Login

russian armor

Jaeger Light Infantry vs. Pathfinders

20 Jul 2014, 07:42 AM
Patrion 14

So here is my understanding, Jaeger light infantry and Pathfinders both cost 290 manpower:

Jaeger:
-4 man squad
-spawnable from buildings
-come with 4 G43 rifles
-Scavenge
-Infiltration Nade
-Booby Trap Territory
-Sprint
-Can Cloak in Cover
-Increased Sight Range
-Can't Cap Territory (Only Decap)
-CP 2

Pathfinder:
-4 man squad
-spawns at base
-2 m1 carbines and 2 springfield snipers with chance to instakill units with less than 40% HP
-Beacon
-Can Cloak in Cover
-Increased Sight Range
-Can pickup weapons from base
-CP 1

My question is, are Jaeger light infantry really balanced assuming they are meant to fulfill a similar role to Pathfinders? I am sure I am missing something here because I can't see how they cost the same.
m00
20 Jul 2014, 07:48 AM
Donator 11

they can cap now :O
20 Jul 2014, 07:50 AM

Isn't Jeager light infantry still 55mp per model to reinforce?
20 Jul 2014, 10:39 AM

Can't Cap Territory (Only Decap) <-- Not true anymore
Infiltration Nade <-- For some reason they don't have that

I think JLI are bugged at the moment. In any case, they are not worth the same. JLI are 440 MP (their call in is cheaper, though).
20 Jul 2014, 19:51 PM
Patrion 14

Ok, interesting, what do you mean by they cost 440 mp? Do you mean in terms of reinforcement cost or what? I'm pretty sure they enter the battlefield with 290mp cost. Doesn't this mean that it would almost be cheaper to just let them act as a throwaway squad? (55 x 4 = 220 for full reinforce.)
20 Jul 2014, 20:11 PM

Ok, interesting, what do you mean by they cost 440 mp? Do you mean in terms of reinforcement cost or what? I'm pretty sure they enter the battlefield with 290mp cost. Doesn't this mean that it would almost be cheaper to just let them act as a throwaway squad? (55 x 4 = 220 for full reinforce.)

They are supposed to cost 440mp for the squad and 55/model. They role is an elite squad, effective at long range and harrassment, they are not cannon-fodders.

About the Pathfinders, they are recon and airborne support infantry. With their beacons it's possible to reinforce next to it. Apart from that they are similair to snipers.
20 Jul 2014, 20:45 PM

Why bother to get Jäger when you can have also Panzerfüsiliere who are 6 guys with G43... Nothing special on them
20 Jul 2014, 21:07 PM

Because panzerfusiliers have less DPS at max range, can't spawn from buildings, can't sprint, are hare to all put in cover, all of them got G43 as opposed to 3 fusiliers and do not require 90 muni to get G43?
20 Jul 2014, 21:34 PM

i love the JLI. but the reinforce on those guys... the heck, its the only unit that costs more to reinforce than the price would justify
20 Jul 2014, 21:41 PM

Why bother to get Jäger when you can have also Panzerfüsiliere who are 6 guys with G43... Nothing special on them

just because its the same gun, doesnt mean they do the same dps. look at assault gren mp40s vs pios mp40s, gren k98s vs ostruppen k98s, con mosins vs guard mosins, etc. the weapons have similar profiles now, but they are still very different.
20 Jul 2014, 22:56 PM

Permanently Banned
So how is their damage output compared to a g43 Füsilier Squad?
20 Jul 2014, 23:14 PM

both squads do about 10 dps at long range, but the jaeger light inf do 44 dps at near, while fusiliers only do about 34.

JLI also have 1.5 armor to help compensate their small squad size.
20 Jul 2014, 23:30 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2014, 23:14 PMwooof
both squads do about 10 dps at long range, but the jaeger light inf do 44 dps at near, while fusiliers only do about 34.

JLI also have 1.5 armor to help compensate their small squad size.

Errm, so they are far more powerful than upgunned Panzerfusiliers for the same cost? That definitely sounds like a bug. Makes sense why the corrected cost should be 440mp.
20 Jul 2014, 23:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Thanks a lot for your reply wooof

Thats interesting, so they are practically of quite similar use, with Panzerfüsiliers being a bit more of an allrounder unit (at nades) and Jägers more suited for anti infantry combat (sprint). I guess the high reinforcement cost might be what cripples them and therefore makes them a less attractive choice though. But well I havent had the chance to play with them because war spoils (<444>3).

They both have the same increased sight range?
20 Jul 2014, 23:36 PM

they also get a -recieved acc bonus at vetII. dont know how much though
20 Jul 2014, 23:50 PM

panzerfusiliers need the 90 munitions g43 upgrade to get increased sight radius. this gives them 50% more, for a total of 52.5m, compared to 50 for the JLI, which does not require any upgrade.

i still really like panzerfusiliers though. keep in mind, having a 4 man squad with 1.5 armor is actually a drawback. the JLI are much more vulnerable to grenades, mortars, and tanks, where their armor is useless.

also, since all 4 of the JLI have the same dps, their damage drops by 1/4 with each death. panzerfusiliers on the other hand would retain their G43s for the last 3 entities. that means the panzerfusiliers dps goes down slower from losses. after 3 deaths, theyre still doing roughly 3/4 of their dps up close.

panzerfusiliers are also about half the reinforce cost, this makes them good at being a meat shield and wont drain your mp. they also gain a passive sprint when not in combat at vet 5 which is amazing. having an AT nade is also a huge advantage.

they also get a -recieved acc bonus at vetII. dont know how much though

JLI, panzerfusiliers and pathfinders all get this bonus with vet.
21 Jul 2014, 02:48 AM
Patrion 14

I hope they fix the price soon, I played a 2v2 vs. some sturmtigers, and one of them just spammed the jaegers, and were able to just let them die a lot of the time because of the cheap cost, rather than having to reinforce them.
21 Jul 2014, 04:09 AM

jaegers are crap for the price, who in their right mind would use these guys over panzer fusiliers? 55mp to reinforce a single guy, lower squad size and even worse DPS than falls or obers despite being more expensive to maintain (Oh and no AT grenade/faust).

For me pathfinders are not really comparable, you build one squad to set your beacons up and they sit back as a sniper lite support unit for the rest of the game. Maybe if you are feeling particularly jammy you might recrew an AT gun with them to make use of their superior LoS.
21 Jul 2014, 05:37 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2014, 04:09 AMRollo
jaegers are crap for the price, who in their right mind would use these guys over panzer fusiliers? 55mp to reinforce a single guy, lower squad size and even worse DPS than falls or obers despite being more expensive to maintain (Oh and no AT grenade/faust).

For me pathfinders are not really comparable, you build one squad to set your beacons up and they sit back as a sniper lite support unit for the rest of the game. Maybe if you are feeling particularly jammy you might recrew an AT gun with them to make use of their superior LoS.

Errm, I agree that the unit is expensive to reinforce, but they are amazing at anti-infantry duties at range. Since they only cost 290mp to spawn ANYWHERE, you could easily just let them die and spawn them in enemy fuel point buildings forever. I personally find them better than Fallshimjaeger.
21 Jul 2014, 11:09 AM

Errm, I agree that the unit is expensive to reinforce, but they are amazing at anti-infantry duties at range. Since they only cost 290mp to spawn ANYWHERE, you could easily just let them die and spawn them in enemy fuel point buildings forever. I personally find them better than Fallshimjaeger.

but the vet??

seriously hows it possible that they still cost 55mp to reinforce? that cant be that hard to fix at all
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★