Login

russian armor

Rifle Company: How is it?

6 Jul 2014, 01:53 AM

This is for you lucky few who have it: How is it?
6 Jul 2014, 02:43 AM

It was my first War Spoils drop. Its really good. Having vet 2 rifles at the 2 or 3 minute mark is really really fun.
6 Jul 2014, 02:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I would very much like this commander to drop. Having early access to AT nades can be a boon against Kubels. Not that its a must have, but there are so many times I would like to fire one off at those little buggers but cant because its too early.
6 Jul 2014, 03:04 AM

I haven't used it(No drop) but it's the one I want the most. From seeing its abilities, and seeing it being used by friends, it looks by far to be the best USF doctrine. Rifles that are vetted off the bat(And you get them out instantly for that early map control) will win 9/10 times in the early fights so it gives you a very strong edge in the early game.

On top of that, as you're vetted straight off, the rifle grenades are an OK-ish vehicle deterrent and can turn engagements in your favour - If you see a deploying OKW truck for example, or if someone doesn't notice that you're lining up a shot on their Scout Car or Kubelwagon; I've even seen Halftracks taken out by it due to the set up time and the fact that every rifle has it due to vet straight away.

The Easy-Eight also looks like it's the only American battle tank worth while.
6 Jul 2014, 03:42 AM
Donator 11

It's an amazing doctrine. Not only do you have vet 2 riflmen by the second skrimish (presuming they don't straight up come vet 2), but it's a 0cp call in! 2 capping units 5 seconds into the game. They don't take up the hq's build queue so you can build an ambulance or upgrades whenever you want.

The easy 8 dominates all other medium tanks and preforms well against the cats if you have anything to tip the scales like engine damage. The 50 cal upgrade is excellent at mitigating it's poor anti infantry performance.

Flamethrower upgrade and phosphorus strike are kind of lackluster though. Upgrading flamers on the field rather than returning to base means you'll get one, but it doesn't lessen the pain of losing that vet 3 squad to a flamethrower explosion

Build order wise I think the most interesting part is that you can build an ambulance almost immediately after the first rifle squad, and still have enough manpower to get that second squad by the time the cool down is over. 4 capping units (2 rifles, rear echelon, medics) by ~2 minutes into the game.

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2014, 02:56 AMOhme
I would very much like this commander to drop. Having early access to AT nades can be a boon against Kubels. Not that its a must have, but there are so many times I would like to fire one off at those little buggers but cant because its too early.

I get mixed feelings of glee and guilt whenever I see a kubel now.
6 Jul 2014, 05:05 AM

It's outstanding.

Vet rifles can do quite well in the opening engagements, and in team games (3v3, 4v4; coordinated with friends on a voice chat--how I usually play) going with Grenades -> Bazooka unlock and waiting for flamers is pure gold. Three squads of Vet Rifles with a zook and flamer apiece backed up by a Zook-equipped Lieutenant and a metric butt ton of .50 cals and, eventually, M4A3E8s, is the way to go when facing the current mindless Obersoldaten, FSJ, and Panther/KT/JT spam meta. Especially against the poorly microed UBERMENSCH INFANTERIE hordes of the OKW in team games, those flamers are gold. And the willy pete strikes are nice for slowing up said infantry to leave them open to a flank or a nice flattening a-la an Easy 8.

Overall, 11/10, would use again and again and again as pretty much one of the only U.S. companies I bother with.
6 Jul 2014, 05:29 AM

Possibly more OP than Ostheer elite company
6 Jul 2014, 05:45 AM

Ugh, vanilla Riflemen are hard enough to beat (even with Elite Troops doctrine and vetting up to 3) with Grenadiers, can't imagine them off the bat with veterancy.
7 Jul 2014, 03:42 AM

My question is this: What do you guys do with armor typically once you hit 9 CPs and the game drags on to the 1 hr mark?

Say you start with M36s. How does your armor composition change?
7 Jul 2014, 03:55 AM

You can pretty much tech however you want in my experience, though some options are better in the right context. ~4 riflemen and grenades, LT and AAHT, or rush Cap for Stuart all seem to work okay depending on the map, matchup, and enemy build.

Later teching imo has different options as well. You can go LT-Cap-E8 spam, Cap (for stuarts and ats) - E8 spam, or get X - major (for Jackson and Howi) - E8, imo they're all viable given the right circumstances.
7 Jul 2014, 05:56 AM

How much is a vetted squad and how does it work (the vet, e.g. like the one of the Osttruppen callin where vet depends on RNG)?
7 Jul 2014, 06:03 AM

How much is a vetted squad and how does it work (the vet, e.g. like the one of the Osttruppen callin where vet depends on RNG)?

Back in alpha it was normal price, but long build time and a random amount of vet, so yea, RNG.
Not sure if its still build able or a call-in.
7 Jul 2014, 06:08 AM
Patrion 15

I haven't seen it since the alpha. When I played in the alpha the vetted squad took FOREVER to produce, which sort of negated its shock value. I didn't really think it was worth it, as the time it took the squad to hit the field was so damn long it would have been better to just have 2 rifles and let them vet on their own. Can anyone clarify if that has changed since then? How long does it take to produce compared to the normal rifle squad?
7 Jul 2014, 06:37 AM
Donator 11

It's a 0cp call in with a 1.5 minute cooldown.
7 Jul 2014, 06:41 AM

Can someone give me a screenshot of the Rifle Company Commander if they have it?
7 Jul 2014, 09:28 AM

Can someone give me a screenshot of the Rifle Company Commander if they have it?

Has a similar look of normal rifleman.
http://www.coh2.org/guides/19066/u.s.-forces-commanders
7 Jul 2014, 09:46 AM

Has a similar look of normal rifleman.
http://www.coh2.org/guides/19066/u.s.-forces-commanders

Meaning a screenshot of the full doctrine, showing all the abilities/call-ins you get with it.
7 Jul 2014, 10:14 AM

Meaning a screenshot of the full doctrine, showing all the abilities/call-ins you get with it.

Look again, they are there :D
7 Jul 2014, 18:21 PM

Look again, they are there :D

Ah, thought it was just the original three docs being shown, after scrolling down I realized there was more, my bad :P
7 Jul 2014, 19:23 PM

What do the vetted rifles cost? 280mp as usual?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment