Login

russian armor

Katyusha seriously need a nerf

• This thread is locked
PAGES (20)down
25 Jul 2014, 15:18 PM

Ok, nerf that fuckin' Katiusha back and the wurframen together with it. This is getting silly and out of control. Fuck both units, tone them down and reduce a little from wurframen cost, at least.

Finally a sensible opinion here.

To both units, tone down damage + add suppresion = equal blob control + less squads wipes + less damage to buildings = everyone happy

As someone pointed above, potential squad wipes and heavy building/vehicle damage should be exclusive to howitzers and B4.
25 Jul 2014, 15:31 PM

I am not opposed to nerf Stuka's squad wiping potential and on the Katyusha (so that they really are just blob counters and not squad wipers), but then Stuka needs some love otherwise. It cannot remain the most expensive artillery piece with a twice as long cooldown if it also is not more deadly.
25 Jul 2014, 15:37 PM

This is one of the absolute worst balance changes I have seen. The Kat just obliterates OKW's halftracks and you can't repair or retreat in the interim.

Can we not have the top 10 players in CoH2 come up with a balanace patch for all the units a la CoH1 patch 3.7? Please??! Put Relic's balance team on some other work, it'll save time and money.
Vaz
25 Jul 2014, 16:30 PM

I'm pretty sure the relic balance team uses the top 10 players as consultants, lol. Not that they follow their advice exactly, but there is communication.
25 Jul 2014, 16:32 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2014, 16:30 PMVaz
I'm pretty sure the relic balance team uses the top 10 players as consultants, lol. Not that they follow their advice exactly, but there is communication.

Nop :p
25 Jul 2014, 17:09 PM

Relic i'm almost certain that follows the rant on the forums and whatever. People rants about something is OP ? they tune down and makes it UP, and vice versa.

Back to topic, i think that now Katyiusha and the Stuka Zu Fuss are now balanced each other. Probably nebelwerfer should receive some love, but i hope that loves will arrive with the callioper for the US, otherwise playing US (mostrly Infantry) against Axis will be a joke.

People now spams (and viceversa rants) about it because they don't know the "fear" of a freaking rocket attack, i assume because they only play OKW or something, otherwise you can't really don't think "hey, finally it packs the same damage of my stuka but in a different way, nice job relic"

but again, as SSHeini said, they should probably BOTH tuned down. I think that in both way you shouldn't fear "to blob". I mean as US expecially, you can't really avoid that, but mostly, until reeeally late game, it's basically an infantry fight and you shouldn't be scared to lose your whole army because of a lucky rocket shoot.
25 Jul 2014, 18:30 PM

Because it caused most of the casualties in the war?

This is a tactical RTS, not a military simulator where we practice using artillery on civilians.
25 Jul 2014, 19:16 PM
Benefactor 115

I would like to point out two logical fallacies in this thread, resorting to reductio ad absurdum.

Argument no. 1 : "Katyusha is fine because it discourages blobbing" : really? So discouraging blobbing is enough to make a unit's effectiveness a holy cow above such petty considerations as cost, cooldown, area of effect, etc? Fine. I propose a 10 munitions V1 rocket for the OKW, with 2 second cooldown. It discourages blobbing, which is apparently enough to make it balanced.

I hope you see how this argument becomes ridiculous, real fast. The lesson here is even anti-blobbing units can overperform, and plus, the Katyusha has so many uses now other than an anti-blob measure.

Argument no. 2 : "Lol this is the same as Walking Stuka situation, only with reversed roles". Well, yes. Except that has no bearing on the balance of Katyusha OR Stuka whatsoever. Let's say they increased the Stuka damage to 10000 per rocket, and made each rocket area of effect ten times as it is now, and reduced its cost to 20 fuel, and a thread was made crying OP (rightly).

Then I could say "Well, you complained about the Katyusha so now you have no right to complain about the new Stuka, they BOTH overperform." Would I be right to say that? Or would you want to bash my head in with a brick?

Does, for example, complaining about Obersoldaten somehow disqualify me from defending Riflemen damage, in the same way as expressing my opinion on Stuka apparently makes all my opinions on Katyusha null and void for all eternity? Where is the limit to that?

Great post. Quoted so more people will read it.

IMHO arty is about removing units from entrenched positions not blob control. MG's should control the crowds.
25 Jul 2014, 19:21 PM

Another senseless whining thread. I guess it's number 88 on the axis side....

Excuse me for whining. My OKW base truck got destroyed by a single barrage. Oh well, i guess thats balance. Gotta deal with it.
25 Jul 2014, 19:24 PM

Permanently Banned

Excuse me for whining. My OKW base truck got destroyed by a single barrage. Oh well, i guess thats balance. Gotta deal with it.

No problem. Better adapt to the new playstyle and flank it and don't place your holy truck right at the frontline.
Vaz

I haven't destroyed a truck with 1 barrage yet, what am I doing wrong? Is it firing from minimum range or something? It always takes me about 3 - 5 barrages.

I swear kids today. Take a huge loss to your HQ/Tech at the push of a button. Well thats what you get for using the forward ability that was put in to game. You supposed to only ever build it in your base sector. L2P!

MVGame
25 Jul 2014, 19:28 PM

No problem. Better adapt to the new playstyle and flank it and don't place your holy truck right at the frontline.

They might aswell remove the ability to move these trucks. Beware of the mighty Katyusha! Get your base buildings destroyed by a single barrage TODAY! Have fun! Dont whine, adapt!

Youre so biased, its disgusting. If thats you idea of balance, you might consider to quit posting on these forums.
25 Jul 2014, 19:31 PM

Permanently Banned

They might aswell remove the ability to move these trucks. Beware of the mighty Katyusha! Get your base buildings destroyed by a single barrage TODAY! Have fun! Dont whine, adapt!

Youre so biased, its disgusting. If thats you idea of balance, you might consider to quit posting on these forums.

And you my friend should start to have an objective point of view especially according to things like balance. You are exaggerating, no Katyusha on earth destroys a truck with a single barrage.

Pics or didn't happen. Or maybe post a replay :)
25 Jul 2014, 19:33 PM

And you my friend should start to have an objective point of view especially according to things like balance. You are exaggerating, no Katyusha on earth destroys a truck with a single barrage.

Here I have found a cast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAISUDbjXj0

just for you with lots of love
25 Jul 2014, 19:33 PM

One rocket does 160 damage boy. 13 hits and the truck is gone.
25 Jul 2014, 19:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Okay. How about moving your truck? Seriously, I think 13 hits is ok
25 Jul 2014, 19:38 PM

Yeah, this whole katyusha justification based on utilizing the supply trucks as intended needs to stop. Everyone who has brought this off as presented their argument as though they were viciously bias. Not that that's a surprise.

No one here is saying that having your base shelled to death, destroyed by AT guns, or even grenaded is unbalanced. No one is arguing that there shouldn't be certain risks for setting up based on proximity.

They're saying the katyusha is not only absurdly overpowered against infantry, but much more so in regards to OKW forward positions.

Sorry not sorry, none of those routes of base destruction is even close to the way a fresh baked katyusha removes trucks in 2 ridiculously short cooldowns.
25 Jul 2014, 19:38 PM

Okay. How about moving your truck? Seriously, I think 13 hits is ok

What...?

You're not serious?
PAGES (20)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %