Login

russian armor

Maxim Spam

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
11 Aug 2014, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 08:37 AMsteel
By buffing conscripts (giving them more accuracy with vet 2) while reducing weapon crew to 4 men, you would reduce the number of maxim spammers and would see more conscripts strat. Shouldn't core infantry be doing the most of the fighting instead of say 6 Machine guns.

I dont see how changing Cons somehow magically fixes Maxims.
I dont see how nerfing a unit necessarily and for good reason, suddenly magically means another unit needs to buffed.

People seem to be trying to make a "deal" out of fixing a necessary thing.
Its not a deal thing.

Im sure there are ways to change Maxim without having to change Cons.
11 Aug 2014, 10:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 08:59 AMJaigen

This is nonsense argument. support weapons are not supposed to get hit. if you then you have made a mistake. second the mg42 and 34 and functioning perfectly fine despite facing the ami's which can have the highest dps output per popcap in the game.

So what is the problem then?
11 Aug 2014, 10:40 AM

Permanently Banned

I dont see how changing Cons somehow magically fixes Maxims.
I dont see how nerfing a unit necessarily and for good reason, suddenly magically means another unit needs to buffed.

People seem to be trying to make a "deal" out of fixing a necessary thing.
Its not a deal thing.

Im sure there are ways to change Maxim without having to change Cons.

The thing is, people spam maxims because Sovjets lack of early game infantry power. If you fix cons, sovjet has more opportunities instead of spamming only maxims. It's good for the gameplay :)
11 Aug 2014, 10:45 AM

Do you want to see less maxims?

Buff penals/conscripts so they actually can fight something more then pios and unvetted volks.
11 Aug 2014, 10:48 AM

The thing is, people spam maxims because Sovjets lack of early game infantry power. If you fix cons, sovjet has more opportunities instead of spamming only maxims. It's good for the gameplay :)
So what you think of the vet2 accuracy buff i suggested? It's good for gameplay and realism.
11 Aug 2014, 10:58 AM

Weird logic.

"Buffing Cons magically fixes Maxims".

Oo
11 Aug 2014, 11:02 AM

Weird logic.

"Buffing Cons magically fixes Maxims".

Oo

You don't really understand why people use maxims in the first place, do you?

Want to know a different name to conspam? Suicide.

As it was already mentioned-they are not a problem if you got half a clue about how to play the game.
They are annoying to play against, but so are OKW and gren LMG blobs. Annoying isn't equal to overperforming. They are fine for 1v1 and above that you've got your team mate and combined arms to deal with it easily.
11 Aug 2014, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 11:02 AMKatitof
You don't really understand why people use maxims in the first place, do you?

Yes, I do.

Cos they are so good. Thats why.

But how buffing Cons somehow magically relates to the OPs issue, or magically "nerfs" Maxims, is quite a mystery.

Seems to me that would just end up with equally strong Maxims being fielded along even stronger Cons.

Sort of not really a desirable outcome, unless you are pure Sov and don't really care about balance at all.
11 Aug 2014, 12:29 PM

Utterly false argument..shocks counter all axis infantry with smoke save obersoldaten .
11 Aug 2014, 12:45 PM

Utterly false argument..shocks counter all axis infantry with smoke save obersoldaten .

Smoke don't do damage like axis smoke nades and smoke doesn't root your troops in place.

Why are you standing still, waiting for shocks?
11 Aug 2014, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 12:45 PMKatitof

Smoke don't do damage like axis smoke nades and smoke doesn't root your troops in place.

Wanting to get shocked.

Bad joke.

@Cannonade.

My bad for not explaining in better detail. Basically buff cons, nerf maxim crew size and maybe effectiveness as well but maybe give slightly larger arc?
11 Aug 2014, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 12:45 PMKatitof

U can't fire LMGs on the move,on the move ur fodder for shocks.Except obersoldaten who don't care.Its teh only only infantry soviets have no infantry counter to except snipers/mg.The other points are moot...shocks 2-3 in number can terrorize blobs of grenadiers with smoke.
11 Aug 2014, 13:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 13:06 PMsteel
Basically buff cons, nerf maxim crew size and maybe effectiveness as well but maybe give slightly larger arc?

Why buff Cons?

The point is to nerf Maxims.
11 Aug 2014, 13:19 PM

U can't fire LMGs on the move,on the move ur fodder for shocks.

You also can't fire them in the smoke.
Again, why are you stanging there, staring at smoke cloud knowing what is coming? Keep moving back. Its not like shocks will hit you before you get higher ground(house) or support.
Pure L2P issue and you have no excuse here really.

And if you play against someone who got 2-3 shocks-that is 800 to 1200mp, before that shocks he had to get 2-4 cons and probably some T2 stuff, where is whole your army?

Why buff Cons?

Because its already settled with multiple top players saying maxims are L2P issue.
If you want to see less maxims, you need to L2P and use right counters or allow soviets to get anything else that can stand up to OKW or LMG grens.
11 Aug 2014, 13:21 PM

Why buff Cons?

Then what kind of stock unit you have that is useful vs OKW and in the late-game?

If the maxim is nerfed, cons and penals need a buff to scale better.
11 Aug 2014, 13:31 PM

As a pure Russian player with average abilities who uses maxims and shocks... I see extremes in German players. Newbs with no micro who run straight into the arc, suppressed and mortared and then good players who just flank you with superior micro and with the changes to rotation you have to instantly retreat or lose the gun. These players will beat you before you can call in the shocks troops and you can guarantee you have just lost the fuel war all before 2CP. Maxims need an interference troop such as shocks to truly shine. Still what is considered spam ... I start with 2 Maxim, then a mortar then build another maxim to push an area of the map. Hopefully by then I can call in a shock or I build another mortar. I'm thinking I should change it up to a conscript after the first maxim to run interference earlier. So is that spam or combined arms? It certainly isn't a blob as your maxims are spread out or you have no map presence.
11 Aug 2014, 13:37 PM

Why buff Cons?

It's a very slight buff to cons if they get better accuracy at vet2. If cons are better then you can nerf the maxims and less people will rely on MG spam.

Like I said, the buff is so tiny that it makes a difference if used right but no diffference if used poorly. I notice my cons and the enemy's cons can't hit my grens properly even with vet3. That's saying something.

It's good for balance since less people will rely MG spam and makes soviet infantry fight West infantry better. It's good for realism since if you've been fighting for a while you should be able to shoot a rifle without much problems eh?
11 Aug 2014, 13:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2014, 13:37 PMsteel
It's a very slight buff to cons if they get better accuracy at vet2. If cons are better then you can nerf the maxims and less people will rely on MG spam.

Why buff Cons?

The problem is in Maxims.
Maxims need a nerf.

But you instead want to buff Cons?
Makes no sense.
11 Aug 2014, 13:40 PM

As a pure Russian player with average abilities who uses maxims and shocks... I see extremes in German players. Newbs with no micro who run straight into the arc, suppressed and mortared and then good players who just flank you with superior micro and with the changes to rotation you have to instantly retreat or lose the gun. These players will beat you before you can call in the shocks troops and you can guarantee you have just lost the fuel war all before 2CP. Maxims need an interference troop such as shocks to truly shine. Still what is considered spam ... I start with 2 Maxim, then a mortar then build another maxim to push an area of the map. Hopefully by then I can call in a shock or I build another mortar. I'm thinking I should change it up to a conscript after the first maxim to run interference earlier. So is that spam or combined arms? It certainly isn't a blob as your maxims are spread out or you have no map presence.
It's definitely not much of a spam since you only have 3 but still everyone seems to be saying cons are useless against sturmpioniere or something. Give the conscripts PPSH and they will destroy sturmpioniere easily.
11 Aug 2014, 13:40 PM

Usually if you have a maxim protecting the back of another is want they start to write "Spammer!!" in the chat.

Has @Katitof said, high levels players agree that maxim is fine. It's just that much less skilled players doesn't know how to deal with them and even less understand why soviet players have to resort to maxims/snipers as the main force in their armies.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS