Login

russian armor

July 3rd Patch Notes

3 Jul 2014, 09:30 AM

Nice to see the buff to the Luchs, means it wont instantly die to a captain now.

The Puma change is really good, being unable to use aimed shot on the move always bugged me.

The Pz4 J Nerf is, I don't understand, why? Ok you got 2 tanks for 180 fuel but their stats kinda reflected that? (can someone data mine the stats please for comparison to regular PZ4), they feel really really weak in terms of HP and pretty much everything penetrates them unlike the Whermacht Pz4. The only thing they are good against is infantry, but US usually blob anyway with zooks half the time late game.

They feel like a t34/76 but slightly weaker, slower and have a much slower turret rotation so they are "bad" for flanking, most certainly rather have a Panther/command panther. Or if I need something that can deal with both tanks and Infantry, I'll get a Sturm.
3 Jul 2014, 09:30 AM

BTW How did you know I had played 35 1v1s as the WF armies? Did you really scroll through the top 200 in the ladders just to find out? I'm flattered :blush:

I guess he could've checked it here
3 Jul 2014, 09:48 AM

AA halftrack hope its still somewhat useful.
3 Jul 2014, 10:19 AM

in 1on1 now the US had 1 good early unit at 5-6 min...now it's nerfed. Pfft... I already struggle with them running into mg spam.

Prob with US is that don't get early AT in 1on1 like the OKW does. So essentially it's giving OKW free reign to get stronger. Rifles are nothing compared to falls or greater. And volley wasn't a problem in 1on1 because chances are you'd get killed by the OKW horde coming at you or flanked by the falls coming out of the building. Sure I've been beaten by the US before but I never felt as OKW that it was because anything was OP. In fact I'm learning now that you could volley out of buildings...never knew that. I just assuming that could not be done.
3 Jul 2014, 10:53 AM

[...]

Nerfing the US FHT was needed, it was too good for the time it hit the battlefield.

[...]Certainly don't concur with the price hike on the command Panther tho, seeing as the Panther already is fairly underwhelming - you'll get much more utility out of T34/85s, and compared to the real heavies (Tiger/IS-2) it plain sucks, not in the least due to its utter inability to hurt infantry.

Well, idk if the price for the normal Panther is perfect, but I was wondering why the command Panther was cheaper than the original, so this change is fine imo.
3 Jul 2014, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 07:27 AMCruzz
Neither would ever fail to penetrate previously, and neither would ever not get penetrated by the AA HT. And this won't change. The only actual change is thus acceleration and +5 fuel cost. Meanwhile the insane, 50% higher than ostwind DPS WITH FREE SUPPRESSION, is still there.

It's a surprising change. It had a suppression value of 0.4 before they removed it altogether in the Alpha due to overperforming early game. Not only did they add suppression back, they increased the damage penetration, and ROF of it, so it's even more powerful than it ever was in the Alpha. It'll be a great way to hold territory mid-late game (or early-game for those high risk, high-reward takers), and I can see the unit being hard to dislodge and risky even with Medium Tanks. AT guns would be the best viable option against it.
3 Jul 2014, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 05:15 AMfranko

OK ok i see you are expert with 35 games in 1vs1

Community in CoH is worst in all games, on forums there is only crying for nerfs (most from germany side) and crazy thing is that relic is lisening to them... i never saw a good replay to validate how one side is OP and other under-performing.
With volley fire nerfed what is primary role of this shity unit now ?

Very cheap repair/capping unit. It's great to have a throwaway unit you can use for harrassing If all units are expensive like with OKW, it's harder to harrass the enemy. Here is a 160MP capping force, which has a decent chance to win engagements.

Volley fire should not make it an auto-win vs Obersoldaten
3 Jul 2014, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 06:10 AMfranko

... 35 games with western front. Maybe he should play a little more to talk about unit nerfs?
Rear echelon... wow such great utility that can be performed better by other units. I can give you rear and give me kubel ok ? or better sturm that are shredding infantry.
Im really sick of biased post on coh forums. Everytime when okw,werhmacht player loses game it is because OP units, first soviets now US are OP.
Im not best player but also i'm not blaming my loses on OP units.

A - Longjohn already pointed out that he has 100s of games. The player criticising him got the stats wrong.

B - People are not blaming their losses on these units. They are pointing out that certain units make the game less enjoyable to play/ A lot of players here who are complaining about units play BOTH sides. You should listen to that kind of player and ignore the biased people who play only one side. You can check this by looking at a player card.
3 Jul 2014, 11:31 AM

A - Longjohn already pointed out that he has 100s of games. The player criticising him got the stats wrong.

B - People are not blaming their losses on these units. They are pointing out that certain units make the game less enjoyable to play/ A lot of players here who are complaining about units play BOTH sides. You should listen to that kind of player and ignore the biased people who play only one side. You can check this by looking at a player card.

*sorry for 3 posts in a row :spam:*
3 Jul 2014, 11:54 AM

They nerfed the US aa halftrack and buffed PPSH (YUS!!!1)
but i think that the Flak building buff was not needed at all.

They also didnt change the timeframe the two halftracks arrive. They come way too early, early infantry skirmishes are ruined by it.
3 Jul 2014, 12:07 PM

-M15A1 AA Halftrack
Cost increased from 55 fuel to 60 fuel
Penetration reduced from 30 / 40 / 50 to 30 / 35 / 40
Acceleration decreased from 4.75 to 4
Armor reduced from 20.5 to 15
Rear Armor reduced from 15 to 10

-Volley Fire
Added Animator state while ability is active
Rear Echelon now receive a 50% receive accuracy penalty while active
Removed Cooldown bonus
Removed Reload Bonus
Reduce suppression values from 0.4 to 0.2

Relic, why do you always do this?

Don't nerf like 50 things at the same time on a single unit, it makes them unbelievably shitty.

Like, seriously, let's take Volley Fire for example, you've made REs;

1. Unable to move

2. Half as accurate

3. Lowered the rate of fire

4. Half'd the suppression value

Did you not think maybe of cutting two, or at least one of those changes out and seeing how it went? Call me crazy here but changing multiple variables at once does not yield an accurate result.

And the same thing with the USF HT. You made it more expensive, which is fine, then you made it worse which is WTF when you take it in context with a price increase.

Do you guys just sit around a table, pitch a load of potential nerfs and instead of discussing things and hammering it out in order to provide the best solution, just throw all the suggestions into a single patch and say "Well, we'll see how it works"?

And now with the Flak Building, you're telling me Americans have to go to Tier 4 in order to counter a flak gun? It counters infantry, it counters light vehicles; Why don't you just call it the "GG NO RE" building while you're at it because all they need to do now is park it as aggressively as possible and totally lock their opponents out of that side of the map.

Like, the USF got nerfed; Absolutely something needed to be done. Then you went and buffed OKW, which was precisely the opposite of what needed to be done after you nerfed USF!

There are a whole laundry list of bullshit things OKW can do that is being totally ignored. Actually, they even made some of it even stronger. The US-OKW match up is fucked now.
3 Jul 2014, 12:12 PM

Did you not think maybe of cutting two, or at least one of those changes out and seeing how it went? Call me crazy here but changing multiple variables at once does not yield an accurate result.

Nah, volley was OP in so many ways that it needed several different changes at once before it could even approach reasonable. We shall see if that actually happened or not.

And the same thing with the USF HT. You made it more expensive, which is fine, then you made it worse which is WTF when you take it in context with a price increase.

In fact the only thing that has actually changed is that it accelerates a bit slower and costs 5 more fuel. The unit needed a lot more than this, but alas it didn't happen.
3 Jul 2014, 12:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Relic, why do you always do this?

Don't nerf like 50 things at the same time on a single unit, it makes them unbelievably shitty.

Like, seriously, let's take Volley Fire for example, you've made REs;

1. Unable to move

2. Half as accurate

3. Lowered the rate of fire

4. Half'd the suppression value

In the case of volley you might be right. It's better to have it underperform than dominate both german factions though.

With the AAHT M15, I honestly think the nerf didn't fix it at all. The price increase is nominal- 5 fuel is 15 seconds delay. It still suppresses on the move, still will defeat the OKW halftrack easily, and will still massacre infantry since penetration means nothing vs infantry squads. Armor will still be better than the Wehr halftrack, and that takes several minutes of multiple squads firing to destroy- and the M15 can kill attacking squads in a burst, AND can suppress to make return fire ineffective to boot.
3 Jul 2014, 12:19 PM

Most ridiculous patch ever.. Stupid okw buff.
What i see: 1.Ramboipos wasn't nerfed. 2. Obersoldaten wasn't nerfed. 3. Bazooka damage penetration isn't fixed. 4. 75mm okw howitzer isn't nerfed. 5. American 75mm howitzer isn't buffed. 6.Kubelwagen wasn't changed. 7. okw Flak truck wasn't nerfed. 8. Puma panzer tactician wasn't removed.
Hell, R̶e̶l̶i̶c̶ , Reich, are you drunken or what happend with balance designer, what a **** is going on?
3 Jul 2014, 12:19 PM
Benefactor 115

2. Half as accurate

Nope. The squad will be easier to hit (50% recieved accuracy) and therefore easier to kill with small arms when the ability is active.
3 Jul 2014, 12:24 PM

Nope. The squad will be easier to hit (50% recieved accuracy) and therefore easier to kill with small arms when the ability is active.

Oh I misread there. My B.

BUT OMGWTF NOW IT CAN'T MOVE AND IS WEAKER RELIC Y U DO DIS 2 ME

Sigh, I'll just have to adapt. I'm sure spamming more Riflemen is the solution.
3 Jul 2014, 12:29 PM

German op again (Like everytime)
3 Jul 2014, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 12:19 PMNEVEC
Most ridiculous patch ever.. Stupid okw buff.
What i see: 1.Ramboipos wasn't nerfed. 2. Obersoldaten wasn't nerfed. 3. Bazooka damage penetration isn't fixed. 4. 75mm okw howitzer isn't nerfed. 5. American 75mm howitzer isn't buffed. 6.Kubelwagen wasn't changed. 7. okw Flak truck wasn't nerfed. 8. Puma panzer tactician wasn't removed.
Hell, R̶e̶l̶i̶c̶ , Reich, are you drunken or what happend with balance designer, what a **** is going on?
Brad said they will be taking a look at weapon teams next patch. They will also be looking at target priority.

http://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/29oyd5/july_2nd_update_notes/
3 Jul 2014, 12:39 PM

Always this whining and crying fanboys before the patch is even out.

The flak building still can be destroyed by a single at gun since it outranges the building. I honestly still won't risk it to build it near the front, as losing it is a huge drawback and at guns are a threat you always have to keep in mind.

I never had big problems with the volley fire, but then again I usually used cover and focus fire to scare rear echelons off.

As pointed out the aa track still has the same performance against t2 vehicles. I just won't shred t3 & t4 units anymore (and by this I mean the Luchs or stug)
3 Jul 2014, 12:49 PM

Well, I am all for the nerfs but seriously they have gone a little overboard with them. I think a smaller change was required after trying out the units etc.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★