Login

russian armor

King tiger help

28 Jun 2014, 16:47 PM

So I have seen it twice now, and each time with two Jackson's and an abundance of bazookas I still cannot get rid of one. How are people dealing with it?
28 Jun 2014, 16:58 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Win before they tech up to it.
28 Jun 2014, 17:03 PM

Win before they tech up to it.

Valid point. Go for cutt-offs dont let them have fuel and destroy their trucks if u can. If he can easly save so much resources and still cope up with u on battlefield u aint doing something right
28 Jun 2014, 20:00 PM

A) That is not a valid counter
B) if your opponent has good unit preservation, and sends his units back to the med vehicle often, the Man power bleed on those vet 3-5 units is next to none, And so late game it becomes easier to save up for the tank
28 Jun 2014, 20:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

B) if your opponent has good unit preservation, and sends his units back to the med vehicle often, the Man power bleed on those vet 3-5 units is next to none, And so late game it becomes easier to save up for the tank

It's not like the med truck moves, get some indirect and punish him.
28 Jun 2014, 20:39 PM

Your only chance is the M36 Jackson really, and you need multiple of them. Use their range and always try to get rear shots as that'll give you the best chance of penetration. In long team games where the sides are even and German heavy armor is imminent, hordes of Jacksons is my go-to plan and usually I can score 30k - 40k vehicle damage from them alone.

Engaging the KT from the front, you only have 47% chance of penetration (and that is from close range). From rear though, you have an 88% chance of penetration. Using the armor piercing ability gives you a better chance, but I'm not sure exactly how much extra.

The Jackson has 60 range (same as the SU-85) compared to King Tiger's 40. You can also reasonably kite it since the KT is very slow - the Jackson has almost double the speed of KT. Both tanks do 240 damage. Jacksons need 6 penetrating shots to take down a KT whereas the King Tiger can take down a Jackson in 2 shots. I wouldn't rush a King Tiger since that's almost always a losing proposition unless it only has a sliver of health left or something. It's better to play it safe and build up veterancies on your own TDs.

I've found this to work very well with the Airborne commander since you can augment your assault with the P-47 Thunderbolt Rocket Strike and use Pathfinders (in hold fire) to spot for you so you can engage the KT at max range. Also remember that your Major has the recon plane ability if you need to scout for it. Sometimes it's worth trading 1-2 of your own tanks for the KT since in a lot of cases, this is OKW's end, end game.
29 Jun 2014, 00:55 AM

M36 Jackson outranges it, and with HVAP rounds is very likely to penetrate it. Only problem is it requires a lot of micro. Have a Howitzer/mortar carrier to kill any enemy AT which may support the king tiger. As above P47 strike is also good.

Also Riflemen's rifle grenades can damage the KT's engine, making it absolutely useless (virtually immobile)
29 Jun 2014, 00:59 AM

Use the Jackson but also get another vehicle (anything: ambulance, light vehicle) to block its pathfinding and call the P47 in. Add one AT gun for good measure.
29 Jun 2014, 01:23 AM

Use the Jackson but also get another vehicle (anything: ambulance, light vehicle) to block its pathfinding and call the P47 in. Add one AT gun for good measure.

You think the KT is unsupported that you can have an weak ambulance blocking his path?
29 Jun 2014, 02:25 AM

If your opponent is able to accrue the resources to built a KT, you're not hurting him enough.

Anyway, use mines, rear bazookas and AT guns/ Jacksons.
29 Jun 2014, 04:20 AM

M36 jackson can't deal with it when there is a big blob of vetted obersoldaten, falls, volks with shrecks and panzerfusiliers running around supporting the KT. When it gets to this point you have lost and should pretty much gg.
29 Jun 2014, 04:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

I haven't faced/used the King Tiger myself, but from facing/using its little brother the Tiger 1 the best way to take one out, I'd guess, would be to keep it still (M20 mine, AT riflenade, block pathing with another vehicle, Stuart stun, or wait till it engages and cannot withdraw) then P47 rocket strafe it. Judging it's performance against, again, the Tiger 1, one pass should take out 1/4 or more of its health. The plane passes over three times, and you can finish it off with Jacksons. Just be sure to wait til it's further away from the base flaks and the OBK flak truck before using it.
29 Jun 2014, 08:58 AM

About Tiger, I can deal with it in 8seconds when there are favorable circumstances.
First of all get Stuart. Secondly use Airborne. Thirdly get Jackson.
Step 1: Watch where turret is directed.
Step 2: Stun with Stuart
Step 3: Call Thunderbolt
Step 4: Fire with Jackson.
Step 5: Thunderbolt will finish it.

The same with KT but you need 2 Jacksons.
29 Jun 2014, 18:17 PM

The King has the slowest turret rotation. Catch it in a pincer while distracting it, or bring it down by flanking when it goes down a city street.
30 Jun 2014, 19:03 PM

I like to use a few M20 scout car mines. Since I know the king tiger filles the German player with moral and arrogance, they seem to charge with this unit.
The M20 mine disables tanks, this ambush requires a couple 2or3 AT guns. Also have a couple Jackson's ready to ponce. If available drop arty on it, call ins but one better is the priest, that way you have enough for the M20 mines. Now the arty is only a bonuses for DMG on this bastard of a tank. It's main use will be too keep the swarm of engineers that seem to fallow buttcuddling this monster.
30 Jun 2014, 21:01 PM

Yeah that’s one thing I always try and do when I’m being attacked by supper tanks. Take out the infantry that can repair it. as important as it might be to take out the tank I don’t even try to destroy it unless I’ve got a plan. Otherwise I fall back and attack everywhere else.

Unless your opponent is already beating you heavily, he would have sunk a majority of his resources into this one tank. This means that either its running around unsupported ( which means you can more easily flank it, or he’s running one huge blob of support infantry and vehicles ) leaving large parts of the map unguarded.
Being able to tell which one takes time and practice.
1 Jul 2014, 17:13 PM

I'm usually inclined to use Jacksons or M10's. If you've got a stuart, get it around the KT and pop its engine, riflenades can also work but i've had a hit and miss with them, so the stuart has been more likely to work.

Then, AT's and Jacksons can usually do the trick. AT's got a good record of just breaking armor and Jacksons/m10 rounds to the rear and sides are great kilers.

I think the real clincher is killing support units as there have been a few times when the KT has just limped away to be repaired and the kill stalled by other blocking units
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3
Korea, Republic Of 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment