Login

russian armor

How do you have your hotkeys setup?

22 Jul 2014, 02:53 AM

I've found a script to run WASD as move camera and what not, but I would like to know how you guys have your keys setup?

Fairly important to have these working in your favour. Moving the camera with middle mouse and not WASD seems like an intense oversight?
22 Jul 2014, 09:08 AM
Patrion 27

I have my entire grid layout on the numpad using Autohotkey because I am a lefty and Relic doesn't give a fuck about giving us customizable hotkeys :snfBarton:

This forces me to switch middle mouse to "W" and my second thumb button for "R" (both using grid layout) since coh2 is buggy with W and R being switched to other keys using autohotkey, otherwise using thumb buttons for "TAB" and "Tacmap" can be nice.

I switched universal scrolling from the middle mouse button to the thumb button so I can keep my finger on the mouse 1 and 2 buttons which is a nice change for lefty or righty.

If you customize one and only one key in your entire game I suggest installing autohotkey and making this script:

#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes 2

Capslock::Numpad0

`::0

This puts the tac-map in usable range and makes the tilde key a group key for units.

22 Jul 2014, 09:36 AM

I use classic hotkeys, only difference is i've put tacmap to spacebar with autohotkey. No need for camera buttons as i use tacmap to move the camera around the map :p
22 Jul 2014, 09:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I use a "Razer Naga" and Grid Keys. All of the grid hotkeys are mirrored on the side of my mouse. I have also bound the "Attack Here" and Tactical Map to the middle mouse buttons. Works great!

22 Jul 2014, 13:35 PM

Ive made scroll up my "attack here" and scroll down my "retreat", and middle mouse grenade is bo55.
22 Jul 2014, 14:52 PM

Is there an official statement from relic on why we can't set our own hotkeys?

If it's anything along the lines of "so everyone has the same features to work with" or something like that, then it's kinda counter intuitive since you can use AHK to write your own keys, even macros like;

capslock::
Send
{G down}{G up}{Lmouse down}{Lmouse up}; auto throw a grenade by hitting G then left mouse.

Thus creating an even larger gap between highly dedicated/skilled players and casual players. It could even be argued that it's borderline cheating when using AHK(assuming this is relic's explanation to why we have fixed hotkeys).
22 Jul 2014, 19:27 PM
Patrion 27

Well, if I am to use normal keys as a lefty, my thumb resting on left control will permanently cripple my slightly large hand eventually so I say fuck them. Not having customizable hotkeys in a RTs... in 2014 is inexcusable.
Hux
22 Jul 2014, 19:36 PM
Patrion 14

my slightly large hand

Wank hand?
22 Jul 2014, 19:51 PM

You can use AHK to make units for you at the beginning of the game exactly when your resources hit a certain amount.

Just helps your macro that much more =D
22 Jul 2014, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2014, 19:51 PMiDolize
You can use AHK to make units for you at the beginning of the game exactly when your resources hit a certain amount.

Just helps your macro that much more =D

Go on...
22 Jul 2014, 22:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

MButton::Numpad0
w::up
a::left
s::down
d::right

f::w
r::f
t::r

b::a
g::s

Space & 3:: Send, 7
Space & 4:: Send, 8
Space & 5:: Send, 9

Escape::Suspend

n:: Send, ^a

Grid hotkeys
13 Aug 2014, 06:55 AM

EDIT: Found it and fixed it in the code below, leaving it up for reference.

I'm playing around with Autohotkey and this seems to be the most recent AHK-related thread. I'm trying to get the old "plot vehicle path" (Rightclick, then repeated quick shift-rightclicks while button stays pressed) working again.

However, somewhere in there, something seems to be causing "next idle builder unit" (comma key "," on my keyboard layout). So it keeps selecting my builder units instead of keeping my vehicle selected.

Here is my code, I hope someone can point out the mistake to me:
;vehicle special
$XButton1::
Send {Rbutton}
Send {Shift Down}
Loop
{
if not GetKeyState("XButton1", "P")
break
Send {Rbutton}
sleep 20
}