Login

russian armor

Suppression and the calculations behind it

24 Jul 2014, 22:50 PM
Donator 11

How does the suppression get calculated in Coh2?

Especially the area supression would be very interesting to know.

For example the Mg42 seems to have a far superior area supression while the Maxim often takes ages to even suppress a second squad next to the first one.

How does this get calculated?

Thanks guys!

25 Jul 2014, 00:07 AM
Donator 11

Not sure but a number of factors govern it including the suppression value for the weapon, the type of cover the unit is in and even the veterancy of the unit being fired at. Supression becomes increasingly likely each burst.

This is really a question for the devs or someone like Milka- perhaps they will chime in

25 Jul 2014, 00:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I know the theory but i would leave the "experts" to explain it. Don´t want to spread info with inconsistency.

MG42 has a bigger area supression (?) while also having some modifiers with the amount of entities on it´s arc. The bigger the blob, the faster the supression.

@Anyone who is a sage with stats: i remember reading that aiming the mg at a tank will supress faster squads which where nearby.
25 Jul 2014, 03:29 AM

basically there are thresholds that must be reached cause the suppressed and pinned status. a squad must have a total of .2 suppression to be suppressed and .6 to be pinned. a squads amount of suppresion goes down slowly over time when not being fired upon.

mgs have a few stats specific to suppression and aoe suppression. first there is the suppression per shot. there is also a multiplier that reduces amount of suppression for nearby squads. finally, there is the suppression radius.

all shots from mgs give direct suppression, regardless of if they hit or miss. this makes determining direct suppression per second fairly easy to calculate. it is simply, shots per second multiplied by suppression. to determine how fast an mg suppresses, you would divide .2 by that direct suppression calculation. the formulas look like this:

(shots per second* suppression)= direct suppression per second
.2/direct suppression per second = time to suppress

time to pin requires another modifier (suppressed units take reduced suppression) so it would be .4 divided by direct suppression per second multiplied by the suppressed suppression modifier. add that to your time to suppress and you have to total time to pin. (you use .4 instead of .6 because the suppressed squad already has .2 suppression)

time to suppress + (.4/ direct suppression per second * suppressed modifier) = time to pin

if you guys are really that interested, i can continue on to aoe suppression, but i think i may start going over some peoples heads. also, like elchino said, the mg42 adds further complications to aoe suppression because its accuracy changes based on how many entities its targeting. this means it will suppress 3 con squads faster than it would suppress 2.
25 Jul 2014, 07:36 AM
Donator 11

wooof
Thank you very much! That is basically what I was hoping to get info about!

And I would be very interested in the Area Suppression Effects too! Since thats what makes the Maxim and the Mg42 so vastly different.

Its really interesting to know that mgs suppress even with missed shots.

On a side note: I heard that mgs will suppress units that they are shooting over and that shots that hit the environment wont suppress.

I couldnt quite believe this and after what you stated it actually does make less sense.

I think it is more connected to a cyrcle form of suppression around the unit that is aimed at. Am I right here?

Thank you and best regards!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92
Germany 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %