Login

russian armor

Stream sniping - da hell is that?

6 Mar 2013, 13:28 PM

Before i start my epic Topic about stream sniping let's define some words like "stream snipe" and "stream cheating"

Stream snipe - trying to get matched with a streamer in ranking games

Stream cheating - watching your opponent stream, knowing what he's doing, usually when someone is stream cheating the game is lagging, because he have to alt-tab sometimes or when his listening the stream a game may lag as well

words to streamers - if you don't like when someone stream snipes you then don't stream, it's fooking ridiculous when streamers cries because someone sniped him, also if you think that someone is stream cheating on you, then watch this replay, and send it to Relic (or SEGA, dunno) and say that he was maphacking not stream cheating

http://pl.twitch.tv/helpinghans/b/374155119

That's example where people don't know what stream snipe and stream cheating is

game from ~51:00 to 1:11, funny how Hans raged after that and he found very bad excuses to his lost game

Hans, sorry for creating this topic but i had to, i know you are cool guy but sometimes you really act like a kid :/ and one more, if you want to report our game or future games in which you think someone is stream cheating then watch replay first, don't insult people for no reason
6 Mar 2013, 13:45 PM

dont steal my car barton pls not
6 Mar 2013, 13:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Hans, sorry for creating this topic but i had to, i know you are cool guy but sometimes you really act like a kid :/

Says you?! :rofl: :lolol:

But yeah if you stream, expect to be sniped and don't cry about it when you lose.
6 Mar 2013, 13:56 PM

Says you?! :rofl: :lolol:

But yeah if you stream, expect to be sniped and don't cry about it when you lose.

why would i cry when someone sniped me? i don't care that much about losing/winning, especially when games aren't important for like for others, this is also for you GeneralHell, you take games too serious

dont steal my car barton pls not

better keep your car safe, i'm coming for it MVGame
6 Mar 2013, 14:00 PM

isnt it kinda sad when you need streamsnipe to win??? idc about stats, win or lose but im just curious
6 Mar 2013, 14:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge

why would i cry when someone sniped me? i don't care that much about losing/winning, especially when games aren't important for like for others, this is also for you GeneralHell, you take games too serious

I wasn't talking about that.. ;)
6 Mar 2013, 14:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

isnt it kinda sad when you need streamsnipe to win??? idc about stats, win or lose but im just curious

I think you mean stream cheating. Stream sniping results in nothing but being featured on the streamers stream. So, the maximum you can get out of it is bragging rights, if you beat the streamer in front of his audience.
6 Mar 2013, 14:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Can't you just put a delay (like 30 seconds/1 minute) on the stream? For example using Open Broadcaster Software which is free there's an option called "Delay".
6 Mar 2013, 14:29 PM

He is fat fcuk, will die soon in 10 years from heart attack. lol
6 Mar 2013, 14:31 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Can't you just put a delay (like 30 seconds/1 minute) on the stream? For example using Open Broadcaster Software which is free there's an option called "Delay".

1 Minute is not enough to keep streamsnipers away (since automatch usually takes longer than that to find a game). And a delay doesn't work for the streamers that like to interact alot with the chat (Like Hans and Stephenn for example). That would get 'out of sync' so to say ;)

Only solution would be a 'gentleman agreement' ^^ If you want to streamsnipe, atleast tell them who you are at the start of the game. Atm you only hear them brag when they've won. But if they lose you'll never hear them ofcourse. Which is really lame..
6 Mar 2013, 14:31 PM

who said i need to stream snipe to win?
6 Mar 2013, 14:44 PM

I don't mind at all getting sniped, just don't do it with some random name, making me assume I'm playing some random noob and get demo's after 2 rifles ^^
6 Mar 2013, 15:00 PM

Barton, please don't accuse others of acting childish again, I might seriously injure myself if I laugh myself off my chair again.

But stream sniping (as in, trying to get matched with people who are streaming) is just a part of a game that might only have half a dozen potential opponents autoing at the same time as you (it won't be nearly so valid in CoH2 when the 1v1 auto will probably be host to 50+ people at a time to begin with). I normally put a minute's delay on my stream but I've been stream sniped and stream cheated by people in the past anyway; but who cares honestly. it's normally very obvious who those people are anyway and if its done maliciously (ie with some troll dumbfuck name and loads of in game abuse) then it's really just a demonstration of how sad and lonely those people are.
6 Mar 2013, 15:23 PM

Stream sniping is something you just have expect when your streaming and you have to accept it. If you really can't handle it, simply play random to nullify it or cover your faction choice in automatch with a layer. A delay could be viable aswell but automatch takes quite some time.

A delay is more useful in terms of stopping stream cheating, but I like to talk to the people as I stream and it would make that impossible. I would never change my own style simply because of a select few that stream cheat. And trust me it is only a few people that do this! Most people truly have a sense of fair game which I greatly appreciate :)

Honestly I can't see Barton stream cheating though. He has never done it to me and yet he plays/snipes me a great deal. I think his computer is crap aswell and it wouldn't allow him to play CoH and stream cheat at the same time. Although he is a childish troll at the best of times, he does have standards.

Also people who constantly have a go at Barton's appearence sicken me by the way. They are low blows, completely out of context and are unnecessary. You could say the same about Barton's trolling, but his is generally game related abuse and it ends once you walk away. I know many people in real life that have been completely broken down in confidence due petty things of this nature. It is the one thing which angers me most of all, when I see someones self-esteem hindered and their own approach to life restricted due to other peoples comments. Just be aware of it can have effects please.

6 Mar 2013, 15:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Mar 2013, 15:00 PMTommy
Barton, please don't accuse others of acting childish again, I might seriously injure myself if I laugh myself off my chair again.

i said that Hans acted like a kid when he removed me from friends on facebook MVGame and he though this might help in something, well that's, how you called childish acting. And if you thing that i act like that, just write example when i acted like that

But stream sniping (as in, trying to get matched with people who are streaming) is just a part of a game that might only have half a dozen potential opponents autoing at the same time as you (it won't be nearly so valid in CoH2 when the 1v1 auto will probably be host to 50+ people at a time to begin with). I normally put a minute's delay on my stream but I've been stream sniped and stream cheated by people in the past anyway; but who cares honestly. it's normally very obvious who those people are anyway and if its done maliciously (ie with some troll dumbfuck name and loads of in game abuse) then it's really just a demonstration of how sad and lonely those people are.

you got replays in which someone stream cheated on you? or is it just nothing meaning words?

Anyway, when i'm stream sniping someone i do it because i really hope for a good game, i'm not playing that much lately, i'm mostly watching streams and sometimes happens to snipe someone MVGame automatching in 1v1 is so lame because lot of noobs are playing and hard to find a good opponent these days

another great example how low your intellectual level is. if you think that i'm fat, then 80% Europeans and Americans are fat. Seriously dudes, you're talking such a sad stories that it's pathetic to even read it

I wasn't talking about that.. ;)

ok, i though you were talking about me, when I would stream someday MVGame
6 Mar 2013, 15:47 PM

i've been trying to tell people about the differences of stream sniping/cheating for ages... yet, even in this thread, where in the very first post a definition is posted, people get those 2 terms confused.

also: stream sniping even works in SC2 to a certain degree, so it's not necessarily about few people in automatch queue (though it helps a lot)

TLDR;
stream snipe: legit, stream cheat: not
get fucking over it
6 Mar 2013, 15:52 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

One of the COHEXERTSS calling someone else an immature kid?

Now thats funny.
6 Mar 2013, 16:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

as for the legitness of this thread its fine except for the whole calling hans out. whether its true or not does it really add anything to this thread other than to start a shit fest. though there was a disclaimer at the bottom.
also this:
6 Mar 2013, 16:09 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

The only reason Barton created the thread is to troll Hans.
6 Mar 2013, 16:13 PM

I don't get why people would have to stream snipe instead of just asking for a basic?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
Korea, Republic Of 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment