Login

russian armor

Infantry Blobs

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
23 Jul 2014, 08:57 AM

Blobbing is always possible in any game. It is just an all in strategy.

People like to see blobs face-roll everything, it gives a lot of satisfaction.

However if the blob dies because handled correctly, opposing player will abandon the game instantly 99% of the time.
25 Jul 2014, 09:50 AM
Donator 11

I agreed with you completely up until you said that a single MG would stop them in their tracks. I'd have to check to see if I still have the replays but last night I was playing a 2v2, the enemy blobbed a couple volks, sturmpios and a panzerfusiler together and charged at my MG on moscow. It was a vet 2 Maxim. I mean charged at it, like directly in the cone of fire. My MG was also in yellow cover. I think the first two squads got pinned and that was it of the 4-5. The rest just stood in the cone of fire and shot at my MG until I had to retreat.

Right now, blobbing is terrible. As OKW just throw a couple obersoldaten together with fallshrims and volks and you do and insane amount of damage before you even get CLOSE to the enemy.

I've dealt with blobs it's just not the easiest thing to do. Especially if you lose a squad or two in the process. MG teams are necessary now apparently. So is some form of indirect fire.

USF Mortar Halftrack is underused, has an incediary ability which is useful.

This is a standard game nowadays. No flanks or anything, just run at them with BARs and Zooks.

So true! Maxims dont counter blobs at the moment. You can run straight into the Maxim with blobs.
I agree that the Maxim might get to strong if it keeps its damage output and its high squad size combined iwth higher area supression but an MG that cannot suppress blobs is basically not doing its job!

I still think that this is an issue! At least in 2v2 games and higher where the control of massed forces is essential.

On a side note: I like the idea of a accuracy multiplier for more than 3 squads blobbed in a close proximity.

Best regards
22 Apr 2016, 16:49 PM

Exactly... This is not a new problem for relic to solve. COH1 suffered immensely from paratrooper blobbing, ranger spam, Brit blobbing and on and on. Eventually after 15 or so brutal and horrible game breaking patches one patch made it through with penalties to units blobbed together.

So I imagine they will bring the fix eventually in the form of a penalty for grouped units again as this is not a new issue. But then again.... OKW was released with heavy crush and allowing unit pushing with base trucks, which was a huge issue with the brits in coh1. It had taken years and numerous patches before it was fixed. so I may not have the same faith as others that this will be fixed soon.

Who the hell is on this dev team and why are they doing the same mistakes over and over again with COH2 ???? ugh.....

I couldn't agree more. Relic I have lost most of my hope playing of your games in the future.
22 Apr 2016, 16:50 PM

JESUS CHRIST! NECROMANCY! KILL IT!
22 Apr 2016, 17:22 PM

JESUS CHRIST! NECROMANCY! KILL IT!

GIVE ME THE DAMM FLAMTHROWER BEFORE AAA COMES IN
22 Apr 2016, 17:55 PM

An attempt to raise the thread through evil necromancy has been stopped and witch hunters have been dispatched.

LOCKED.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight