Login

russian armor

Fortifications Doctrine

4 Jul 2014, 18:21 PM
Patrion 15

So I was really excited to see if the bunker in the fortifications doctrine could provide healing, as this would allow me to skip T1, and was a little disappointed to find out that it can only be upgraded to an mg. Isn't this a little bit redundant in a commander that already provides a flak emplacement? Are there any circumstances that you would rather have a bunker? Maybe I'm missing something.
4 Jul 2014, 18:54 PM

Well, I guess the Flak Emplacement can shoot down planes and can shoot all around, but it fails against infantry so badly because it always keeps shooting the ground instead... the bunker is more reliable. It also doesn't cost fuel. So there you have two reasons why you might prefer the bunker.
4 Jul 2014, 18:56 PM

For one, bunker can't be decrewed and stolen.

Two, it doesn't cost fuel.
4 Jul 2014, 21:36 PM
Patrion 15

Oh I've never actually built the flak I didn't realize it costs fuel. Still, seems like an overlap in the commander tree, would have made sense to switch the flak emplacement w/ something else, or given bunkers more utility than just the mg.
4 Jul 2014, 21:48 PM

does this commander have any use? Might as well go joint ops ost IMO.
4 Jul 2014, 22:26 PM
Patrion 15

does this commander have any use? Might as well go joint ops ost IMO.

I'm talking about the OKW fortifications doctrine, which is a little more viable because the Pak43 would provide the only viable manpower based anti tank option for the faction. That being said it would only be useful on maps with grouped VPs, because its to much of a population/upkeep drain for as easily as its kited.
5 Jul 2014, 00:07 AM

I see its use only if someone went OKW and then decided that they wanted an option to make bunkers, mines, and pak43s. Otherwise, somebody going a defensive strat would be better off just playing as ostheer and using joint ops or something else.
5 Jul 2014, 01:38 AM
Patrion 27

If you are playing in a team game having access to Pak43 can be very strong if you are all OKW. It now out-ranges every vehicle in the game and can shred medium tanks like paper. you just have to hit vet 2 fast for the 100% rotation speed increase which is a piece of cake.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 18
United States 19
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak