Login

russian armor

Training Grounds is your new Company of Heroes 2 boot camp

4 Jul 2014, 16:24 PM
Senior Editor Badge

http://blogs.companyofheroes.com/2014/07/03/training-grounds-is-your-new-company-of-heroes-2-boot-camp/

Following the smorgasbord of new features that we introduced to Company of Heroes 2 with the recent release of The Western Front Armies most people would have expected us to take a long weekend and kick up our feet while celebrating either Canada Day or the Fourth of July. Instead we’ve introduced Training Grounds, a new sandbox style game mode that’s a new learning tool for CoH2.

A sandbox style game mode Training Grounds allows players to try various units, abilities and mechanics to help learn the game and to test out new strategies.

The base buildings are fully built and unlocked for players to be able to deploy any units without restrictions.

Units move slightly slower, allowing players extra time to react to opponent actions and position infantry or vehicles according to their tactics.

In Training Grounds players are granted more resources then in other game modes, so that they can build advanced units faster.

Have a unit you’ve always wanted to try? Training Grounds is a great tool to delve into all four armies.

If you’re new to the Company of Heroes 2 series you can get to feel the game’s combat system, maneuvering your troops and vehicles, practice in defend and attack. The Fog of War is removed from the map, so you can see what enemy is focused on.

Training Grounds will will help you to build your tactics and bring enough firepower to fight your opponent when you play CoH2‘s other game modes.

To access Training Grounds, please go to Main Menu -> Tutorials -> Training Grounds.

For more resources for new players visit our recent Company of Heroes 2 Boot Camp post which links to guides, videos and other resources to help players new to the game on the front lines.

4 Jul 2014, 16:55 PM

Neat. I did notice that I can't use my commanders though. My main interest is often the doctrine specific units you don't get your hands on unless you have the commander. Is that included or did I miss something?
4 Jul 2014, 16:58 PM

edit : It's a nice feature for new players.
5 Jul 2014, 04:20 AM

I kind of wish it was more like a Total War custom battle, where I can choose my units and the enemy units, and I could test them against one another.

Still, it's a nice little feature.
5 Jul 2014, 04:28 AM
Senior Caster Badge

obs mod plz
5 Jul 2014, 21:18 PM
Patrion 14

they should really let us use commanders owned or not in the training ground
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10