Login

russian armor

miragefla's Wehrmacht/Ostheer Balance Ideas and Suggestions

11 Aug 2014, 18:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

No Mod called, at this point in time OK? :)

But I can see from when I last posted,that someone has invised a few posts.....I could do so now, but pro tem, I am happy the OP is policing his own the thread, which ideally is how it should run....please respect his guidance.

Back to respectful discussion, sabres sheathed...kk? :)

11 Aug 2014, 18:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 16:21 PMGreeb

Cmon! 5 maxims?? And you can't win as Ostheer against a dude who did 5 maxims??

Have you ever heard about smoke?

Team match ,lol..and i said 3-5.In a 1 vs 1 5 maxims would be cake.Team game 3-5 maxims are nightmare when complimented by temamate.Especially in urban maps its near unbeatable early on.
11 Aug 2014, 19:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Massive micro fail in the first one from Sov. And that was the MG suppression bulletin period, which lasted for 1 patch. Without the bulletin at that point, Maxim actually was BETTER at suppressing than the MG42, and for like the preceeding 6months.

In the second, during that same period, imagine how impossible it was to decrew a 6man Maxim with Grens at close range. So yeah, again, not really.

Furthermore, there is no danger of either of these happening as a result of what is suggested in OP.
So no relevance really.

1- I´m just showing how OP MG42 where at the beggining of the game which seems you are trying to deny.
2- I think we are forgetting that you were able to field MORE MG42 than maxims due to T2 cost and initial mp. Thats the reason most opening besides con spam were not as viable due to conceding the map to your opponent.

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 09:16 AMJaigen

The first one the mg42 was supported and in the second he was forced to retreat. lets use see what the maxim can do

3- Sigh. I didn´t mention on any moment that maxim wasn´t OP at ANY ITERATION of the game. Showing another OP unit isn´t a good counterargument to disprove the performance of either unit.

4- Maxim spam was followed by FHT rush into cut off = GG

Conclusion: MG42 was REALLY OP. Maxim was OP.

Stuka AT Support: Needs to act like the P-47 where it only goes after armour in the target area, not the infantry unless absolutely no armour is in the area. Sure it can suppress and kill one-two members off, but that's not why we call it in, and it already has its troubles like the P-47 which is tracking and hitting moving units so it should at least hit the intended target(s).

I think that is how IT´S SUPPOSED to work since some of the different tweak this ability has received. "Problem" maybe you are perceiving is when the plane has already targetted an infantry unit (cause there was no armor) and then armor shows up on the zone. Or just keep improving targetting.

Regarding original post:
-Panzergrenadiers: i think the unit on itself is fine. Problem is the ease of use and performance of specialized weapon. If i´m forced to see a change, i´ll rather see them at 320mp (from 340mp). Is their reinforcement cost still 45mp or 40mp ?
-Osstruppen: i would just reduce their cost.

I want to add something:

Mechanized groups: moved to 2CP. AND i would rather see a fuel decrease to 20-25 with a little hp reduction to compensate.
11 Aug 2014, 20:19 PM

Why is Greeb answering questions directed to Katitof?

Just curious.

Sorry mirage. Its a shame the thread is getting derailed by people who dont actually even play the faction.

Please, go to troll elsewhere.

And getting back to the topic, the suggestion about picking up and retreating support weapons should be addressed. A lot of hmgs and mortars are lost in this game by silly moves while picking up.

The rest of suggestions seem sensible, but I don't see why StuG should have small target size.
It is hard enough to penetrate its frontal armour to add up less target size. And I also disagree with lowering panzerwerfer recharge time, it does good damage and it has a recharge time akin to all mobile artyllery.
11 Aug 2014, 20:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ Cannonade: you mod on Kreattir's twitch channel.

Accordingly, I assume you well know the basics? Kindly stop the harassment, and encourage this thread to develop peacefully, in spite of the fact some posters do/do not accord with your world view. KK? Just asking :) (as an alternative to invising :( )

12 Aug 2014, 00:28 AM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 20:19 PMGreeb

The rest of suggestions seem sensible, but I don't see why StuG should have small target size.
It is hard enough to penetrate its frontal armour to add up less target size. And I also disagree with lowering panzerwerfer recharge time, it does good damage and it has a recharge time akin to all mobile artyllery.

Hence the word delusional change because it's not really needed, I just want it back since it was in a patch ages ago near the start of CoH 2 with the StuG was SU-85 lite, but its armour is not that hard to penetrate, especially since it was bumped down to 140.

and the PW, it was more "if T4 is not changed to make it more viable, something needs to stick out" since prior to the changes, the PW was kind of the only real thing that one would want, aside from the odd Panther that has its problems.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★