Login

russian armor

July 3rd Patch Notes

3 Jul 2014, 12:50 PM

Still nothing about any changes to war spoils? I care more about that then any balance problems to be honest.
3 Jul 2014, 13:17 PM

Im sorry but when a player is saying that he cares about balanced gameplay and in same time he is happy that one side is nerfed other is buffed i smell bulls...t. esspecially that game is fresh and is hard do tell meta and balance now.
Maybe volley fire can be abused but in same time it core skill for Rear E. Nerfing it make this unit obsolete (they should fine tune how it is used etc not in houses or suppressing more than one squad) - i never build them, they are very weak vs OKW infantry if they use tactics (2 squads) to kill them.
Kubel in right hands is more deadly than volley and you dont need to use ammo.
Strumpioners can kill retreating squads, paratroopers are useless in 1v1. Flak is good vs infantry and dont need to be buffed. Puma is good vs armor and infantry (when vetted) and two of them can be OP when supported with inf. And in same time in these units nothing is changed.
Relic is listening for whiners on forums and then they are nerfing/buffing wrong units making game less fun.
For first they should buff/change underused units, then you can nerf overused units and see how balance changes.
3 Jul 2014, 13:37 PM

Somewhat surprised by this-moderate nerfs to right things m3,aa truck,volley fire.
Good buff on ppsh.

But relic's ostheer hate continues unabated,now opel eliminated.T4 still dead.As does the incredible panther hate across both german factions..desperately trying to make players use the overpriced panther..by first nerfing tiger,now opel and still no use ..lol.
3 Jul 2014, 13:43 PM

Opel was greatly buffed for 1v1, making the doctrine even stronger in tourney games and it was already most popular one.

T4 is valid, just not for 1v1. Panthers are fine after the buff.

Tiger got better AI and AT then IS-2.

In short, L2P.
3 Jul 2014, 13:47 PM

Sounds good on paper, but will result in OKW camp-to-win with vet squads followed up with a flak truck in the middle of the map...

US late game is still too weak, there's nothing you can do when they start focus firing down your squads with vet high DPS units...If the US has to use Shermans, they all need much higher accuracy when moving. I don't understand where all this whining about OKW lack of AT is coming from, vet raketenwurfers are still too good for the original cost, not to mention shreks/fausts/Panthers/KTs...

In fact, most games I would say you are better spamming raketenwurfers and exploiting he fact that they can retreat, rather than going for a Panther...They also snipe infantry surprisingly often.

3 Jul 2014, 14:04 PM

Opel was greatly buffed for 1v1, making the doctrine even stronger in tourney games and it was already most popular one.

T4 is valid, just not for 1v1. Panthers are fine after the buff.

Tiger got better AI and AT then IS-2.

In short, L2P.

In 1 vs 1 opel would be a lategame luxury,because one would rather always get a cache.Only useful very late game...so no...basically another desperate attempt to force wehr players to use the gilded panther over tiger in team games.Another failed one at that.
Panther is not fine after the buff because its still inaccesible..the fact that i can't use my main stock tank and u consider that 'fine' is what shows ur utter bias.So no u L2P.especially germans.

Tiger is where it has always been..last lategame wehrmacht armor standing.
3 Jul 2014, 14:05 PM

Is this patch already in effect?
3 Jul 2014, 14:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

In 1 vs 1 opel would be a lategame luxury,because one would rather always get a cache.Only useful very late game...so no...basically another desperate attempt to force wehr players to use the gilded panther over tiger in team games.Another failed one at that.
Panther is not fine after the buff because its still inaccesible..the fact that i can't use my main stock tank and u consider that 'fine' is what shows ur utter bias.So no u L2P.especially germans.

Opel blitz is a fuel and munition cache for the price of one cache, why would you prefer a cache?
I dont see how panther is inaccessible when you have to wait longer for a tiger, especially in teamgames. T4 is good with the pwerfer and panther buffs. Just never fir a pwerfer at max range.
3 Jul 2014, 14:31 PM

Good patch, sadly some adjustments didn't happen.

Btw, Opels are bugged atm, no?
3 Jul 2014, 14:32 PM

Opel blitz is a fuel and munition cache for the price of one cache, why would you prefer a cache?
I dont see how panther is inaccessible when you have to wait longer for a tiger, especially in teamgames. T4 is good with the pwerfer and panther buffs. Just never fir a pwerfer at max range.

Getting a panther costs same or more than tiger,it can't touch infantry and is far more vulnerable..especially now with bazooka infantry.Far better to go pz 4-tiger.how many panthers u see in wehrmacht games these days..very few.In 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 maybe.

Opel bonus is lesser than caches far as i remember.
3 Jul 2014, 14:33 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Very nice patch which addressed the most glaring issues. GJ Relic.
3 Jul 2014, 14:34 PM

What is your rank? Is it safe for me to assume it have at least 4 digits?
I'm ~50 for axis and allies AT and am frequently using panther(I'm playing OKW atm) while my team mate goes for tigers or panzers. Panther performs well and is MORE durable then Tiger at vet2. Its fine, if you fail with it, you fail with the game.

And your denial about Opel doesn't make it any less valid. Cache gives 5 muni or 3 fuel. Opel gives 6muni+3fuel.

You don't even KNOW the faction you're zealously fanboying around.
3 Jul 2014, 14:43 PM

What is your rank? Is it safe for me to assume it have at least 4 digits?
I'm ~50 for axis and allies AT and am frequently using panther(I'm playing OKW atm) while my team mate goes for tigers or panzers. Panther performs well and is MORE durable then Tiger at vet2. Its fine, if you fail with it, you fail with the game.

And your denial about Opel doesn't make it any less valid. Cache gives 5 muni or 3 fuel. Opel gives 6muni+3fuel.

You don't even KNOW the faction you're zealously fanboying around.

Because reaching a ~50 rank is so hard atm with the new factions. Even i made it to top 50 with 21 1v1 US games. So whats your point? As far as i know, you barely played the game. Only from time to time with 2v2 mates. Do i brag in the forums what rank i am? Oh look im top 100 1v1 Soviet, look at me, im the best evur, you guys dont know the game and you guys dont have the right to post freely without me desperately trying to counter your argument! Because i haz better rank!!1
Its really pissing me off!
3 Jul 2014, 15:09 PM

I am pleasantly surprised at Relic's recent restraint. I see matters that needed attention being "tweaked" and a lot of nonissues that are being whined about by those who don't know how to balance not being needlessly addressed.

Kudos Relic, well done!

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 12:19 PMNEVEC
Most ridiculous patch ever.. Stupid okw buff.
What i see: 1.Ramboipos won't be nerfed. 2. Obersoldaten won't be nerfed. 3. Bazooka damage penetration isn't fixed. 4. 75mm okw howitzer isn't nerfed. 5. American 75mm howitzer isn't buffed. 6.Kubelwagen won't be changed. 7. okw Flak truck won't be nerfed. 8. Puma panzer tactician wasn't removed.
Hell, R̶e̶l̶i̶c̶ , Reich, are you drunken or what happend with balance designer, what a **** is going on?

So whats your point?

Pretty simple one-if you struggle against every single tactic and most units are OP while your are always underpowered, its like that usually because you are bad.

And that is the assumption you can safely take upon reading his posts.
3 Jul 2014, 15:17 PM

Okay, I guess the buff to 37mm is Relic's way of saying no 88mm for you guys, make do with 37mm instead. :(
3 Jul 2014, 16:28 PM

sherman HE will be overbuff. It just need scatter buff, not AOE buff. 3m radius is sufficient against 4 men squad. Sherman will be the new 105 bulldozer.

uploaded some HE kills before patch
3 Jul 2014, 16:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 16:28 PMy3ivan
sherman HE will be overbuff. It just need scatter buff, not AOE buff. 3m radius is sufficient against 4 men squad. Sherman will be the new 105 bulldozer.

uploaded some HE kills before patch

lol that kill was due to the fact that you clumped your unit up nicely.
3 Jul 2014, 16:47 PM
Patrion 27

lol that kill was due to the fact that you clumped your unit up nicely.

Yeah this is a specific thing going on in game. When you right click to capture points your troops will clump up as tight as possible at the CP. Units should be moved into the capture radius rather than right clicking the point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★