Login

russian armor

some small changes I would (still) like to see

8 Jul 2014, 20:45 PM
Patrion 27

Howdy all. WFA is fantastic and every patch since its release has been solid. That being said there are a few changes I've wanted to see since the start of COH2 mostly focusing on unit control and a few changes for new units as well.

Manual reload for all HMG's: For those times when you have one round left in the belt and know a unit is approaching. There is no level of micro that will reward a good player in this situation and manual reloading could mitigate this.

Guards Infantry upgrades: I would like to see Guards spawn with six Mosin Nagants and be able to upgrade to DP28 OR PTRS. Guards will be slightly more flexible and their PTRS could be a bit stronger or they could get three of them if they take the place of DP28. this could also help reduce the aggravating amount of weapon dropping Guards tend to participate it.

Holstering minesweepers for all Engineers: I love this feature on Sturmpioneers but I think all of the Engineer units deserve the ability.

Increase firing arc of SU76 barrage: the new mechanic that lets M8 Scott fire over buildings while flush next to them is totally cool and I'd like to see the SU76 barrage granted a bit higher range of motion on it's gun to fire over taller buildings. Obviously not as big of an arc as the Scott but a bit more.

Grenadiers able to get both LMG42 and G43: This ability was taken away back when both weapons were pretty OP. Now I think the risk vs. reward of kitting out a grenadier squad is fair for them to be allowed both upgrades simultaneously.

Call In set-up team CP's: HM-38 120mm mortar, DShK HMG and M-42 45mm AT gun all got pushed to 2 CP's when shocks & Guards did but I think they should all be available at 1 CP.

Emplacement weapon survivability: This idea is kind of out there but I would like to see an upgrade (costing whatever appropriate amount of whichever resources) that would "fortify" Howitzers or Pak43 with sandbags and some sort of visual defensive structure that would grant them more survivability against off-map artillery and indirect fire. Nothing crazy, somewhere between a 10%-30% survivability buff.

Queuing OKW SWS trucks from the spawn: Very simple, while your SWS truck is on it's coutndown timer to spawn I think you should be able to click its tab and set a waypoint on the map where you want the truck to go. right now they just drive up to your HQ which is easy to forget about with such a long timer.

OKW resources and trucks I think the consensus is it's good that you aren't required to place your trucks on strategic points anymore and that they don't lock-down the sector but I liked the idea of OKW "bulging" onto the battlefield and would like to see the SWS trucks increase the resource income on any point that they are set down on by a small-reasonable margin. This would give players an incentive to extend their buildings onto the battlefield creating more strategic depth since right now (in 1v1 at least) it's a no-brainer to put the trucks in your base for protection.

Refine templates for battlefield structures and walking Stuka barrage: this is a real nuisance. You use some sort of recon, aim the stuka perfectly, and then have to slightly move the template then move it back where you wanted it before you can click and start the barrage. The same thing happens with setting Soviet sandbags and it's just too fidly.

Sherman smoke ability on the move: the smoke shouldn't force the Sherman to stop moving to activate.

Partisans and Fallshirmjager exiting from ambient buildings upon spawn: this one is a major flavor/function fail in my book. When you call in one of these units it should spawn in the ambient building and STAY in the building.

Hold-fire on every relevant unit: Seriously this one is stupid. We finally got hold-fire on AT guns with WFA, now we just got it on M10 and M36. why doesn't EVERY single vehicle have this feature? Panther is a tank destroyer and only has one ability: Blitz. Hold-fire is not going to clutter up its UI.

Feedback bros!
8 Jul 2014, 22:52 PM
Patrion 27

Donald Duck doesn't wear any pants.
8 Jul 2014, 22:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Come on y'all 80 views and no commentary?

Most of these are no brainer, there isn't really anything to discuss.
8 Jul 2014, 23:26 PM

When you don't post anything that pisses people off no one replies to threads I think. These are all excellent suggestions.

RE: barrage templates, I think all of the bombs that drop in a line (the Ostheer fragmentation bomb is a good example) should be aimable. Right now they come from your base territory so you can only use them if the enemy is lined up the correct way, which is silly.
8 Jul 2014, 23:30 PM

When you don't post anything that pisses people off no one replies to threads I think. These are all excellent suggestions.

