Login

russian armor

July 3rd Patch Notes

3 Jul 2014, 06:04 AM

To be honest the OKW needs a vehicle that can reliably punish infantry and push an early game advantage in a way that infantry simply can't. If the panzer II could fill this role it would be a much needed change.

Thats what flak HT does.

P2 should either get improved accuracy or all lights should get more hp, hell 40 more would go a long way.
3 Jul 2014, 06:05 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 05:15 AMfranko

OK ok i see you are expert with 35 games in 1vs1

Community in CoH is worst in all games, on forums there is only crying for nerfs (most from germany side) and crazy thing is that relic is lisening to them... i never saw a good replay to validate how one side is OP and other under-performing.
With volley fire nerfed what is primary role of this shity unit now ?

Umm I have 400+ games played in 1v1 with a pretty even distribution among all factions and am ranked in the top 100 in all factions except soviet, which I'm ranked ~180 and have been as high as 85 so not sure where your getting this info. I don't have any bias to any faction, I just want to see good, balanced gameplay. I have my player card visible right under my avatar.

Also @ Kaititof, the FHT is not a medium vehicle. Its a squishy glass cannon that acts as a very early shock unit, it can certainly end the game early, but only if used to perfection. I'm talking about a medium AI vehicle that can push an advantage before soviet call ins(T34/85s for example) arrive. Also consider the fact that in its current state it isn't even as effective as a T70 and costs a little more.
3 Jul 2014, 06:10 AM

35 games in 1v1? I see 219 games as soviets, 191 as wehrmacht.

And the fact of the matter is, volley fire was overperforming to a very large degree. Therefore it was nerfed. Rear echelon can deny garrison, capture points, build tank traps and wire, equip rifle nades in fighting positions, AND still use the toned-down volley fire.

... 35 games with western front. Maybe he should play a little more to talk about unit nerfs?
Rear echelon... wow such great utility that can be performed better by other units. I can give you rear and give me kubel ok ? or better sturm that are shredding infantry.
Im really sick of biased post on coh forums. Everytime when okw,werhmacht player loses game it is because OP units, first soviets now US are OP.
Im not best player but also i'm not blaming my loses on OP units.
3 Jul 2014, 06:11 AM

I don't mind them getting these, but Relic obviously did another step back here, especially with satchels vs bunkers AGAIN. There goes reliable T1 counter.

Regarding luchs hp, all light tanks should get it and now that luchs have active camo its survivability will be way over the top, they all arrive too late to be meaningful and just cover in terror for being 2 shot by AT.

Agreed with the Satchel thing, they need to one-shot bunkers, it's the T1 bunker hard-counter.

The Luchs though I'm okay with, since it has less armour and a weaker gun than the T-70 or M5 Stuart. The M5 Stuart can stun tanks and the T-70 has recon mode.
3 Jul 2014, 06:18 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 06:10 AMfranko

... 35 games with western front. Maybe he should play a little more to talk about unit nerfs?
Rear echelon... wow such great utility that can be performed better by other units. I can give you rear and give me kubel ok ? or better sturm that are shredding infantry.
Im really sick of biased post on coh forums. Everytime when okw,werhmacht player loses game it is because OP units, first soviets now US are OP.

Did you even read all of what I had to say? My comments aren't crying for buffs/nerfs to any faction in particular. Lol @ this guy calling me out for being faction biased and saying that the coh community is bad without even bothering to read the entire content of my posts.

BTW How did you know I had played 35 1v1s as the WF armies? Did you really scroll through the top 200 in the ladders just to find out? I'm flattered :blush:
3 Jul 2014, 06:19 AM

Im really sick of biased post on coh forums. Everytime i when okw,werhmacht player loses game it is because OP units, first soviets now US are OP.

Except volley fire was BS. You could volley fire while in a building. You could volley fire with two men and one has a BAR. Volley fire is as successful as pinning units in green cover as in no cover. You could volley fire super far away and pin. You could volley fire pin multiple units at once. You could volley fire a bazooka and blow everything up. All for 20 munitions.

If that wasnt over the top, then you need to be quiet.

Vetlolcake doesnt count. No one likes him. As for biased nerfs/buffs, there hasnt been any claims like that for a long time - it was horrible months ago. The changes addressed areas that didnt perform to how Relic wanted them to, and the changes may or may not destroy everything.
3 Jul 2014, 06:49 AM

... 35 games with western front. Maybe he should play a little more to talk about unit nerfs? [...]

If you challenge other peoples competence by saying they have not played enough games yet, why don't you show your player card? ;)
3 Jul 2014, 06:51 AM

Mmmm interesting. Puma is going to have a profound effect on the mid-game. Sherman will most likely be chosen over the Sherman bulldozer now, considering it is cheaper and even more effective thanks to these changes. Some other nice changes. I am really looking forward to the new PPsH readings. Hopefully they'll be good at mid-range again, will take a look tomorrow. Rest of the changes are meh.
3 Jul 2014, 07:03 AM

A little nervous about an earlier flak HQ from OKW being placed forward and running the game. Hopefully that's not an issue.

Other than that good changes.
3 Jul 2014, 07:03 AM

Good changes, but once again buffs and nerfs are over-done. The damage on the flak sws truck was effectively quadrupled, so now if you accidentally find the flak truck with any light vehicle it's going to die immediately. I do think the flak truck needed a buff, but it wasn't so crappy that it needed four times the damage.

What about making smaller changes and seeing if they work? The M3 is the best example of Relic's issues with over-reacting to balance problems; that vehicle has gone from OP to crap and back again a few times already.

I couldn't agree more.

I've never been a fan of Relics approach to large changes in normally larger patches.
3 Jul 2014, 07:05 AM

A little nervous about an earlier flak HQ from OKW being placed forward and running the game. Hopefully that's not an issue.

Other than that good changes.

It's going to be sitting on your cut off :snfBarton:
3 Jul 2014, 07:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 07:03 AMwuff

I couldn't agree more.

I've never been a fan of Relics approach to large changes in normally larger patches.

+1

That's quite a heavy buff for the Basehalftrack Flakcannon and a harsh nerf for the M15AA, we'll see what it brings.

3 Jul 2014, 07:10 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Panzer IV Battle Group 9CP??
When 2xT34/85 is 10CP. This should be changed.
3 Jul 2014, 07:27 AM

I don't understand how the M15 AA changes are supposed to make it easier for any of those vehicles.

222 penetration is 35. 222 armor is 9.
Puma penetration is >80. Puma armor is 25.
OKW FLAK HT penetration is >20. Armor is 11.

None would ever fail to penetrate previously, and would always get penetrated in return. And this won't change with the new values. The only actual change is thus acceleration and +5 fuel cost. Meanwhile the insane, 50% higher than ostwind DPS WITH FREE SUPPRESSION, is still there.

The quadrupling of the flak HQ damage is also way overboard, even doubling it would've already made it quite powerful. Now it'll effectively lock up the entire firing area around it.
3 Jul 2014, 07:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2014, 07:05 AMwuff

It's going to be sitting on your cut off :snfBarton:

I wouldn't be to afraid of that. I predict that it will be placed rather on OKW player's cutoff in order to avoid the "cutt-offing". Meaning that it will mainly be used defensively. Any too risky placement(and closer to the enemy base is a risky location) would expose it to a non avoidable distruction (range weapons, AT weapons, joint attacks, etc), and turn the tide of battle.

I don't think that OKW players will risk that much. I wouldn't.
3 Jul 2014, 07:48 AM

Good changes all around I think. The US flak HT is better than the OKW flak HT in every possible way, so every nerf, despite how small is welcome. The Flak truck buff is also welcome since US riflemen can literally just walk past the thing without taking much damage; I'v had it happen to me countless times in ranked 2v2 where the US player just walked up to the Flak truck with bazookas and blew it to hell.

I'm also glad that they didn't nerf the Obersoldaten or Walking Stuka since those 2 units are essential to surviving Russian and US infantry spam/blobs; if Relic nerfed them then the OKW wouldn't have any hard counters to US and Russian infantry, and I would've most likely quit CoH2 but luckily that's not the case.
3 Jul 2014, 07:50 AM
Donator 33

Interesting that they distinguish data from higher level games (re the flak building). I'd say it's definitely the right way to go about balancing things, but does make some changes surprising for those of us slugging it out on the randomly matched team games.
3 Jul 2014, 08:09 AM

Good thing they finally buffed the PPSh. Certainly don't concur with the price hike on the command Panther tho, seeing as the Panther already is fairly underwhelming - you'll get much more utility out of T34/85s, and compared to the real heavies (Tiger/IS-2) it plain sucks, not in the least due to its utter inability to hurt infantry.
3 Jul 2014, 08:44 AM

How annoying, they already nerf Panzer IV call in before most people even got to try them out to find out how good they even are :(
3 Jul 2014, 09:04 AM

Man I'm not really sure how is that nerfed the AA Halftrack ? Reduced armor ?

As a Ostheer players, getting a Pak gun out in 5 mins is something quite.... hard when US rifleman is still better. This patch is good if you play OKW but not Ostheer in 1vs1.

But well cheers, no more annoying volley fire! at least we get rid of 1 thing!

And HE sherman will make sherman worth using !

Wait yo dog still no hold fire for M10 and M36 ? Come on man what the hell ?

It would be better if OKW start like this....

- Tier 1: Searchlight/ Jadpanther/ Flak halftrack
- Tier 2 : Puma/ Panzer II/ Stuka
- Tier 3 : Support gun/ Panther/ Big daddy/ Ober.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Netherlands 57
France 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment