Login

russian armor

Ways to improve War Spoils

30 Jun 2014, 13:05 PM

Or they should add a commander every month for example so there is always something fresh to look forward to.
30 Jun 2014, 14:55 PM
30 Jun 2014, 15:22 PM

I really dislike the idea of commanders being random drops only. I actually would prefer that they sell it as an option as well.

Think about it, it's an option that directly affects gameplay, it should be available to everyone, either through earning it somehow in game, or being able to purchase it. It's horrible to have something as important as a commander be based purely on random drops in a game that's meant to be able to be competitive.

I wouldn't mind if there was some kind of 'guarantee' to unlock XX commanders after XX hours or something, but pure random is just weird to me.
30 Jun 2014, 16:32 PM

Commanders are overrated imo...
;)
Hux
30 Jun 2014, 17:16 PM
Patrion 14

Lot's of different playstyles made the game different every time I played. The thing is that I really want an american commander, so I keep playing them to get one to drop. I don't want to play another faction til I get at least one american. I don't want to switch to another faction, because then odds are I'll get one of the ones I don't really want. So I'm stuck playing the same three american doctrines until I get one.

It's not that I would quit the game forever, but I was already an alpha tester and played americans a lot already. So I might just play other games til the systems fixed.

This is the wrong reason to be playing the game, IMO. This kind of behaviour is akin to addiction, in as much that you play for extended periods of time (in this case, only with a single faction) because you want the reward. You likely wont stop this until you get one and once you do you'll likely go back to similar behaviour in order to get the other commanders for that faction (and then the others). All speculation of course, but disturbing regardless.

This kind of trend in online gaming is becoming quite worrying, at least in the sense that I'm not really sure if people are playing the game or it is really playing them...

OT:

I'd much rather see individual CP abilities be dropped after games (take the PAK 43 ability for the sake of this post) and a commander would only be unlocked when you had collected all the abilities that made up that commander. For this to work I guess abilities that overlap certain commanders could only be 'sunk' into any given one and in order to be used to unlock another the player would have to wait for the ability to drop again.

I think this would give people a much more visual way of monitoring how close they were to unlocking certain commanders (as well as helping familiarise everyone with the catalogue of commanders themselves)

Trading abilities would be nice also - not for real money, but definitely for in game unlocks.

30 Jun 2014, 17:18 PM
Patrion 14

They should have 'commander weekends' where all the commanders are unlocked and you get a higher chance to get a commander drop (Like guaranteed commander after 3-4 hours). This will bump player base back up in quiet periods, it could bring players back to see how the game has improved through patches.

This is a very good idea. I play a bit of Diablo 3 and community weekends like this are always a blast with loads of people on MP.
30 Jun 2014, 17:26 PM

Commanders are overrated imo...
;)

No, commanders are like pokemon, gotta catch them all!

70% being a disappointment is another thing(I will never use partisans again until they will have their accuracy penalty removed completely, KV-1 is only remotely less disappointing only after half year).
1 Jul 2014, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jun 2014, 17:16 PMHux

I'd much rather see individual CP abilities be dropped after games (take the PAK 43 ability for the sake of this post) and a commander would only be unlocked when you had collected all the abilities that made up that commander. For this to work I guess abilities that overlap certain commanders could only be 'sunk' into any given one and in order to be used to unlock another the player would have to wait for the ability to drop again.

I think this would give people a much more visual way of monitoring how close they were to unlocking certain commanders (as well as helping familiarise everyone with the catalogue of commanders themselves)

Trading abilities would be nice also - not for real money, but definitely for in game unlocks.

Interesting suggestion.
1 Jul 2014, 19:44 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Everyone agrees about duplicates

In so far Relic have justified them the arguement is that without duplicates everything would get unlocked too fast

Solutions to that are:

1) Have unlocking becoming more difficult the more unlocks you have

2) Make having duplicates useful, which means either trading or stacking

There's lots I can say about option 2, however it doesn't look like they have any plans to make duplicates be worth something, or they would not have given an option to delete them.

Ideally I would have this:

Bulletins can be earned in two ways:

1) By the old method linking them to achievement

2) By War Spoils

If you have unlocked via method 1, random drops of the same bulletin can be stacked

Commanders you can pay for or earn by war spoils, but you should never have a duplicate
1 Jul 2014, 22:50 PM

I think war spoils is great for skins, bulletins, and face plates. For Commanders however, it is a little ridiculous.

The rarity, duplicates, and the abundance of possible rewards makes the whole system frustrating when it comes down to Commanders. It's fun to be rewarded with different skins or a new bulletin but when you're hunting for Commanders it devalues the other rewards which just tend to disappoint you when otherwise you'd probably be pretty happy with them.

They should just take the plunge and finally do what they should have done all along...and that is to tie ALL the Commanders to rank levels to be earned at realistic intervals. Think of all the turmoil and bad press this game could have avoided by just doing this from the start.

I understand Relic needs to keep the lights on so I'm not totally against monetizing through DLC but that DLC should be substantial (Theater or War, new campaigns, new armies) not through the nickel and dime process of selling commanders.
1 Jul 2014, 23:33 PM
Patrion 14

i dont mind duplicates. i got three 'rare' 5% increase fire rate for sherman. so if i stack them i get 15% fire rate i presume which is pretty sweet.
2 Jul 2014, 00:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge

However when you get a 4th...
2 Jul 2014, 03:50 AM

i dont mind duplicates. i got three 'rare' 5% increase fire rate for sherman. so if i stack them i get 15% fire rate i presume which is pretty sweet.

I highly doubt they stack like that. Bulletins are intended to be slight passive increases. A 15% increased fire rate on a factions MBT is not slight.
2 Jul 2014, 04:28 AM
Patrion 14

I highly doubt they stack like that. Bulletins are intended to be slight passive increases. A 15% increased fire rate on a factions MBT is not slight.

no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if that is not the case... i am sad
2 Jul 2014, 06:31 AM
Patrion 310

Abandon the war spoil system for commanders please.
It is getting on my nerves. Skins bulletins victory thingy faceplates I don' t mind but commanders are the things that expand the factions abilities. So please relic let us buy the commanders. Everyone of us can spend a few dollars on commanders.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★