For the sake of clarity and transparancy I wrote down every little change that was made.

The truth is most of those little changes, like Quad tables or certain weapons vs cover, are to bring them in line with their weapon class type. So a player knows exactly what to expect when firing at that unit or cover type. I think it's really important for gameplay that a unit/weapon/cover type does what you expect from it. Not that every weapon has it's own variables. (sometimes there are necessary exceptions ofc)

@Oktarnash Also I don't think you fully understand some of the changes: for example
* Grenades now throw at combat slot building
which means: they throw grenades at the combat slot of a building.
Combat slot = doorway or window or w/e the target is standing in.

* Mortars free fire (not barrage) cooldown reduced from 8-6s to 4-3sThis is kind of insane fire rate.
Nope, it's still really really slow. Just test it. There is windups and winddowns etc

Mortars aren't all that great seriously man. When was the last time you have seen a mortar be worth it's cost in high level 1v1. This is still vCoh, not campy OMG mod we are talking about.

And Italian faction? Are you trolling me? xp That's never gonna happen. At least not in this mod.

Would definitely like to see PE changed because I think they're salvageable and could still make a good faction.

I started working on it ... but haven't finished it. And I didn't/won't really go for a big redesign for a couple of reasons:
* Much work
* Much risk
* A lot of people like the way PE are today.

Just the changing of some of their timings and lower scale tweaking and tuning. A couple of tiny nerfs, some small buffs...

I didn't notice the AI reworks for the lmg gren guy who keeps jumping our of cover are they still in?

Yes.

we have a couple of thoughs, one of which is trucks not being abble to set up unless upgraded to.

That would be the way to go.

Also on another note: I disabled observer mode through fog of war for now. Because it had some 'interesting' effects on vampire HT.

9 Nov 2014, 16:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Nov 2014, 12:37 PM12ocky

Everybody is entitled to his/her own opinion. And constructive feedback is always useful.

Well I know i could have left a lot of those out of the list and a person would never ever notice them.
For the sake of clarity and transparancy I wrote down every little change that was made.
Like someone should
The truth is most of those little changes, like Quad tables or certain weapons vs cover, are to bring them in line with their weapon class type. So a player knows exactly what to expect when firing at that unit or cover type. I think it's really important for gameplay that a unit/weapon/cover type does what you expect from it. Not that every weapon has it's own variables. (sometimes there are necessary exceptions ofc)
Still doesn't account for several other changes. On the account of the bike and jeep increase vs units in cover, sometimes light cover is all that stands between dead engineers when it comes to a bike, sure they are . changes but, they might make things feel annoying or weird.
@Oktarnash Also I don't think you fully understand some of the changes: for example
* Grenades now throw at combat slot building
which means: they throw grenades at the combat slot of a building.
Combat slot = doorway or window or w/e the target is standing in.
Oh Okay
Nope, it's still really really slow. Just test it. There is windups and winddowns etc

Mortars aren't all that great seriously man. When was the last time you have seen a mortar be worth it's cost in high level 1v1. This is still vCoh, not campy OMG mod we are talking about.
Mortars are good, snipers are just better, maybe if people used them more we could be in a position to maybe change damage a little more
And Italian faction? Are you trolling me? xp That's never gonna happen. At least not in this mod.
IT NEEDS TO, god dammit :P

11 Nov 2014, 21:18 PM

how to install a mod to be able to play ??
12 Nov 2014, 14:08 PM

There is a .txt file in the download. But i'll just copy it here:

***Elite Mod: a modification for Company of Heroes/Tales of Valor***

to install the mod:

* extract all files to your Company of Heroes directory (ie C://ProgramFiles/Steam/Steamapps/Commmon/Company of heroes relaunch/)
* make a shortcut from the vCoH exe (ie RelicCOH)
* right click shortcut
* go to properties
* in the target field, after the ", add -mod elitemod
(should look something like: "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes Relaunch\RelicCOH.exe" -mod elitemod) [don't forget the space before the -mod]
* launch the mod from your custom shortcut
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment