Login

russian armor

Decrease please the Anti Air efficiency of OKW..

1 Aug 2014, 11:28 AM

You should be happy your tier 4 building can shoot aircraft at all. Everyone else has to build AA units.

And you don't have to fight that god damned ostheer strafe run that lasts forever
1 Aug 2014, 17:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2014, 07:20 AMBurts

long text.

And, everyone is a historian these days. You talk like you know everything about World War 2 yet I see misinformation in many places.

"No they didint really have alot of elite troops at all. German quality of troops was best in 1941, then got worse and worse starting from 1942, this is nothing unusual, they simply died fighting."

Panzer lehr, Fallshirmjeagers, 2nd SS das reich, Grossdeutchland still elite, just to name a few. They were still top quality and even better equipped than they were in 1942, and they were able to performed well against the allies until being overwhelmed. When many veterans die, there are still others to take their place. They were still more elite and better trained than the Allied armies they have gone up against.

"Wehrmachts heavy usaage of MG 42 was suprisingly, also reflected in the game"

Yes, the Germans used their MG a lot but guess who used their MGs even more often. THE ALLIES!

America alone has produced more than 2x more MGs than all the Axis forces put together. The Soviet soldiers made a lot more MGs than the German army as well. If at all the Allies have more MGs per soldier than the German army, yet, that isn't reflected in vCoH.

BTW, the Soviets had many more artillery, but who fired more artillery rounds during the war? The Germans! The Germans were better at keeping their artillery alive than the Soviets so they are able to fire more rounds. Seeing so much Off map Arty from the Germans isn't so far off, but should Soviets have more artillery abilities? Sure, but the B4 doesn't suck at all.

1 Aug 2014, 18:02 PM

And, everyone is a historian these days. You talk like you know everything about World War 2 yet I see misinformation in many places.

"No they didint really have alot of elite troops at all. German quality of troops was best in 1941, then got worse and worse starting from 1942, this is nothing unusual, they simply died fighting."

Panzer lehr, Fallshirmjeagers, 2nd SS das reich, Grossdeutchland still elite, just to name a few. They were still top quality and even better equipped than they were in 1942, and they were able to performed well against the allies until being overwhelmed. When many veterans die, there are still others to take their place. They were still more elite and better trained than the Allied armies they have gone up against.

"Wehrmachts heavy usaage of MG 42 was suprisingly, also reflected in the game"

Yes, the Germans used their MG a lot but guess who used their MGs even more often. THE ALLIES!

America alone has produced more than 2x more MGs than all the Axis forces put together. The Soviet soldiers made a lot more MGs than the German army as well. If at all the Allies have more MGs per soldier than the German army, yet, that isn't reflected in vCoH.

BTW, the Soviets had many more artillery, but who fired more artillery rounds during the war? The Germans! The Germans were better at keeping their artillery alive than the Soviets so they are able to fire more rounds. Seeing so much Off map Arty from the Germans isn't so far off, but should Soviets have more artillery abilities? Sure, but the B4 doesn't suck at all.

Ok, please inform me, where did these elite soldiers come from? From the dead? They were called "elite" because they received the best equipment. Most of these divisions were completely annihilated and reffited many times. Also, i don't really see how germans were better kept at keeping their artillery alive while their armies were constantly being trashed around in 1944.
And indeed, about the MG, it is reflected in vcoh, because a single rifle squad got 2 bars.
Like i said, soviets also had alot of light machine guns, yet in this game , they are given only to "elite gaurds" , or strangely, partisans.

And by heavy mg42 usage, is that the germans relied on their machine guns. In the game, volksgrenadiers couldn't really stand up to rifles, only in long range, and with bars volksgrenadiers would get shredded. Of course in vcoh there were also grenadiers, but they were another story.

Please link me to a source where you say germany fired more shells, i would definately like to see it.

Oh and i'm not really being aggresive,if you got other sources, please link them. Right now whenever i see,i see that the soviets had a very considerable artillery advantage.
And the germans made plenty of machine guns, i looked at wikipedia, now i know it's usually not a very reliable source,but i found that germans made some 400000 mg 42s and over 550000 mg 34s. So plenty of machine guns there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS