Installation instructions

Gridkey Users:
10 Aug 2014, 07:36 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

10 Aug 2014, 07:45 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 07:36 AMcapiqua
Great. Relic should include it in COH1

Relic should use the bug fixes and nothing more since this mod includes many controversial chances.
10 Aug 2014, 11:06 AM

10 Aug 2014, 17:16 PM
Donator 22

Hey, when did this get in?
Tier 3
* Staghound MG is now similar to Greyhound MG

nice!

10 Aug 2014, 18:42 PM

I see you increased the accuracy of the pak against the M8. But what about the accuracy of the 57 vs the Puma, because i bet it still fires through them, same goes for the Recoiless rifles.
10 Aug 2014, 21:00 PM

Well that's just the way they 'are balanced out' for years now.

Fixing the collision type, would mean a huge balance shift. And would mean RR's and ATGS would have to be rebalanced read: nerfed vs PUMA.

It's just something I don't want to tackle right now. Maybe with the 4.0 version if it ever comes of it.

Despite the huge changelist, I'm aiming to NOT change fundamental aspects of the game. Just trying to tweak:
- Snipers a little less dominant (I still have a couple of small changes ideas up my sleeve, because despite the nerfs they will actually still be dominant.)
- Mortars are now viable
- Bug fixes
- Bad/useless abilities and upgrades buffed => to gain more ingame options
- General QoL improvements on units (for example the small acceleration increase on Ostwind/PanzerIV)

11 Aug 2014, 06:57 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 21:00 PM12ocky

Despite the huge changelist, I'm aiming to NOT change fundamental aspects of the game.

Maybe not fundamental aspects but you changed about every unit. I agree with this changes:

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Aug 2014, 21:00 PM12ocky

- Snipers a little less dominant (I still have a couple of small changes ideas up my sleeve, because despite the nerfs they will actually still be dominant.)
- Bug fixes

But that´s it.

You changed a lot of other stuff too. Which is ok since this is a mod and every modder can change what ever he wants. But making the mod an offical patch is a howle other story, that's going too far.

I'd be interested in knowing how many active players the mod has.
11 Aug 2014, 08:14 AM

I was wondering the same thing actually : who plays this anyway ?
Not that I don't acknowledge the work you put in this, don't get me wrong ...
12 Aug 2014, 03:42 AM

Well the hope is that it gets used in the few future tournaments there are going to take place.

Other than that it was just personal challenge trying to get a lot of potential out of the game and improving it's balance + gameplay state.

You changed a lot of other stuff too. Which is ok since this is a mod and every modder can change what ever he wants

Well true but most of these changes are just to create more options like the buffed Sherman Croc, 50mm puma upgrade, more doctrinal balance, or already anticipating on balance changes: for example:
* King Tiger turret speed from 15 to 18
This means it still has the slowest turret in the game but it will feel a little bit easier to use and I felt it was necessary because the M10 lost the misfire. Previously people pressed halt on their M10's to prevent if from misfiring, but now you'll be able to manouvre the M10 more freely. So I added in these small changes to make sure the Wehr doesn't get overwhelmed by M10 trains.
12 Aug 2014, 08:29 AM
Patrion 14

Don´t get me wrong, i appreciate the work and i like the general idea of this mod in matters of bug fixing and small balance chances. After this is achieved, and achieved means a lot of testing, it´s possible to talk about underused units and what can be done to increase their effectiveness.

I got the feeling you are too fast. There are too many changes and not enough testing. The KT chance is a good example. You make a change because of another chance you made in the past. And this is problematic.

What happens if Relic takes the mod as it is and includes it into a patch and months later it turns out that some chances were in fact a bad idea. This would finally kill CoH. I just don´t want to take this risk.

It is maybe already too late for such a mod. Not enough good players are left to test this mod and organising a tournament is nearly impossible nowadays (see the 2v2 tournament lately). It´s a pitty TNF quite. There Elite Mod tournament was a good start i think.
12 Aug 2014, 10:30 AM

thanks 12ocky and everyone involved in the development of the elitemod!

just a couple of questions, are the original bug fixes from Tommy and Kolaris (v2.4) included here? I´ve checked the original changelog and I´m missing a few, for example:

- Hellcat coaxial MG accuracy modifier against snipers fixed from 65 to 0.65
- Snipers no longer fire twice rapidly when reloading their weapon
- Inspired Assault now properly applies bonuses and penalties to MG42s and Mortars
- Inspired Assault no longer applies bonuses or penalties to Paks, Nebels, Medics, or Repair Bunker Pioneers
- Strafe no longer multiplies exponentially next to a base HQ

Also, I see automatch works, but is it possible to have a fully functional ladder? Just curious about it.
12 Aug 2014, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2014, 10:30 AMCyru$
thanks 12ocky and everyone involved in the development of the elitemod!

just a couple of questions, are the original bug fixes from Tommy and Kolaris (v2.4) included here? I´ve checked the original changelog and I´m missing a few, for example:

- Hellcat coaxial MG accuracy modifier against snipers fixed from 65 to 0.65
- Snipers no longer fire twice rapidly when reloading their weapon
- Inspired Assault now properly applies bonuses and penalties to MG42s and Mortars
- Inspired Assault no longer applies bonuses or penalties to Paks, Nebels, Medics, or Repair Bunker Pioneers
- Strafe no longer multiplies exponentially next to a base HQ

Also, I see automatch works, but is it possible to have a fully functional ladder? Just curious about it.

- Hellcat Coaxial doesn't actually exist (the weapon was designed but never placed on the model), but the change is still there :p
- Snipers Reload increased to 6 seconds (+ there was a burst-bug introduced by Kolaris, when he took out reload. but it's all fixed.)
- Inspired assault: they are there :p read again. (under doctrinal)
- Fixed a bug with HQ entities increasing accuracy increment, these entities are now neutral
12 Aug 2014, 12:20 PM

- The ladder is the same one as the actual leaderboards, that's how people used to 'hack' the leaderboards by playing automatch vs each other in a MOD.
12 Aug 2014, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2014, 08:29 AMFanatic

There are too many changes and not enough testing.

It is maybe already too late for such a mod. Not enough good players are left to test this mod and organising a tournament is nearly impossible nowadays (see the 2v2 tournament lately). It´s a pitty TNF quite. There Elite Mod tournament was a good start i think.

- But do you really believe I don't realize that? And therefore I did take into account the risk of the more 'drastic' changes.

- Yup but EM is about the last chance this game has, to get a breath of fresh air.
12 Aug 2014, 15:45 PM

this mod should become official patch. but before that Relic give it a month of beta testing to sort things out. I I agree with what Fanatic said but there are a lot of good changes in the mod also like the buffed mortars.

Anyway truth is, beta testing is require before going official and only relic can help us with that. Nobody is going to try the mod unless is a beta patch.

But what is this: 57mm atg tracking speed from 18 to 25?
12 Aug 2014, 16:08 PM

I will tell you a secret: Nobody is gonna play the beta, if there would be one...
13 Aug 2014, 21:15 PM
Donator 22

but some nobodies also make a good party. I would join.
13 Aug 2014, 21:21 PM

I will tell you a secret: Nobody is gonna play the beta, if there would be one...

There is a beta ... so what are you trying to say?

Well if the beta actually had Elite Mod people would have an incentive to play the beta. As it gives a refreshed feel to the game. Now there is like no single feature in the Beta that encourages people to play it.
16 Aug 2014, 08:06 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Looking great! Thanks for all your work. We cast a lot of Company of Heroes 2 but we're looking to cast some more Company of Heroes 1. I'd rather shoutcast Elite mod so if anyone has some good games get them to send me their replays so we can make a shoutcast to YouTube.

This is our Youtube.

What's the best way to get in contact with the players of Elite mod?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS