Login

russian armor

Luftwaffe Medical Supplies Broken

7 Aug 2014, 13:33 PM

I just recently played a game where a guy just held off my cut off with 2 pioneer squad and 2-3 grenadiers early game. This wouldn't normally be a problem, but he called in medic drops early on. Course' I can't pick them up and I know that, but what alarmed me more was that the rate of healing and defensive bonuses he gained. His units continued to heal during battle and stopped losing models despite engaging 4 conscripts. He called in another medic drop to continue this freak buff and healing. It would be neigh impossible to break through the line without snipers or something that can guarantee model losses. I know Wehrmacht is in a difficult spot right now, but this is not a minor oversight and it needs to be looked at.

Replay
7 Aug 2014, 15:26 PM

I've encountered the same thing. They seemed impossible to kill with green cover and the bonuses. Felt a bit like the old hit the dirt. Would like to know how to counter this early game.
7 Aug 2014, 20:46 PM

There's also other thing about the medical supplies... since your enemies can't pick them up, you can use them as tank traps, and block choke points on some maps with indestructible obstacles.
7 Aug 2014, 20:51 PM

only thing broken about them is their collision and sight

they are fine otherwise
8 Aug 2014, 04:43 AM

Relic: make them able to be picked up by the enemy again and this problem is solved.
8 Aug 2014, 09:08 AM

They cannot be picked by the enemy? I know they could. Something changed meanwhile?
8 Aug 2014, 09:12 AM

Why are you even considering them not being able to be picked up to not be a bug?

Its obviously a bug, part of risk vs reward is possibility of enemy to steal them.
nee
8 Aug 2014, 09:16 AM

Lame they can't be picked up; if you are driven off they should be able to use them, it's not like the bandages can only be read in German and requires intellectual knowledge to use.

They do have hitpoints though, which I think is very high for wooden crates of bandaging.
8 Aug 2014, 10:09 AM

yea i lost to this yesterday, it gives a massive buff and i couldnt even pick it up....
8 Aug 2014, 10:25 AM

Yeah the fact that your enemy can't pick em up is bullshit. Indestructible tank traps on chokepoint maps is gg right there.
8 Aug 2014, 10:37 AM

Supplies not being able to be picked by opponents is such BS. In a 2v2 I had, my Ostheer opponent kept feeding his OKW teammate fuel drops. I even overran the dropzone, with 5 fuel creates lying around, but couldn't pick them up. 5 minutes later, there was a KT out.
8 Aug 2014, 15:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 10:25 AMZtormi
Yeah the fact that your enemy can't pick em up is bullshit. Indestructible tank traps on chokepoint maps is gg right there.

It's totally fine and working as intended. I had a game yesterday vs 7 Maxims and 3 Stormtrooper blobs. Guess what saved the day?

EDIT - not my actual opinion, pointing out flaws in other people's arguments.
8 Aug 2014, 15:46 PM

8 Aug 2014, 15:46 PM

It's totally fine and working as intended. I had a game yesterday vs 7 Maxims and 3 Stormtrooper blobs. Guess what saved the day?

Infantry can still get pass them so I don't really see your point. I'd be fine with them if a) they were destructible or b) they can be picked up. It's just the fact that they are blocking vehicles.
8 Aug 2014, 15:55 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

yeah nobody is saying they shouldn't give the bonuses they do. There just needs to be a way for your opponent to get rid of them somehow. Stealing or destroying would both be fine, and would not hugely affect your own ability to use them.
8 Aug 2014, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 15:46 PMZtormi

Infantry can still get pass them so I don't really see your point. I'd be fine with them if a) they were destructible or b) they can be picked up. It's just the fact that they are blocking vehicles.

My point is that it's a problem, it needs to be fixed but it's possible to write your argument from another thread "it saved me therefore it's ok". I was hoping you'd see that it's not a strong argument.
8 Aug 2014, 16:17 PM

Luftwaffe Supply Doc may also be a little OP in 2v2 games. My partner held his fuel as OKW and i dropped fuel supplies there, in 15-16 mins a KIngtiger was out.. Saved everything.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/21967/insane-1-vp-victory
Vaz
8 Aug 2014, 16:18 PM

I would like to know the bonuses that are applied

I remember being able to pick these up when the commander was introduced. I don't know when it changed, but it's really dumb that I can't pick them up when I drive the enemy away. I had one guy help his okw partner with it, but not even close to the abuse described by the OP.
8 Aug 2014, 16:22 PM

Anyone got the stats on what these do?
Because boy, my rifles just seemed to melt in front of them!!

At the moment they are pretty broken as you can be really really aggressive with your drop and win the first engagement with 2-3 grens...

Ofc the lack of a heavy tank at the end is a downside but I'm against any doctrine giving this much of an effect on the very early game.

I would raise to 1cp and allow hostile factions to pick up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★