Login

russian armor

Soft anti blob needed? How CoH handles small arms and blobs.

7 Aug 2014, 00:12 AM

What about giving blobbed units an increased received accuracy? It would solve the problem once and for all.
7 Aug 2014, 01:39 AM

What about giving blobbed units an increased received accuracy? It would solve the problem once and for all.

I would give that and a vet penalty.
7 Aug 2014, 05:25 AM

...I would like to see MG damage upped slightly vs suppressed squads, and then ramped up again vs pinned squads.

This. Once suppressed, force squads to retreat sooner. Four suppressed Riflemen with a couple BARs thrown in can still do some serious DPS. That's fine...but make them pay in manpower or a lost squad if they stick around too long. This would require legit flanks to be coordinated as well, instead of "Oh my Conscripts just got suppressed and pinned, they can just hang out there while I bring this squad from halfway across the map to flank the MG."

I just don't understand where all the "blobbing is a legitimate strategy" thought comes from when the things that are supposed to counter blobs don't do it effectively. And it's not a matter of people thinking that their 1 MG should counter 4 squads. I understand that two squads can flank and beat my MG, IF USED PROPERLY...and I'm okay with that. It's really just a matter of requiring players to play the game with a little more thought and skill if they want to be successful.

7 Aug 2014, 10:44 AM

Disable BAR and MG34 ability to fire on the move....or make Grens and Guards fire lmg's too when running around like retarded monkeys
7 Aug 2014, 10:47 AM

Disable BAR and MG34 ability to fire on the move....or make Grens and Guards fire lmg's too when running around like retarded monkeys

BAR isn't LMG, its more similar to assault rifle, so unless you want to make sturmpios/PGs to not fire on the move, there is not a single reason why BARs shouldn't too.
I'm talking about game, so "but IRL!" crowd can show themselves to the doors.
7 Aug 2014, 14:51 PM

Me and my partner started going USF + Soviet where we get an ISU-152. Funny thing is, our opponents seem to have no idea what to do without their blobs.

Short of an ISU-152 though, I really dunno. :P

I'm not very good, but I've enjoying t2/4 and getting SU76s. They need an accuracy buff imho but 2-3 of them will wreck infantry blobs.

I mention t2/t4 because you pretty much need AT guns to supplement your su85/t3485 etch if you're getting su76s
7 Aug 2014, 22:17 PM
Donator 22

I've read through about half of this thread and didn't see the obvious solution to stopping blobs cold.

Anti Personnel Mines and Demo Charges.

(I'm SUPER hopeful we will see a return of the Goliath in the future.)

8 Aug 2014, 03:27 AM

Permanently Banned

Would be great but i think what is defined as a blob will be difficult to change in game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 63
unknown 4
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak