As I'm sure we all know, dedicated Tank Destroyer units such as the American Jackson or the German Stug are extremely effective against vehicles but almost completely useless against infantry because they can't reliably hit them. Does anyone know exactly how this works i.e. is it a form of accuracy penalty/bonus when targeting infantry/vehicles? I ask because in my most recent OKW game I took out an opposing Dozer Sherman with my Jagpanzer, but the vehicle was abandoned instead of wrecked . As per usual, I issued an "attack ground" command with the Jag in order to prevent it being repaired and recrewed. However, my Jagpanzer was completely unable to hit the abandoned Sherman even at relatively close range. After six or seven shots (all misses) I was forced to retreat the Jagpanzer to avoid it being destroyed by newly-arriving American AT guns.
The result was that he was able to completely recover the Dozer Sherman, and this turned out to have a pretty significant effect on the outcome of the match, as we both agreed in chat. My question is: was this a consequence of the way tank destroyer mechanics work, or was I simply unlucky? If the former, it seems like a moderately serious issue with balance to me, since a makes tank destroyers (a specialist unit type) unreliable at the role they are intended to fulfill.
Tank Destroyer Accuracy
18 Jul 2014, 00:28 AM
#1
Posts: 196
18 Jul 2014, 00:36 AM
#2
Posts: 1439
Simply right click the abandoned vehicle to destroy it. It's far more effective.
18 Jul 2014, 00:37 AM
#3
1 Posts: 3052 | Subs: 14
You were unbelievably unlucky.
What do you mean by close range? sometimes you have to literally stick the barrel into the other tank to ensure a hit lol.
I think it has something to do with the fact that attack ground doesnt use Target size and all the other big word mumbo jumbo stuff that the tank would normaly use if it was attacking a unit directly,which results in wayyy less accuracy.
Sometimes i will try to destroy an abandoned AT Gun or MG,and itll take like 2020042024820 shots.
What do you mean by close range? sometimes you have to literally stick the barrel into the other tank to ensure a hit lol.
I think it has something to do with the fact that attack ground doesnt use Target size and all the other big word mumbo jumbo stuff that the tank would normaly use if it was attacking a unit directly,which results in wayyy less accuracy.
Sometimes i will try to destroy an abandoned AT Gun or MG,and itll take like 2020042024820 shots.
18 Jul 2014, 00:41 AM
#4
1 Posts: 3052 | Subs: 14
Simply right click the abandoned vehicle to destroy it. It's far more effective.
I...did not...know you could

do that...
18 Jul 2014, 00:54 AM
#5
Posts: 196
Yeah, in the past I remember right clicking simply causing my vehicle to move on top of the abandoned target. I've always thought you had to attack ground
18 Jul 2014, 01:19 AM
#6
Posts: 309
Yeah, in the past I remember right clicking simply causing my vehicle to move on top of the abandoned target. I've always thought you had to attack ground
Attack key followed by left click works too, good to know you can finally right click them though
18 Jul 2014, 03:08 AM
#7
Posts: 1468 | Subs: 4
Issue an attack command on the abandoned vehicle.
In terms of normal AT accuracy it depends on a complex relationship between accuracy, target size, distance and to a lesser extent scatter. Maybe some other stuff too
In terms of normal AT accuracy it depends on a complex relationship between accuracy, target size, distance and to a lesser extent scatter. Maybe some other stuff too
18 Jul 2014, 09:23 AM
#8
Posts: 1439
Yeah, in the past I remember right clicking simply causing my vehicle to move on top of the abandoned target. I've always thought you had to attack ground
It could be that it only works with OKW.
18 Jul 2014, 10:03 AM
#9

Posts: 752
Also, please implement support weapon secondary hp bar.
The one for the weapon itself.
The one for the weapon itself.
18 Jul 2014, 17:55 PM
#10
Posts: 1304 | Subs: 12
Also, please implement support weapon secondary hp bar.
The one for the weapon itself.
We already have that, I'm pretty sure. The thin white line under your crew weapon's portrait.
18 Jul 2014, 17:58 PM
#11
Posts: 627
We already have that, I'm pretty sure. The thin white line under your crew weapon's portrait.
We do, yes.
It would be nice if it was also included in the unit icons in the top right.
18 Jul 2014, 18:05 PM
#12
Posts: 43
Slightly off topic but tank destroyers need to have tanks as their first priority. Last night I was attacking with 2 jacksons and 2 t3485s, and the Jacksons were shooting at infantry, instead of this elephant and panzer.
Fucking ridiculous when you bring in a Jackson to finish off a tank and the fucking thing doesn't target the tank but the volks or some shit infront of it.
Fucking dumb. Tank destroyer gives you the impression its gonna shoot at fucking tanks.
Fucking ridiculous when you bring in a Jackson to finish off a tank and the fucking thing doesn't target the tank but the volks or some shit infront of it.
Fucking dumb. Tank destroyer gives you the impression its gonna shoot at fucking tanks.
PAGES (1)

1 user is browsing this thread:
1 guest
Livestreams
|
|
|
23 | ||
|
|
|
9 | ||
|
|
|
7 | ||
|
|
|
50 | ||
|
|
|
10 | ||
|
|
|
2 | ||
|
|
|
1 | ||
|
|
|
1 | ||
|
|
|
1 |
Ladders Top 10
-
#Steam AliasWL%Streak
- 1.485233.675+11
- 2.619363.630+1
- 3.927244.792+21
- 4.1523816.651+1
- 5.694418.624+8
- 6.830145.851+3
- 7.49370.876+17
- 8.256101.717+10
- 9.24866.790+1
- 10.371126.746+2
Replay highlight
VS
-
cblanco ★ -
보드카 중대
-
VonManteuffel -
Heartless Jäger
Einhoven Country
Honor it
18
Download
3519
Board Info
293 users are online:
293 guests
0 post in the last 24h
0 post in the last week
0 post in the last month
0 post in the last week
0 post in the last month
Registered members: 17051
Welcome our newest member, markovka
Most online: 4501 users on 26 Oct 2025, 01:00 AM
Welcome our newest member, markovka
Most online: 4501 users on 26 Oct 2025, 01:00 AM






