Login

russian armor

PaK43 needs more Range.

12 Jul 2014, 01:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2014, 01:02 AMJadame!

And whats the point? You can build 3 paks 43 if you want and backed up with your team support they can cover entire map. For 0 fuel. In 1v1 situation is quite different, but again, for it damage pak 43 still good even in 1v1.

If you build them not between victory points and somewhere far behind then probably yes. But who you should blame for this? Pak range?

also

Yes, we all know you are a good player but the stats doesn't show if you had killed any of those tanks. How many tanks did you destroy? It can deny tanks to an area, but not for long as we can also see your losses. Did the enemy tried to duel out with the AT gun? because a 360 damage weapon that did over 36,000 damage it would have hit tanks like 100 times.
12 Jul 2014, 03:53 AM

All pub games I lost with axis I lost because of bad teammates, not because right played okw pak 43 turtle (rushed walking stuka into pak 43 into kt) is weak or easy to counter. Yes, there are maps/combination of commanders on enemy side which can make pak 43 life very difficult, but in even conditions pak is super strong unit. Again, you cant attack pack 43 with at guns (walking stuka/pak behind huge-ass building). You cant advance with infantry either (1 well-positioned mg bunker). Artillery will be killed by walking stuka. Priest barrage cant hit anything, and with sturmpio repairs pak 43 can survive forever even under double priests untill series of very lucky hits (but, as all we know, RNG in CoH can kill anything). Only option is offmap arty. And offmap arty which reliably destroys pak 43 gun cost alot of ammo and require specific commanders.

90-95 range pak43 like op suggested will be op as hell. It will be better than jagdtiger both in terms of risk/reward and costefficiency.

p.s. I killed them all :P
12 Jul 2014, 03:59 AM
Patrion 15

I think its okay, I just think it could use a slight pop cap reduction. On certain maps you can use it to lock down 2 vps and create a really strong defensive position. Its still quite functional, its just really expensive in terms of pop cap for an immobile AT gun.
12 Jul 2014, 09:34 AM

Permanently Banned
Why are you lowies flaming me? Y u no show your own playercard? I can tell you. You are some Rank 2000++ bobs trolling on forums but you can't play at all :(

Pak 43 in 3vs3 buff would totally destroy armor combat in late game!
13 Jul 2014, 06:17 AM

Why are you lowies flaming me? Y u no show your own playercard? I can tell you. You are some Rank 2000++ bobs trolling on forums but you can't play at all :(

Pak 43 in 3vs3 buff would totally destroy armor combat in late game!

But the game is balanced for 1 v 1 and 2 v 2, where the PAK43 is currently extinct, from what I've seen. It's not something that people build in competitive play. Might be wrong about that, I should probably do more research on that. Isn't 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 supposed to be a mess anyway?

13 Jul 2014, 07:39 AM

This is a tricky topic. I honestly think a slight decrease in cost would be better than increasing it's range. And for people wondering, yes the PAK43 is used in 1v1 from time to time. I remember Vindicare recently using it against me.
13 Jul 2014, 08:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 07:39 AMVonIvan
This is a tricky topic. I honestly think a slight decrease in cost would be better than increasing it's range. And for people wondering, yes the PAK43 is used in 1v1 from time to time. I remember Vindicare recently using it against me.

Stephenn is also found of it if I remember correctly, so its not like soviet 45mm which is completely extinct.
13 Jul 2014, 15:52 PM

Ah, in that case, I rescind my assertion that is was extinct, and will look into experimenting with it. Perhaps it is okay as is, especially versus commanders without globals that insta gib it (which I feel is more often the case now with many people playing US forces).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★