RE: barrage templates, I think all of the bombs that drop in a line (the Ostheer fragmentation bomb is a good example) should be aimable. Right now they come from your base territory so you can only use them if the enemy is lined up the correct way, which is silly.

Ostheer smoke bombing (something like that) also needs this BAD. Obviously blocking LoS is directional, so you kind of want to drop smoke horizontally at your enemy to block as much sight as possible, but sometimes it drops it vertically and it fails. (The direction obviously being determined by the location where you and your enemy is located, but lining them up manually is the point)
9 Jul 2014, 01:10 AM
Patrion 27

Yes, Ostheer smoke screen and all of the off maps would be nice if you could control the direction but what I am referring to is when you aim the Stuka barrage, you can't just confirm the location. clicking will do nothing until you rotate the template at least a couple of degrees then click again.
10 Jul 2014, 10:31 AM

I can agree with all of those suggestions so far. Might add that anti tank guns and tank destroyers shouldn´t target any infantry unless spesifically told to do so.
10 Jul 2014, 11:26 AM

Refine templates for battlefield structures and walking Stuka barrage: this is a real nuisance. You use some sort of recon, aim the stuka perfectly, and then have to slightly move the template then move it back where you wanted it before you can click and start the barrage. The same thing happens with setting Soviet sandbags and it's just too fidly.

+1

Partisans and Fallshirmjager exiting from ambient buildings upon spawn: this one is a major flavor/function fail in my book. When you call in one of these units it should spawn in the ambient building and STAY in the building.

+1

Manual reload for all HMG's: For those times when you have one round left in the belt and know a unit is approaching. There is no level of micro that will reward a good player in this situation and manual reloading could mitigate this

+1

---------------------------------------------

Call In set-up team CP's: HM-38 120mm mortar, DShK HMG and M-42 45mm AT gun all got pushed to 2 CP's when shocks & Guards did but I think they should all be available at 1 CP.

Disagree. You should have to earn & wait for the more powerful units. These units are more powerful / convenient and therefore must come later in the game.

Also: for soviets T1 or T2 both have strengths and weaknesses. With MGs at 1CP you can go T1, sniper sniper HT then put MGs on the field right after, thereby almost immediately getting all the strengths with less weaknesses. Yes, use doctrines this way but it shouldn't be so soon as 1CP.
10 Jul 2014, 12:14 PM

100% agree with Bulgakov - some good ideas, mate.

I also agree with Guards, PTRS is bullshit in late game - and an elite unit underperforming lategame is (mostly) useless.

Sherman Smoke while moving: +1 that's it.

SU76 Barrage buff: -1 its a pretty light support unit. If you give it more range, it will just "camp in base" and frag the hell outta the enemy. The difference between those two units is Scott is AI, while the cyka is multipurpose. I dont think a useful unit against Vehicles and Inf should move a bit to be effective =)

Double Weapon upgrade on Grens: -1 because I think that Ostheer scales pretty well in lategame. This would make a mid-quality unit top tier and well-scaled into lategame. Ostheer already has the place of elite-infantry. The choice between G43 and MG42 works well for me.

10 Jul 2014, 12:41 PM

Mo micro? No way! This game for tanks and blobs micro.
10 Jul 2014, 17:30 PM

Some pretty common sense suggestions in here.
10 Jul 2014, 17:33 PM

DShK HMG and M-42 45mm AT gun all got pushed to 2 CP's when shocks & Guards did but I think they should all be available at 1 CP.

Disagree. You should have to earn & wait for the more powerful units.

Be careful that 45mm AT gun will kill your doods, dude. Also the DShK is under performing. I can agree on the others waiting until 2 CP though.
10 Jul 2014, 17:47 PM

Hold fire on more tanks (if not all), HMG reload and partisan/fallschrims not exiting as soon as they are spawned all are all things I'd like to see.

Especially hold fire on tanks, so many times where you can be chasing down a tank that's momentarily gone out of sight, or you need that crucial first volley to go for the armor and not the supporting infantry can be the difference between winning or losing the match. The current ghetto work around to this is to attack ground 90+ degrees opposite to where the turret is currently pointing and cancel it before it does actually shoot, obviously a hold fire ability is much more reliable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 5
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak