Login

russian armor

Balance issues currently facing the game

7 Aug 2014, 23:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Aug 2014, 22:37 PMsteel
I agree with most of them except the Panzergrenadiers. If used well these guys are legendary. I have sent countless number of Riflemen, Conscripts, MG team, AT guns and mortars packing. I've only failed to send one squad packing. That was the shock troops squad

You do have to treat them with kid gloves until they reach vet 2, as they are quite fragile for their cost until then. But yeah, they can easily flank and turn a fight around. And once they get vet 3, with supporting LMG Grens? Let the carnage commence, nothing short of vet 3 Shocks or double 1919 Paras can survive.

Against shock troops I just tend to mix a flame pio among my Grens until they get their LMGs and vet.

Bottom line is, Ostheer is a very good faction that is solid at all stages of the game. They have a blind spot in T4 but if you play your cards right you don't really need it anyway.
8 Aug 2014, 01:38 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

EDIT: it´s a shame since i was going to adress some missconceptions (like Guards "Armor") but then i saw your post on the other thread.

Are there issues with the game. Yes. But from your posts it seems either a bias towards a faction or the need to learn some "deep" knowledge" on how the game works.

You do have to treat them with kid gloves until they reach vet 2, as they are quite fragile for their cost until then. But yeah, they can easily flank and turn a fight around. And once they get vet 3, with supporting LMG Grens? Let the carnage commence, nothing short of vet 3 Shocks or double 1919 Paras can survive.

Problem is damage dropoff and the need of "meatshield". Against soviets are fine, problem starts with rifles with double weapons.

No offence, but thats rather ironic considering your playercard which is entirely Sov.

Not to be offensive but, would you kindly show us your playercard? Why criticize when you don´t show it yourself.
8 Aug 2014, 01:44 AM

Permanently Banned

Yea! this game is favored against aXis RIGHT?
8 Aug 2014, 03:25 AM

Permanently Banned

That has nothing to do with balance. You posting this is completely foolish. Its a combination of everyone likes playing the bad guy and also the boring nature of play for allied nations.
8 Aug 2014, 03:45 AM

Permanently Banned

Against shock troops I just tend to mix a flame pio among my Grens until they get their LMGs and vet.

Bottom line is, Ostheer is a very good faction that is solid at all stages of the game. They have a blind spot in T4 but if you play your cards right you don't really need it anyway.

OH have no answer to shocks or guards atm. :( Pgs nerf just did it for them...
8 Aug 2014, 04:24 AM

Shock spam has seen a resurgence indeed.With lmg 42 grens being only ost inf in team games i see this is very brutal often.They close using the smoke grenade 2 shocks can in this way defeat 4 grens.As long as shocks force gren to move with smoke or grenade,they will comfy win that fight even if outnumbered 2 to 1.

My main issue with ostheer- total lack of late game armor options..wake me up when elfant and panther gets fixed.Add to that no infantry save grens.Till then enjoy maximspam and complain abt OKW,lol ..when everybody knows they are helpless vs snipers and struggle vs maxims.

Soviets are the most powerful and versatile faction atm by far,not OKW..because of the number of strategies they can employ using their commanders.Going t3 or t4 hardly makes a diff,as the commander choice dictates soviet gameplay.Americans are more balanced..except the 7 min halftrack and easy eight cost.Their AT gun could use a buff actually.
8 Aug 2014, 04:35 AM

That has nothing to do with balance. You posting this is completely foolish. Its a combination of everyone likes playing the bad guy and also the boring nature of play for allied nations.

Do you honestly believe that balance is not even a contributing factor? I understand wanting to play Axis because they are cool. I can understand a 60% margin for that reason. But literally 96% in 4v4 is 0% because of balance? The reason people don't want to play allies in team games is solely because they're not "cool" and not because of how utterly superior axis are in team games? Are you not willing to admit that it's at least a contributing factor?

Especially since your initial post is almost all buffs for Axis and nerfs for Allies, why would people not lean towards the faction that balance favors- especially only 4% of people?
8 Aug 2014, 04:40 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 04:35 AMKothre

Do you honestly believe that balance is not even a contributing factor? I understand wanting to play Axis because they are cool. I can understand a 60% margin for that reason. But literally 96% in 4v4 is 0% because of balance? The reason people don't want to play allies in team games is solely because they're not "cool" and not because of how utterly superior axis are in team games? Are you not willing to admit that it's at least a contributing factor?

Especially since your initial post is almost all buffs for Axis and nerfs for Allies, why would people not lean towards the faction that balance favors- especially only 4% of people?

Just because you take a screenshot for a slit second in time does not make it legit. I have just played now and its was 60% to axis 40% allies .This has nothging to do with balance anyhow. Its a stupid discussion.
8 Aug 2014, 04:41 AM

Permanently Banned
Shock spam has seen a resurgence indeed.With lmg 42 grens being only ost inf in team games i see this is very brutal often.They close using the smoke grenade 2 shocks can in this way defeat 4 grens.As long as shocks force gren to move with smoke or grenade,they will comfy win that fight even if outnumbered 2 to 1.

My main issue with ostheer- total lack of late game armor options..wake me up when elfant and panther gets fixed.Add to that no infantry save grens.Till then enjoy maximspam and complain abt OKW,lol ..when everybody knows they are helpless vs snipers and struggle vs maxims.

Soviets are the most powerful and versatile faction atm by far,not OKW..because of the number of strategies they can employ using their commanders.Going t3 or t4 hardly makes a diff,as the commander choice dictates soviet gameplay.Americans are more balanced..except the 7 min halftrack and easy eight cost.Their AT gun could use a buff actually.

And that is why sovs have flourished in WFA and OH have not. So many strategies and units to cheese or spam. OH have well. Grens and thats it and they are rather average.
8 Aug 2014, 04:47 AM

Just because you take a screenshot for a slit second in time does not make it legit. I have just played now and its was 60% to axis 40% allies .This has nothging to do with balance anyhow. Its a stupid discussion.

It's usually always 60%-80%. 80% is still quite common, and that's a huge difference. You still didn't really answer my question. This game has thousands of players- do you believe that given the sample size, the only reason people overwhelmingly play Axis is because people like to play the bad guys, and that balance has no factor in this whatsoever?
8 Aug 2014, 05:00 AM

Kothre, when I play I usually see more like 60-40. Depends on time zone I think.
8 Aug 2014, 05:02 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2014, 04:47 AMKothre

It's usually always 60%-80%. 80% is still quite common, and that's a huge difference. You still didn't really answer my question. This game has thousands of players- do you believe that given the sample size, the only reason people overwhelmingly play Axis is because people like to play the bad guys, and that balance has no factor in this whatsoever?

Mate, if jesulin and Helping hans are struggling with soviet player 10 ranks lower. Then something is wrong. ATM balance is horribly scewed in favour of allies. Sovs due to diverse cheese tactics and units, and US in early game brute strength.

The % you mention is simply due to bordem with the faction. Sovs and Americans are very very boring to play and easy to use and have OP units. Its not a challenge, psychologically people would like to overcome difficulty so hence you are seeing more axis players.
8 Aug 2014, 05:24 AM

earlier today when i was playing it was more allies than axis, so i'd say it favors allies actually.
8 Aug 2014, 14:10 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW has zero counters to Soviet sniper.
8 Aug 2014, 14:35 PM

the reason axis is popular in 3V3+?
- because I live in the german timezone (worldcup football finals and all of a sudden 80% allies searching)

- because they are stronger than allies in 3V3+, always have been

8 Aug 2014, 14:47 PM

OH have no answer to shocks or guards atm. :( Pgs nerf just did it for them...

Well positioned MGs.

Spaced out LMG grens.

Supporting flame pios.

Any vehicle of any sort.

All of these available at T2. If you expect to just be able to easily win against a doctrinal, 390 MP elite infantry that is close range only and can only hurt infantry with your basic troops, well, you're gonna have a bad time. I counters Shocks all the time and good opponents counter my Shocks. They're good, but you have all the answers you need.
8 Aug 2014, 18:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While discussing balance using numbers of people playing X faction is kinda silly, you can´t deny that theres more people searching for axis rather than allies.

-This applies mostly to teamgames. 1v1 is a bit more "fair" most of the time with the exception of...
-...a slight variation depending of the balance. It was stupid (waiting time) trying to play axis during the march patch.
-Due to nature of inflation of resources on 3v3+, axis has always been better on such gamemodes. Eventhough it has been balanced on the last patches (Opel trucks + Panther spam).
-18:00/22:00 GMT 2v2 ±60-90% axis
22:00/01:00 GMT 2v2 ±50-60% axis
8 Aug 2014, 23:28 PM

Permanently Banned
Sniper vs OKW needs to be addressed. No counter atm once stuka fire BartonPL just retreat his snipers.
8 Aug 2014, 23:35 PM

Mate, if jesulin and Helping hans are struggling with soviet player 10 ranks lower. Then something is wrong. ATM balance is horribly scewed in favour of allies. Sovs due to diverse cheese tactics and units, and US in early game brute strength.

The % you mention is simply due to bordem with the faction. Sovs and Americans are very very boring to play and easy to use and have OP units. Its not a challenge, psychologically people would like to overcome difficulty so hence you are seeing more axis players.

Luchs is the counter to soviet snipers. Like it or not, that or the Flak HT. Or flanking but hey.

Just because Barton is a lower rank than Hans or Jesulin doesn't mean anything. Barton is a great player. "He uses cheese strategy" He uses a winning strategy. He knows the OKW weaknesses and exploits them. It's hard to counter because it's an effective strat. Guards hold off the armor while snipers keep up a MP bleed.

Ostheer have plenty of options to deal with guards and shocks. Sov vs Ost is pretty balanced, it's factions like Ost vs USF that need to be looked at.

Soviet factions has nothing that has to be nerfed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★