Login

russian armor

Surviving in Stalingrad as Germany?

5 Aug 2014, 06:20 AM

This Soviet map is basically the best map for CQC, yeah I hate it return because it breaks the balance favouring all CQC units (aka 80% of Allies infantry) and totally fuck up MG and ATG. Awful deathtrap for the Ostheer, after piospam no longer work, but seems like OKW can stand some chance.

Volks / Grens are totally a shit there, there is too much covers letting Rifles / Cons march into their face perfectly safe and facerape them, even worse when there is shocks. MG42 / MG34 are closed to worthless here. Assgren are shitty. Elite / Opel doctrine possibly the best doctrine as Ostheer. Breakthrough / salvage doctrine possibly the best doctrine as OKW.

Sturmpio spam does not scale at all and bleed way toooooo much manpower. 2 of them would be enough.

G43 Gren / Panzerfusilier / Jager light infantry, those guys are the only good CQC infantry Germany have, and able to scale to late game, but they have problems against giant allies blob. PG may helps but they are too squishy.

Uncuttable wire spam making enemy movements more predictable, spam mines can help but after sweeper is out it may not worth the investment, especially you need more ammo for the G43 spam.

Panzer II, Puma, Ostwind, Stug E/G, Tiger I, could be the best vehicle in this shit of craprumble.

But I still have a lot of trouble handling USF M8A1, their pinpoint accuracy and ignoring shot blocker ability making them extremely OP here. You can't really ensnare it with faust/AT nade without taking high casualty, with addition of "GTFO and apply instant superglue" making the ensnare useless. Puma can't really fight them in close range.

Even worse when facing IS2 here, the only viable counter OKW can offer, Jadgpanzer IV, is worthless here.

Any pro strategy you can share?

5 Aug 2014, 06:49 AM

As you've said, try the unbuilt wire spam.

It's the best chance you have as Ost IMO.

Force them into LMG killzones
5 Aug 2014, 06:58 AM

Veto that map.
Don't know why they brought it back to the mappool.
5 Aug 2014, 08:01 AM

Veto that map.

Someone seems neglecting my spoiler tab. :(
5 Aug 2014, 08:12 AM

Veto that map.
Check out the spoiler.

I'm not pro.
Back on topic, I find that upgrades for grens are necessary (G43/LMG42)
G43 if you want to play aggressively or LMG42 if you want to go for higher dps. The LMG really only works for fights in the southern part so G43 is your best bet. Rifle nades are not that useful since most buildings there are large and might require multiple nades to kill something. IS2 I haven't had experience fighting yet only KV8s.
5 Aug 2014, 09:07 AM

Bfff... the only shit that may work as OKW, is scavenge doctrine... JLI + ostwind.
5 Aug 2014, 10:03 AM

Porygon; add me on steam and we can practice on this map if you want to(same name).

The problem is if your soviet opponent has KV1s/shocks or PPSHs you are screwed, same with the USF blob.
5 Aug 2014, 10:28 AM

Luchs can work as well, it is amazing if they are spamming con's/shocks/rifles with no zooks.
Only thing that let's it down, like all other tanks, is the vehicle pathing.
5 Aug 2014, 10:35 AM

It strikes me that the complaints are about a map which doesn't conform to the strengths of German units (long range in general) are more to do with having to take on something that doesn't suit them rather than because it gives them an advantage. You don't see allied players complaining much about wide open maps which give German units piles of advantages ( Langres, Steppes to name two opposing examples)
5 Aug 2014, 10:48 AM

Marco, one sees "Allied" players complaining about these maps all the time. Most people here play both sides anyways.
With that being said:
As Wehr: Assgrens or Piospam in conjunction with aggressive teching. You want a P IV out as fast as humanely possible.
I have no experience with OKW on this map, but I reckon double Sturmpios with Luft (Fallis) or fortifications (S-mines) would be viable.
5 Aug 2014, 10:51 AM

Fair enough, I've not been playing 1v1s for ages, they just aren't fun for me anymore.
5 Aug 2014, 10:52 AM

It strikes me that the complaints are about a map which doesn't conform to the strengths of German units (long range in general) are more to do with having to take on something that doesn't suit them rather than because it gives them an advantage. You don't see allied players complaining much about wide open maps which give German units piles of advantages ( Langres, Steppes to name two opposing examples)

I have not even a single problem playing Langres as US or Soviet, it was my best map back in vCOH with all 4 faction (all around top 100-200).
5 Aug 2014, 22:45 PM

Permanently Banned
The low range action have much more "fast lost" than long range, this map is trully bad for axis, need more vetos for 1v1. Because the german's dont get chance with this map, only assault grens making early game win (and still the german loose on way if you not win by points on the 10~15 minutes).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★