Login

russian armor

Fighting Positions

13 Jul 2014, 00:24 AM

Pretty sure only riflemen get defensive stance :(. Plus, I really want to give RE's 1919's (and zooks) but a stiff breeze can cause them to perish. 1919's + vet OKW infantry = This

Shame, but is it then possible for riflemen to 'defensive stance' while in a fighting position? That'd at least let the FP without MG become a teensy bit more useful.

Also, when I see Obersoldaten that picture comes to mind O_O
13 Jul 2014, 03:44 AM

also I've done RE's with the the 1919's and it's pretty good too. There's no huge davantage over Regular BARS though, I préfet airborne since RE are Great for crewing weapons and paratroopers work well with a munitions Heavy strat.

My last game I played I equipped an RE with an 1919 and it proceeded to quickly get vet 3 and 28 kills by the end of a 1 hour 10 min game. When they get vet RE squads are much more durable. And this was only with 1 browning, imagine if I had 2 :D
13 Jul 2014, 04:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2014, 03:44 AMS73v0

My last game I played I equipped an RE with an 1919 and it proceeded to quickly get vet 3 and 28 kills by the end of a 1 hour 10 min game. When they get vet RE squads are much more durable. And this was only with 1 browning, imagine if I had 2 :D

Is the DPS really that much better than the regular bar though? The ability always seemed like the reason to get it on riflemen.
13 Jul 2014, 21:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Of course they're vulnerable to AT and mortar fire, how else would they be destroyed?

The funny thing is, you can actually repair fighting positions incredibly quickly. I've kept a fighting position alive while under constant mortar fire with a rear echelon squad and an ambulance no problem.
14 Jul 2014, 04:43 AM

Is the DPS really that much better than the regular bar though? The ability always seemed like the reason to get it on riflemen.

Yup need to see stats on this as well!
14 Jul 2014, 08:41 AM

I don't know the exact stats of lmg vs BAR but someone should definitely look it up. All I know is lmg is better at long range, BAR at close range. I always get infantry company for the lmg defensive stance so haven't been using the BAR lately.
15 Jul 2014, 10:12 AM

The squad dies if the enemy can get an explosive in the fighting position. Grenade, mortar etc. I've always been scared to put anything more than an REU inside there, haha.

Also for anyone thats interested, the rifle grenade does exactly half the damage of a normal grenade. Which is pretty nice considering that it costs no munitions for that rifle grenade to be shot, albeit randomly.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★