Login

russian armor

Late game, what is best upgrade for Grens?

4 Aug 2014, 22:51 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I know there have been many threads about the G43 v. LMG42 upgrade, but, in the game's current state, does the LMG42 make the grens scale better late game than the G43? Which do people prefer?

I use Elite and/or Lightning War most of the time (got the latter in a war spoils drop. YES!) so I usually have the G43 option, and tend to choose them because they are cheaper.

Is it a good idea to have 1 Gren with LMG42 as a fire support, and have the G43 grens cover-hopping?

Lastly, I'd prefer 1v1 advice, but if you've got tips on 1v1 and 2v2 feel free to share.
4 Aug 2014, 22:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

The advantage of the LMG42 is long range damage. In the current state of the game, dealing damage at long range is worth more than dealing it at close. This is because advancing squads are more likely to loose models than a long-range squad in cover, making assault squads less useful.

On top of that, the LMG still does decent damage at close range.

Unless your strat involves lots of Grens (4+), stick with LMG42. If you go heavy T1 with lots of grens, you can perhaps specialize some with LMG42 and some with G43.
5 Aug 2014, 04:10 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2014, 22:57 PMOhme
The advantage of the LMG42 is long range damage. In the current state of the game, dealing damage at long range is worth more than dealing it at close. This is because advancing squads are more likely to loose models than a long-range squad in cover, making assault squads less useful.

On top of that, the LMG still does decent damage at close range.

Unless your strat involves lots of Grens (4+), stick with LMG42. If you go heavy T1 with lots of grens, you can perhaps specialize some with LMG42 and some with G43.

Thank you very much. Since my question is answered, you could probably go along and close the thread. I know what I need to know and you elaborated and explained why and it was very prompt!! :) :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 24
Netherlands 5
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak