Login

russian armor

Faction Strength

15 Jul 2014, 23:25 PM

I cant believe the community honestly thinks USF is the weakest faction in 2v2s and above. They absolutely wreck havoc in 2v2s+ in the early games through sheer overwhelming numbers and capping power when used by good players.

In a 1v1 it's much easier to knock out your opponent early on and capitalize on your victories quickly. 2v2's go longer on average, and very frequently reach late-game. In the late-game, the USF are at a huge disadvantage.
15 Jul 2014, 23:40 PM

In a 1v1 it's much easier to knock out your opponent early on and capitalize on your victories quickly. 2v2's go longer on average, and very frequently reach late-game. In the late-game, the USF are at a huge disadvantage.

In even bigger games, 3on3 and 4on4, they can simply delete units and OKW trucks with their artillery while Russian tanks guard them.
16 Jul 2014, 00:22 AM

What arty? 155 mech doctrine I guess. Double USA is incredibly weak lategame though, sans maybe that doctrinal strike (which I don't have).
16 Jul 2014, 00:35 AM

What arty? 155 mech doctrine I guess. Double USA is incredibly weak lategame though, sans maybe that doctrinal strike (which I don't have).

I know that pain. I HATE being paired up with another US player. It's GG if you're up against OKW.
16 Jul 2014, 01:31 AM

My AT partner and I both play USA when using allies.

It's a hard knock life ;_;
16 Jul 2014, 03:31 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2014, 13:18 PMurb111

No, it doesn't. But neither does it take less skill. You need 3 or 4 people to be collectively more skillfull then opposing team. And it does not just mean four better 1v1 players. You often need different skills in 1v1 and in 4v4. Some players love to be a solo hero, others prefer team play.

This

There is no inherent reason why 4v4 should be less skilled than 1v1

However the skills that you use for 1v1 are much more useful to 4v4 than vice versa

Further, most of the best players play 1v1 and 2v2

Therefore the best 1v1 player is probably better than the best 4v4 player, and his micro skills will serve him better in 4v4 than the 4v4 guys macro skills will in 1v1.

BO may have to be adapted though because of the greater variety of oppossing units and abiliites he will face.

Snipers for example are good 1v1 but less seen 4v4, this is one reason why long 4v4s turn into tank battles because everything else dies
16 Jul 2014, 08:58 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Maybe get some higher rank before talking to me. Pretty sure you are the real (Herman) troll here :D

1. What's with the obsession with rank? Is only the top player of each faction permitted to give their opinion on balance?

2. Even if you choose to pull rank into this, your stats are a heck of a lot worse than his... so why bring it up?

No offence intended, just curious.
16 Jul 2014, 09:11 AM

Snipers for example are good 1v1 but less seen 4v4, this is one reason why long 4v4s turn into tank battles because everything else dies

4vs4 late game is more about blob wars than tank wars tbh. OKW players always seem to have a blob that kills whatever you throw at them and if they see flares they dont have far to retreat.
16 Jul 2014, 09:14 AM
Honorary Member Badge

No, you see:

People who play Team Games are NOT allowed to have an opinion because those are no-skill spamfests

People who don't play all factions are NOT allowed to have an opinion because they don't see all the game

People who are not ranked high enough are NOT allowed to have an opinion because only good players opinions matter

People who are ranked high are ONLY ranked high because they are using exploits so their opinions are invalid

Or, you ignore all that and address the arguement not the playercard
16 Jul 2014, 09:48 AM

Permanently Banned

1. What's with the obsession with rank? Is only the top player of each faction permitted to give their opinion on balance?

2. Even if you choose to pull rank into this, your stats are a heck of a lot worse than his... so why bring it up?

No offence intended, just curious.

I am not the one who started judging someone by his playercard. That was some other guys. Thou shall not wander why I refer to his playercard :(
16 Jul 2014, 11:46 AM

Maybe get some higher rank before talking to me. Pretty sure you are the real (Herman) troll here :D

I am not the one who started judging someone by his playercard. That was some other guys. Thou shall not wander why I refer to his playercard :(

i was talking about you juding 1v1 balance with less than 30 1v1s played. i dont care about your ranks, but if you feel the urge to consider them, you should really check again, mate. either youre blind or massively trolling... and let me remind you again: were talking 1v1s here (rank-wise)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★