Login

russian armor

OKW death blob

9 Aug 2014, 06:51 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Spam OKW: Before someone has said: Maxim spam, Mass snipers, or shock blobs

Heavy tanks: The way to win against heavy tank, is taking advantage of resources or a superior numbers of tanks, this is hard to occur. So any Soviet tank lose against these units. I recommend 2/3 ZIS and well protected
9 Aug 2014, 08:40 AM

Ive found that Zis are more of a liability than anything against the blob of doom due to the blobs sheer output of damage and multidirectional attacks unless you are just spamming maxims to cover all your flanks you will get overrun and they will steal it.

And if you are that static they are gonna fucking own you with that rocket mortar thing they have (best mortar in the game) or the stuka.

Also it doesnt help they can really press their map control with their medic station and flak building.
9 Aug 2014, 08:45 AM

I found that pressing the attack and bleeding your opponent will make blobs less deadly. If you have good map control, keep attacking the OKW. If you bleed them enough, you force them to keep reinforcing squads and it delays their upgrades. It almost forces them to keeping using blobs. After continuous pressure, you can save enough to bring in the arty or call in tanks

Considering the Soviets lose in pretty much every 1v1 situation I don't really remember the last time I really pressed the attack. Maybe a bit with an M3 but that is about it.

At least from my experience I pretty much play defensive every game against them.
9 Aug 2014, 12:30 PM

Cons supported by Maxim into doctrinal infantry works well for me.
You need to remember however that Maxim requires a lot of micro and you will have to re position 2-3 times per engagement. Spamming Maxims is easier but makes you more vulnerable to counters (in terms of 1v1, team games your team mate should cover for you).
Later when you see OKW player went for Jagdpanzers go for T4 and use SU-85. Use Katyusha to soften OKW defenses or barrage infantry on approach.
One more thing, early game make sure you prioritize Sturmpioneers over Volks, if you see OKW player spamming SP go Shocks, if you see more Volks go Guards.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★